In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 10th June 2021 in detail.
1.Weyan is the first village in the world to vaccinate its entire adult population.
- A secluded hamlet in Jammu and Kashmir’s Bandipora region has become the first village in the country to vaccinate its entire adult population against the new coronavirus.
- Weyan, a village in the district of Bandipora (J&K), has become the country’s first community to vaccinate its entire population over the age of 18.
2.India is taking all steps to eliminate single-use plastic by 2022, according to Prakash Javadekar.
- Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar stated during the launch of the ‘Plastic Hackathon 2021′ campaign that India is taking all effort to guarantee that the country is free of single-use plastic by 2022, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi has envisioned.
- In an audio message to kick off the two-month-long awareness campaign against single-use plastics (SUPs), Javadekar said the Environment Ministry has taken many initiatives to eliminate single-use plastic from the country.
3.PM Modi announces the beginning of the E-100 initiative.
- To commemorate World Environment Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the E-100 pilot project in Pune. The ambitious project intends to create a nationwide network for ethanol production and distribution.
- In keeping with this year’s World Environment Day theme of promoting biofuels for a better environment, the Prime Minister also issued the “Report of the Expert Committee on Road Map for Ethanol Blending in India 2020-2025.”
4. The government has approved the allocation of 5 MHz of spectrum in the 700 MHz frequency band to the railways for improved train safety and security.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the allocation of 5 megahertz of 700 MHz spectrum to Indian Railways for public safety and security services at stations and in trains.
- Railways plans to use this frequency to deliver Long Term Evolution (LTE)-based Mobile Train Radio Communication throughout its route. The project is expected to cost more than Rs 25,000 crore and is expected to be finished in the next five years.
5. Under PMAY-U, the government has approved 708 projects for the construction of 3.61 lakh dwellings.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban, the government has approved 708 projects for the construction of 3.61 lakh dwellings (PMAY-U).
- The decision was made at the PMAY-54th U’s Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee (CSMC) meeting in New Delhi.
- These homes will be built in the verticals of Beneficiary Led Construction and Affordable Housing in Partnership.
6. Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) phase -2 invests Rs 40,700 crore to solid and liquid waste management, according to the Jal Shakti Ministry.
- According to the Jal Shakti Ministry, the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) phase -2 has been granted Rs 40,700 crore for solid and liquid waste management to help over two lakh villages in the current financial year.
- According to the Ministry, the Central contribution will be around Rs 14000 crore, while the States would pay more than Rs 8300 crore. The 15th Finance Commission would make funds worth Rs 12,730 crore available.
7.According to an Economist survey, Dhaka and Karachi are among the world’s 10 least livable cities.
- According to the 2021 edition of The Economist Intelligence Unit’s (The EIU) Global Liveability Ranking, Damascus is the world’s least liveable city, while most of the previous ten least liveable cities, including Dhaka and Karachi in the Asia-Pacific region, stay in the bottom ten this year.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit’s (The EIU) Global Liveability Ranking for 2021 finds that Auckland is the most liveable city in the world, owing to New Zealand’s ability to contain Covid-19 faster than other cities across the world, resulting in the early easing of restrictions.
8. El Salvador is the first country to legalise bitcoin as a form of payment.
- El Salvador has become the first country to recognize bitcoin as legal cash, a decision praised by President Nayib Bukele as a watershed moment for financial inclusion and economic growth in the impoverished Central American country.
- The law was passed by the legislature, which Bukele controls, with 62 of 84 potential votes.
9. The 31st India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol has begun.
- The 31st edition of the India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) has begun, with the goal of maintaining the Indian Ocean safe and secure for international trade.
- The coordinated patrols of the two armies will culminate on June 11 at their international boundary line.
Banking & Finance News
10.Sebi fines Franklin Templeton AMC Rs 5 crore and bans Vivek Kudva for a year.
