In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 20th Dcember 2021 in detail.
1. In Uttar Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi lay the foundation stone for the Ganga Expressway.
- In Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi lay the foundation stone for India’s longest roadway, the Ganga Expressway, which will provide fast-paced connectivity across the country.
- The six-lane, 594-kilometer highway, which will cost around Rs 36200 crore to construct, will connect UP’s western and eastern areas.
2. In Hyderabad, Telangana, India’s first International Arbitration and Mediation Centre (IAMC) was launched.
- India’s First International Arbitration and Mediation Centre (IAMC) was launched at Phoenix VK Tower in Nanakramguda, Hyderabad, Telangana, by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Justice NV Ramana and Chief Minister of Telangana K Chandrasekhar Rao.
- The International Arbitration and Mediation Center (IAMC) was formed to promptly settle conflicts that emerge owing to a lack of sufficient judges. IAMC will resolve commercial conflicts as well as disagreements between ordinary individuals.
3. Tata Motors has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Maharashtra to establish a car scrapping facility.
- Tata Motors Limited and the Maharashtra state government have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to facilitate the creation of a Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility (RVSF) in Maharashtra.
- The plant will be able to recycle around 35000 automobiles each year.
4. GAIL and GACL have struck an agreement to build a 500 KLD bioethanol plant in Gujarat.
- GAIL India Limited and Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited (GACL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the construction of a 500 Kilo Litre Per Day (KLD) Bioethanol facility in Gujarat, as well as cooperation in other areas of mutual interest.
- The project’s anticipated cost is Rs. 1,000 crores, while annual revenue is expected to be around Rs. 1500 crores. This project is predicted to save approximately USD 70 million per year in foreign exchange.
5. Karl Nehammer is sworn in as Austria’s new chancellor.
- In a ceremony at Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria, Karl Nehammer was sworn in as Austria’s chancellor by Alexander Van der Bellen, President of Austria.
- He succeeds Alexander Schallenberg, a professional diplomat who became chancellor in October 2021. In the previous two months, he has been Austria’s Chancellor for the third time.
Banking & Finance News
6. The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), led by G Padmanabhan, established a group to develop a framework for the transfer of stressed loans from domestic lenders to financial institutions.
- G Padmanabhan, a former executive director of the Reserve Bank of India, will chair the group, which includes members with experience in banking and law companies.
7. RBL Bank was given permission by the RBI to collect indirect taxes.
- The Reserve Bank of India has granted authorization to RBL Bank to collect indirect taxes on behalf of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs, based on a proposal by the Ministry of Finance’s Controller General of Accounts (CBIC).
- The RBI granted RBL Bank authorization to collect direct taxes in November 2021. As a result of the recent announcement, the bank is now able to collect both direct and indirect taxes.
8. Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test-fired its latest generation Agni Prime (Agni-P) missile from a defence facility at Dr APJ Abdul Kalam island off the coast of Odisha near Balasore.
- The Agni-P is a missile in the Agni series that is a new generation upgraded variant. Surface-to-surface nuclear-capable ballistic missile with a range of 1000–2000 kilometres.
9. At the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2021 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, India won 16 medals.
- India won 16 medals in the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2021 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, including four gold, seven silver, and five bronze.
- Bindyarani Devi was India’s lone medalist at the World Weightlifting Championships 2021, which were held in Tashkent concurrently.
10. At the BWF World Badminton Championships, K Srikanth took silver.
- Kidambi Srikanth, an Indian shuttler, became the first Indian to win a silver medal in the BWF World Championships. He was defeated in the final by Singapore’s Loh Kean Yew 21-15, 22-20.
- This was the first time a Singaporean man won gold in the BWF World Championships. The badminton tournament was held in Huelva, Spain, from December 12 to 19, 2021.
Awards & Honours News
11. The Golden Peacock Environment Management Award was given to SAIL in 2021.
- For the third year in a row, the Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL), which is part of the Ministry of Steel, has been granted the coveted Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2021.
- Since 1998, the Environment Foundation (WEF) has granted the award to organisations for notable achievements in environmental management.
Books & Authors News
12. Dr. Rekha Chaudhari published a book titled “India’s Ancient Legacy of Wellness.”
- Dr. Rekha Chaudhari’s book, “India’s Ancient Legacy of Wellness,” was launched in the presence of Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
- It was released to coincide with the World Digital Day (WDD) event. The book emphasises the importance of being close to nature for humans, as it allows them to recharge and rejuvenate in order to accomplish effective job.
13. R L Jalappa, a former Union Minister and leader of the INC, died.
- Jalappa, a former Union Minister of Textiles and a veteran politician of the Indian National Congress (INC), died in Kolar, Karnataka.
- Devaraj Urs Medical College in Kolar and RL Jalappa Institute of Technology in Doddaballapur were founded and chaired by RL Jalappa.
14. International Human Solidarity Day is celebrated on December 20th.
- The International Human Solidarity Day (IHSD) is celebrated on December 20 by the United Nations to honour “unity in diversity.”
- The IHSD intends to foster cooperation in order to fulfil the Sustainable Development Goals, which include poverty elimination. The United Nations General Assembly declared’solidarity’ to be one of the most important cornerstones of human relationships on December 22, 2005.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org