Important Daily Current Affairs of 25th June 2021
In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 25th June 2021 in detail.
1. Odisha collaborates with the UN World Food Programme to empower and support women through self-help organisations.
- The Odisha government and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) have teamed together to expand livelihood efforts and reach out to thousands of state-supported Women’s Self-Help Groups in order to increase household food and nutritional security (WSHGs).
- This is an important cooperation in Odisha aimed at promoting nutritional security through women’s empowerment, livelihood, and income.
2. Raghuram Rajan has been given the title of Raghuram Rajan. Economic Advisory Panel of Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu government has agreed to form a five-member “Economic Advisory Council to the Chief Minister,” which will include renowned economic experts from around the world.
- The economic advisory council for Tamil Nadu’s chief minister will include Nobel laureate Esther Duflo and former Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan, as well as three other members.
3. Odisha Chief Minister Launches ‘Ashirbad’ For Covid Orphans’ Education And Health
- Naveen Patnaik, the Chief Minister of Odisha, established a new scheme called Ashirbad for the education, health, and upkeep of Covid orphans.
- Children who lost their parents or the family’s primary earner to Covid-19 on April 1, 2020 or later will be eligible for coverage under the scheme.
4. Denmark and India have signed a framework agreement for the International Solar Alliance.
- Denmark and India signed the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement (ISA FA) and Instrument of Ratification, according to Arindam Bagchi, a spokeswoman for the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Meanwhile, when revisions to the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement (ISA FA) went into effect on January 8, Denmark became the first country to ratify it.
5. The BRICS nations have agreed to collaborate on scientific and technology innovation.
- At the 11th BRICS S&T Steering Committee Meeting, the BRICS nations unanimously resolved to collaborate on innovation.
- Sanjeev Kumar Varshney, Advisor & Head International Cooperation, headed the Indian delegation during the meeting, which was hosted by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. This meeting was part of a series of sectoral activities that included a Ministerial level meeting and the BRICS Summit.
- For the purpose of formulating the action plan, India’s proposal would be evaluated by the BRICS Science, Technology, and Innovation Entrepreneurship (STIEP) working group.
6. Bhutan’s Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) programme was launched in collaboration with India. TIWB is a joint effort of the UN Development Programme (UNDP) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- India was selected as the Partner Jurisdiction for this programme, and it has given the Tax Expert.
- International taxation and transfer pricing will be the emphasis of the seminar.
Banking & Finance News
7. The ‘Pay Your Contact’ service has been launched by Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMBL) has launched ‘Pay Your Contact,’ an innovative feature on the KMBL mobile banking app that uses the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform and allows customers to send money or make payments to any of their contacts across all payment apps simply by entering the beneficiary’s mobile number.
- Customers of KMBL no longer need to remember or obtain their bank account information, IFSC code, or UPI IDs in order to send money or make payments with ‘Pay Your Contact.’
8. For Bancassurance, SBI General Insurance and IDFC First Bank have teamed up.
- SBI General Insurance, one of India’s largest general insurance providers, has entered into a corporate agency relationship with IDFC FIRST Bank to distribute non-life insurance products.
- SBI General Insurance will provide insurance products such as health, personal injury, home, motor, and travel to the bank’s customers under this strategic collaboration, as well as commercial insurance products such as property, marine, and engineering insurance.
9. Afthonia Lab, a fintech incubator, and YES BANK have partnered to help businesses develop APIs and test concepts.
- Afthonia Lab, an Indian fintech incubator, announced a partnership with YES BANK to assist its portfolio businesses develop APIs in a sandbox environment and test their solutions in real-time.
- The businesses in Afthonia Lab’s cohort will also have access to YES BANK mentors in exchange for assisting the bank in digitising its procedures.
Business & Economy News
10. S&P lowers India’s GDP prediction for FY22 from 11% to 9.5 percent.
- S&P Global Ratings lowered India’s growth prediction for the current fiscal year to 9.5 per cent from 11 per cent previously, citing the risk of more COVID-19 pandemic waves.
