In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 1st November 2021 in detail.
1. The CBSE has launched the Veer Gatha project to educate children about the valour of the military services.
- The Ministry of Defence recently requested that school pupils be required to complete projects based on the valour of armed and paramilitary forces in order to raise awareness of the stories of bravery of the Indian Armed Forces. The Veer Gatha Project will be held by the Education Ministry’s Department of School Education and Literacy from October 21 to November 20, 2021.
- The Veer Gatha Project will be released on the CBSE IT platform for CBSE schools and on the MyGov platform for state government-run schools.
2. The government has approved an interest rate of 8.5 percent on EPF for FY21.
- According to a source, the government has approved an 8.5 percent rate of interest on employee provident funds for the fiscal year 2020-21.
- For 2019-20, the rate remained unchanged. Before the EPFO begins crediting individual accounts, the labour ministry will announce the interest rate. According to a senior EPFO official, the entire process might take up to 30 days from the time the rate is announced.
3. Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister, inaugurates the Sardar Patel Leadership Centre at LBSNAA Mussoorie.
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh dedicated the “Sardar Patel Leadership Centre” at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) in Mussoorie to the country on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas and the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The Sardar Patel Leadership Centre aspires to establish the groundwork for future generations of Indian and international civil servants, as envisioned by the Father of All India Services.
4. Gujarat’s Dairy Sahakar scheme is launched by Amit Shah.
- Amit Shah, the Union Minister of Cooperation, launched the Dairy Sahakar scheme in Anand, Gujarat, with the overarching goal of doubling farmers’ income and creating Atmanirbhar Bharat. He also spoke during Amul’s 75th anniversary celebrations in Anand.
- The Dairy Sahakar initiative will cost Rs 5000 crore in total. The initiative will be executed by the Ministry of Cooperation’s National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
5. Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State for External Affairs, launched India’s first manned ocean mission, Samudrayan, in Chennai.
- With the start of this Unique Ocean Mission, India joins an elite group of countries that have such undersea vehicles for carrying out subsea missions, including the United States, Russia, Japan, France, and China.
6. Manoj Sinha, Union Minister, inaugurates the Apple Festival in Srinagar, J&K.
- Kashmir (Jammu and Kashmir) In the digital presence of Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha inaugurated a two-day long Apple Pageant-2021 held in Srinagar.
- The apple from J&K contributes 87 percent of national production and supports the livelihood of around 30 percent of the population, with yearly production exceeding 2.2 million tonnes.
7. Pneumococcal Vaccine Expansion Has Been Launched Across the Country
- Mansukh Mandaviya, the Union Health Minister, announced the statewide extension of the Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV), which he claims will help reduce childhood mortality by 60 percent. The PCV will be available for general usage for the first time in the country.
- The Union minister also announced the release of vaccine communication and awareness kits, which will be sent to all states and union territories.
8. The Israeli Air Force’s Mirage 2000 squadron participates in the Blue Flag exercise.
- The Mirage 2000 aircraft squadron of the Indian Air Force is participating in the Blue Flag 2021 international exercise, which was inaugurated in Israel.
- The war games are being held in Israel, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, France, India, Greece, and the United States.
Banking & Finance News
9. The Asian Development Bank has approved a $250 million loan for the development of India’s industrial corridors.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) announced that it has authorised a loan of USD 250 million (about Rs 1,875 crore) to help India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP).
- This is the first subprogram of a USD 500 million programmatic loan to construct 11 industrial corridors throughout 17 states.
10. Aditya Birla Health Insurance and Federal Bank have formed a bancassurance cooperation.
- A bancassurance collaboration has been formed between Federal Bank and Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Limited (ABHICL).
- As a result of this partnership, Federal Bank will be able to offer ABHICL’s innovative health insurance products to its customers.
11. LEAF and Mastercard have teamed up to increase financial inclusion.
- Mastercard has teamed up with Lawrencedale Agro Processing India (LEAF) to launch LEAF Farmer Network (LFN), a digital platform that aims to promote financial assessment and inclusion among farmers in India.
- Farmers in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu would benefit from LFN’s digitisation of harvest data, improved market access, crop expertise, and, most crucially, transparency through connecting directly with purchasers.
Business & Economy News
12. Microsoft has surpassed Apple as the most valuable company on the planet.
- Apple Inc lost its title as the most valuable public corporation in the world to Microsoft Corp, after the iPhone maker’s stock slid by around 2%. Apple’s revenues dropped $6 billion in the fiscal fourth quarter as a result of ongoing worldwide supply chain issues, falling short of Wall Street projections.
- Apple’s revenues dropped $6 billion in the fiscal fourth quarter as a result of ongoing worldwide supply chain issues, falling short of Wall Street projections.
13. The NCLAT is chaired by Justice Ashok Bhushan, who was appointed by the government.
- Justice Ashok Bhushan, a former Supreme Court judge, has been named head of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal by the government (NCLAT).
- In addition, Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar, a former Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court, has been named President of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
14. KPMG India has selected Yezdi Nagporewalla as the new CEO. Financial services firm KMPG has named senior partner Yezdi Nagporewalla as the new chief executive officer (CEO) for the India division.
- Nagporewalla has been named the new CEO of KPMG India for a four-year tenure, beginning February 7, 2022, and ending December 31, 2026.
16. M Krishnan Nair, a renowned Kerala oncologist, has died.
- Dr M Krishnan Nair, the founding head of the renowned Regional Cancer Centre and a Padma Shri awardee, died in Thiruvananthapuram due to age-related diseases. He was 81 years old when he died.
- Nair was instrumental in the establishment of RCC’s paediatrics wing in the 1980s, as well as the establishment of a Community and Preventive Oncology Department aimed at raising cancer awareness.
17. Former Afghan Prime Minister Ahmad Shah Ahmadzai has died.
- Ahmad Shah Ahmadzai, Afghanistan’s former prime minister, died at the age of 78.
- From 1995 to 1996, Ahmadzai was the Prime Minister of Afghanistan, shortly before the Taliban assumed control of the country.
18. November 1st is World Vegan Day.
- Every year on November 1st, World Vegan Day is commemorated.
- The day was established in 1994 to honour the 50th anniversary of the formation of The Vegan Society in the United Kingdom, as well as the coining of the phrases “vegan” and “veganism.”
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com