In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 11th June 2021 in detail.
1. Punjab is the first state to utilise NFC-based electronic identification cards.
- Through the Punjab Mandi Board, the Punjab government became the first state in India to use Electronic Identity Cards (EIDs) with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology for government officials and employees.
- These NFC-based EIDs, which will operate at 13.66 MHz and transfer data at up to 424 kbit/s, will be utilized as the primary authentication device.
2. CBSE and Microsoft have teamed up to create a coding and data science curriculum for students in grades 6 through 12.
- In cooperation with Microsoft, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) introduced Coding for Classes 6 to 8 and Data Science for Classes 8 to 12 in the academic session 2021-22 in an effort to promote a new skill-based curriculum.
- Critical thinking, computational abilities, problem-solving skills, creativity, and hands-on exposure to new technologies are all emphasized in the coding and data science curriculums.
3. For 80 crore individuals, the government has extended the free foodgrain plan until November.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) will be extended till November, allowing 80 million people to continue receiving a monthly ration of free foodgrains.
- Beneficiaries protected by the National Food Security Act of 2013 are given 5 kg additional foodgrains free of charge per month over and above their usual allocations under PMGKAY, which was started during the first Covid-19 wave last year.
4. The number of children working has risen to 160 million for the first time in two decades.
- According to a new analysis by the International Labour Organization (ILO) and UNICEF, the number of children in child labour has climbed to 160 million worldwide, an increase of 8.4 million children in the last four years, with millions more at danger owing to the effects of COVID-19.
- Child Labour: Global Estimates 2020, Trends, and the Road Ahead, published ahead of World Day Against Child Labour on June 12th, warns that progress toward ending child labour has stalled for the first time in 20 years, reversing a previous downward trend that saw child labour fall by 94 million between 2000 and 2016.
5. China will host the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Transportation.
- The second United Nations Global Sustainable Transport Conference will be placed in Beijing, China, from the 14th to the 16th of October 2021.
- It will give participants the chance to focus on the potential, problems, and solutions for attaining global sustainable transportation.
Banking & Finance News
6. Indiabulls Housing and IIFL Home Finance have signed co-lending agreements with the Central Bank of India.
- Indiabulls Housing Finance and IIFL Home Finance, both NBFCs, have established co-lending relationships with the state-owned Central Bank of India.
- Non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) will originate and process retail home loans under this arrangement, while the Central Bank of India will accept 80 per cent of the housing loans into its book through direct assignment transactions, the lender said in separate regulatory filings.
7. KIADB signs an agreement with HDFC Bank to provide banking services to investors.
- The Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) and HDFC Bank have inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to provide consumers with a comprehensive range of financial goods and services.
- HDFC Bank will offer a comprehensive range of financial goods and services to its customers as part of the MoU, which will be delivered through an extensive network of branches across the country.
8. Fisdom and Indian Bank have teamed up to offer wealth management services.
- Indian Bank, the country’s seventh-largest public sector bank, has collaborated with wealth-tech firm Fisdom to provide its 10 million customers with a comprehensive range of wealth management products and services.
- The relationship will focus on providing large-scale facilitation and distribution of wealth products and services through Indian Bank’s network of over 6,000 branches and digital properties, such as the mobile banking app and internet banking platform.
Business & Economy News
9. The Indian Institute of Architects and the CII-IGBC have signed an agreement to strengthen the green building movement.
- The CII-Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) and the Indian Institute of Architects (IIA) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to support the Green Building Movement and Sustainable Development in the field of Architectural Design and Planning.
- This collaboration will help India consolidate its leadership position in the global green building map by defining new global benchmarks in environmentally sensitive building design, resource conservation, energy, and environmental management.
10. Choguel Maiga, a political veteran from Mali, Transitional Prime Minister is a title given to a person who is in charge of
- According to an announcement given out on the country’s national television, Malian political veteran Choguel Maiga was named temporary prime minister of the Sahel state on Monday.
- Colonel Assimi Goita, who spearheaded a coup on May 24, was sworn in as interim president just hours before the announcement.