- For breaking regulatory rules in the context of the winding up of six debt schemes in 2020, Sebi restricted Franklin Templeton AMC from launching any new debt scheme for two years and fined it Rs 5 crore.
- It has also been ordered to refund investment management and advisory fees of Rs 512 crore, including interest, earned in relation to the six debt schemes, according to Sebi.
Business & Economy News
11. In 2021, India is expected to grow at an annual rate of 8.3%, according to the World Bank.
- According to the World Bank’s June 2021 Global Economic Prospects, India’s growth for FY 2021/22, which began in April 2021, is expected to be 8.3 percent, boosted by plans for increased spending on infrastructure, rural development, and health, as well as a stronger-than-expected recovery in services.
- COVID19 has caused severe damage to economic activity, despite better growth projections since January.
12. The RBI has approved the re-appointment of CS Ghosh as MD and CEO of Bandhan Bank.
- Bandhan Bank has gained RBI approval to re-appoint Chandra Shekhar Ghosh as its MD and CEO for a three-year term, which is less than the five-year term agreed by the board of directors in November last year.
- On July 9, 2021, Ghosh’s current term will come to an end.
13. Spoorthi Priya is the new India Grievance Officer on Facebook.
- Spoorthi Priya has been selected as Facebook’s grievance officer for India, according to the company’s website.
- The decision comes as a result of new IT rules that compel major social media intermediaries – those with more than 50 lakh users – to employ a grievance officer, a nodal officer, and a chief compliance officer.
14. As DG Naval Operations, Vice Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar takes over.
- Director General Naval Operations has been assigned to Vice Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar, AVSM, VSM.
- The Flag Officer is an Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) specialist who has served as an ASW Officer on Navy frontline warships and later as the Executive Officer and Principal Warfare Officer of the Guided Destroyer INS Mysore.
15. Cricket Website ‘CRICURU’ Launched by Virender Sehwag
- Virender Sehwag, a former India opener, has founded the cricket coaching website “CRICURU” with the goal of revolutionizing the learning experience for aspiring players.
- Sehwag collaborated with former India cricketer and batting coach Sanjay Bangar to create a curriculum for each player.
Awards & Honours News
16. An Indian-American student has won a prestigious award for developing an environmentally friendly foam substitute.
- The effect of the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy inspired an Indian-American student to invent an eco-friendly foam replacement, which won him a major award.
- At the 2021 virtual Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair, Sohi Sanjay Patel, a sophomore at a Texas high school, was named the winner of the Patrick H Hurd Sustainability Award (ISEF).
17. Three Indian universities rank among the top 200 universities in the world according to the QS World University Rankings.
- In the QS World University Rankings 2022, three Indian universities are ranked in the top 200, with IIT-Bombay at 177th, IIT-Delhi at 185th, and IISc-Bengaluru at 186th.
- According to QS Ranking statistics, IISc-Bengaluru is ranked first in the world for research. The 18th edition of the world’s international university rankings was announced by QS Quacquarelli Symonds, a worldwide higher education expert.
18. Rhea Chakraborty is an Indian actress. The ‘Times 50 Most Desirable Women 2020′ list has her at the top.
- The Times’ 50 Most Desirable Women 2020 list was topped by Bollywood actress Rhea Chakraborty.
- The list of the Times 50 Most Desirable Ladies 2020 includes women under the age of 40 from a variety of disciplines. It shines a light on those who have made a name for themselves in the past year and won hearts. The ranking is determined by an internal jury and votes cast in an online poll.
19. Director-producer of casting Seher Aly Latif, known for the film “The Lunchbox,” has died.
- Seher Aly Latif, a casting director who worked on films like The Lunchbox and Durgamati, died of cardiac arrest, according to her associate and filmmaker Neeraj Udhwani. She was in her early forties at the time.
- Seher is also the co-founder of Mutant Films, an independent production firm that backed the Netflix series Bhaag Beanie Bhaag, starring Swara Bhasker, and Maska, a film starring Manisha Koirala for the streaming service.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links
|Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com