1. Rupsi Airport in Assam opens for business Commercial operations at Rupsi Airport, northeast India’s 15th and Assam’s 7th airport, have begun.
- Private Flybig airlines conducted a trial flight on the Guwahati-Rupsi-Guwahati highway.
- The Regional Connectivity Scheme-Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik (RCS-UDAN) scheme established the airport in Assam’s Kokrajhar district for Rs 69 crore.
2. The Haryana Police Department has launched the “COVID-19 Hospital Transport Service” to provide free transportation to infected patients in need
- The Haryana Police Department has launched the “COVID-19 Hospital Transport Service” (COV-HOTS), which will provide free transportation for infected patients from their homes to hospitals or nursing homes and back. The service is completely free and is only available to COVID patients.
- This service will be equipped with a total of 440 vehicles, with each police district receiving 20 SUVs.
3. Around 581 PSA medical oxygen plants will be built in states, according to Gadkari
- Around 581 Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) medical oxygen plants will be constructed in various states, with the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) serving as the nodal agency for civil and electrical operation, according to Union Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), which is part of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, will be the nodal agency for completing civil and electrical work for these plants.
4. Nepal celebrates the reopening of a hydropower plant that was restored with Indian assistance
- According to the Indian embassy in Kathmandu, the newly rehabilitated small hydropower plant at Chandannath Municipality in Nepal’s Jumla district was practically inaugurated.
- The small hydropower plant was built with Indian funding of Rs 26.39 million in Nepali rupees. It was established with a grant of NRs 26.39 million from the Indian government.
Banking & Finance News
5. The Reserve Bank of India has established an advisory committee to assist the regulatory review authority
- The Reserve Bank announced the formation of an advisory committee to assist the central bank’s second Regulatory Review Authority (RRA 2.0), which was established earlier this month to streamline regulations and reduce the enforcement burden on controlled entities.
- The advisory committee, led by SBI Managing Director S Janakiraman, will help the RRA by defining rules, guidelines, and returns that can be simplified.
6. eNAM has chosen Kotak Mahindra Bank as a digital payments partner
- The National Agriculture Market reported that Kotak Mahindra Bank has been chosen as a digital payments partner (eNAM).
- All stakeholders on the eNam network, including farmers, traders, and farmer producer organisations, will be able to conduct online transactions with Kotak Mahindra Bank (FPOs).
Business & Economy News
7. To tackle the oxygen shortage, IIT Kanpur has launched Mission Bharat O2.
- IIT Kanpur’s Startup Incubation and Innovation Centre (SIIC) has launched Mission Bharat O2, a 45-day open challenge to develop high-quality indigenous, rapidly scalable oxygen generation units to aid in the fight against the crisis.
- Prof. Amitabha Bandyopadhyay, Professor In-Charge, IIT Kanpur, Srikant Sastri, President, TiE Delhi-NCR, and Rahul Patel, Head of Strategic Initiatives, SIIC, IIT Kanpur, will lead the manufacturing challenge task force.
8. NDDB signs a memorandum of understanding with EESL to provide energy-efficient solutions to the dairy industry
- Energy Efficiency Services (EESL) and the National Dairy Development Board have signed an agreement to encourage effective sustainable technologies in the dairy industry.
- For plants in the dairy cooperative sector across the world, EESL will conceptualize, propose, and design technically sound alternative energy generation solutions.
9. Income tax laws have been relaxed, allowing you to pay Rs 2 lakh or more in cash for Covid care
- Until May 31, the government permitted hospitals, pharmacies, and COVID-19 care centers to accept cash payments from patients or their relatives in excess of Rs 2 lakh.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) released a notification stating that such entities would be needed to obtain the patient’s and payee’s PAN or Aadhaar numbers, as well as their relationship.
10. According to Fitch, GDP will rise by 9.5 percent in FY22
- The rapid and steep increase in coronavirus cases – the highest-ever 4,12,262 new infections and a daily death toll of 3,980 – has overwhelmed the health system, which seemed to be collapsing.
- It predicted that real GDP will increase by 9.5 percent in 2021-22. (April 2021 to March 2022).
Awards & Honours News
11. The Arline Pacht Global Vision Award was presented by Justice Gita Mittal
- Justice Gita Mittal, former Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court, has been awarded the prestigious Arline Pacht Global Vision Award for 2021 by the International Association of Women Judges, a first for an Indian jurist (IAWJ).
- During the virtual opening ceremony of the IAWJ Biennial Conference, the Award will be presented. She shares the honor with Mexico’s Justice Margarita Luna Ramos.
12. Ashu Garg, the Registrar General of the National Green Tribunal, has died.
- Ashu Garg, Registrar General of the Principal Bench of the National Green Tribunal in New Delhi, died at COVID-19.
- On January 14, 2020, Garg was appointed Registrar General of the NGT’s Principal Bench. He had previously worked as a judicial officer in Delhi.
13. Shesh Narain Singh, a senior journalist, has died.
- Shesh Narain Singh, a senior journalist in Noida, died of coronavirus disease (Covid-19).
- Shesh Narain Singh had a two-decade career as a journalist, political analyst, and foreign policy specialist.
14. Anup Bhattacharya, a Swadhin Bangla Betar musician, has died.
- Swadhin and freedom fighter Anup Bhattacharya, a member of the Bangla Betar Kendra, died in Dhaka. He was 77 years old at the time.
- Anup Bhattacharya was hailed as one of the best Tagore singers. In addition, he wrote Baul and modern Bangla songs.
15. Vanraj Bhatia, a veteran music composer, died at the age of 93
- Vanraj Bhatia, a veteran music composer, died in Mumbai after a brief illness. He was 93 years old when he died.
- He composed music for a number of films, including Shyam Benegal’s “Ankur” and Naseeruddin Shah’s “Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro.”
16. Prateek Chaudhuri, a well-known sitar player, has died.
- Prateek Chaudhuri, a well-known sitar player, died of COVID-related complications almost a week after his father, music maestro Pandit Devbrata Chaudhuri, died of the virus. He was 49 years old at the time.
- Prateek Chaudhuri, a member of the Senia Gharana, was also a professor at the University of Delhi’s Department of Music, Faculty of Music and Fine Arts.
17. International Migratory Bird Day: 08 May
- The second Saturday in May is designated as World Migratory Bird Day to raise awareness of migratory birds and the importance of international cooperation in their conservation. It falls on May 8, 2021 this year.
- “Sing, Fly, Soar – Like a Bird!” is the theme for this year’s World Migratory Bird Day.
18. Day of the Red Cross and Red Crescent: 08 May
- Every year on May 8, World Red Cross Day, also known as Red Crescent Day, is commemorated. Today is Henry Dunant’s birthday, and he is the founder of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- ‘Together, we are invincible’ is the theme of World Red Cross Day 2021.
19. World Thalassemia Day: 08 May
- Every year on May 8, World Thalassemia Day is commemorated. The day honors patients who have struggled with this genetic condition and raises awareness about the disease and its symptoms.
- “Addressing Health Inequalities In the Global Thalassemia Community” is the theme of World Thalassemia Day this year.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com