11. MK Jain, the RBI’s Deputy Governor, has been given a two-year extension.
- The Reserve Bank announced that the government has extended Deputy Governor Mahesh Kumar Jain’s term for another two years, effective June 22, 2021, or until further orders, whichever comes first, when his current term ends on June 21, 2021.
- In June 2018, Jain was named deputy governor for a three-year term. He was the managing director of IDBI Bank before joining the Reserve Bank of India.
12. The RBI has approved the re-appointment of CS Ghosh as MD and CEO of Bandhan Bank.
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved Chandra Shekhar Ghosh’s re-appointment as MD and CEO of Bandhan Bank for another three years.
- The above re-appointment is contingent on shareholder approval at the bank’s next annual general meeting.
13. M R Kumar, Chairman of the LIC, has had his term extended by the Centre. Until March 20, 2022
- M R Kumar’s term as chairman of the state-owned insurance behemoth Life Insurance Corporation of India has been extended by the cabinet appointments committee (LIC).
- Kumar’s term as LIC chairman was set to expire on June 30, 2021, but the Centre prolonged it for over nine months, till March 13, 2022.
14. Sunil Chhetri is an Indian businessman. Lionel Messi of Argentina is surpassed.
- With 74 goals, Sunil Chhetri has surpassed Argentina’s Lionel Messi to become the second-highest active international goal-scorer.
- In a dual preliminary qualifying round encounter for the 2022 FIFA World Cup and the 2023 AFC Asian Cup, he set the record.
Awards & Honours News
15. For the second year in a row, DBS leads the Forbes World’s Best Banks list in India.
- Forbes has nominated DBS to their list of the World’s Best Banks for 2021. For the second year in a row, DBS was ranked first in India among 30 domestic and international banks.
- Forbes has released its third edition of the “World’s Best Banks” list, which was created in collaboration with market research firm Statista. A total of 43,000 banking customers from all around the world were polled about their present and previous banking ties.
16. Tsitsi Dangarembga, a Zimbabwean novelist, has been awarded the PEN Pinter Prize for 2021.
- Tsitsi Dangarembga, a Zimbabwean author, playwright, filmmaker, and activist, has won the PEN Pinter Prize 2021 for her “cultural relevance” in chronicling “the progress of Zimbabwe from a British colony to an autocratic and trouble-free state.”
- Dangarembga, a novelist, playwright, filmmaker, and activist, was also nominated for the prestigious Booker Prize for her book “This Mournable Body” in 2020. Claire Armitstead, Ellah P. Wakatama, and Andrew McMillan, this year’s jury, chose her for the PEN Pinter prize 2021.
17. The airports of Delhi and Hyderabad have been designated as ACI Asia–Pacific Green Airports.
- The Airports Council International (ACI) Asia-Pacific Green Airports Recognition 2021 has recognised GMR Airports’ Delhi and Hyderabad airports for their environmentally sustainable achievements.
- The ACI awarded the GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL) the Gold Recognition in the below 25 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) category, while the Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL), a GMR Group led consortium, received the Platinum Recognition in over 25 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) category.
Books & Authors News
18. Vijay Gokhale’s Tiananmen Square: The Making of a Protest – A Diplomat Reflects
- Former Indian Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale’s book “Tiananmen Square: The Making of a Protest – A Diplomat Looks Back” was recently released.
- The book takes a comprehensive look at the decade (1979-1989) when China embarked on its journey to become a world-class economy and a major power, all while navigating an intra-party struggle for control of the country’s political soul.
19. Dingko Singh, a former Indian boxer, died at the age of 42.
- Dingko Singh, the Asian Games gold medalist who inspired a generation of Indian boxers with his victory in Bangkok in 1998, died in Imphal after a long battle with cancer.
- In 1998, Dingko won gold in the Asian Games and was awarded the Arjuna Award. For his contributions to the sport, he was awarded the Padma Shri in 2013.
20. Buddhadeb Dasgupta, a national award-winning filmmaker and acclaimed poet, died in his Kolkata home after a protracted illness. He was 77 years old at the time.
- Bagh Bahadur, Lal Darja, Kaalpurush, and Mithun Chakraborty’s Tahader Katha were among his best-known films.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org