- The agency decreased its growth forecast, citing a severe second COVID-19 epidemic in April and May, which resulted in state-imposed lockdowns and a dramatic drop in economic activity.
11. In Argentina and Brazil, IFFCO will build a Nano Urea Fertilizer Plant.
- The world’s largest fertiliser cooperative, Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO), has announced that it will establish a Nano Urea Liquid manufacturing plant in Argentina in collaboration with the Argentina Cooperative Confederation (Cooperar) and the Instituto Nacional de Asociaţivismo y Economia Social (INAES).
- They will work together to assess the viability of establishing a Nano Urea Fertilizer Manufacturing Plant in Argentina.
12. WhatsApp and the National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC) have launched a programme to increase work prospects for young people.
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and WhatsApp have teamed up to develop the Digital Skill Champions Program, which aims to teach India’s youth digital skills so that they may find work.
- School and university students will be tutored to assimilate digital and online abilities as part of this programme, which will end in WhatsApp and the NSDC giving ‘Digital Skill Champions’ accreditation.
13. Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan has been elected.
- According to official statistics, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan’s party gained a majority in the snap parliamentary elections with 53.9 per cent of the vote.
- According to the findings, the coalition led by Pashinyan’s opponent, Robert Kocharyan, received only 21% of the vote. Kocharyan, on the other hand, challenged the vote and claimed election fraud.
14. SEBI’s Ananta Barua’s term has been extended for another two years.
- Ananta Barua’s appointment as a Whole-time Member (WTM) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has been extended by the Centre for another two years beyond July 31. The president’s term has been extended to July 31, 2023.
- The government began looking for new WTMs to join the SEBI Board in March of this year, as the tenure of two current WTMs, SK Mohanty and Ananta Barua, were set to expire in June and July of this year, respectively. Re-appointment was an option for both Mohanty and Barua.
15. ‘Lakshya Tera Samne Hai’ is India’s official Olympic theme song. The official Olympic theme song for the Indian delegation was released ahead of the Tokyo Games. The song “Lakshya Tera Samne Hai” was composed and sung by Mohit Chauhan.
- This year’s Tokyo Olympics will begin on July 23 and run until August 8. Last year’s event was supposed to happen, but it was postponed owing to the COVID-19 epidemic.
Awards & Honours News
16. NTPC is named one of India’s best employers among nation-builders for the year 2021.
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) was named India’s Best Employers among Nation-Builders 2021 for the first time. The Great Places to Work Institute has named it the ‘Great Place to Work’ for the 15th year in a row.
- NTPC is the only Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) that routinely ranks among India’s top 50 greatest places to work. The PSU is a government-owned corporation that reports to the Ministry of Power. The Maharatna Community and Public Sector Unit (CPSU) has been named one of India’s top 50 “Best Workplaces” for the second year in a row.
17. The Cochin International Airport received an award for excellence in airport service quality.
- The Director General’s Roll of Excellence in Airport Service Quality was awarded to Cochin International Airport by the Airport Council International (ACI).
- The ACI, a global organisation of airport operators, created the Roll of Excellence award to recognise airports that continuously provide great service to customers as determined by a poll.
Books & Authors News
18. Harsh Vardhan Debuts His New Book, “My Joys And Sorrows – As A Mother Of A Special Child”
- Krishna Saksena’s book “My Joys and Sorrows – as a Mother of a Special Child” was unveiled by Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan.
- In the best tradition of Indian motherhood, it is the embodiment of a mother’s bravery and endurance.
19. Benigno Aquino, the former President of the Philippines, died of renal disease at the age of 61.
- Benigno Aquino III, the former Philippine President, died at the age of 61 due to health issues.
- Aquino, who was president from 2010 to 2016, was the scion of a dynasty known in the Philippines as a bulwark against tyranny.
20. Today is World Vitiligo Day.
- Every year on June 25, World Vitiligo Day 2021 is commemorated to raise awareness about this rare skin illness around the world.
- The date of June 25 was chosen as a tribute to Michael Jackson, a musician who suffered from this rare skin ailment until his death on June 25, 2009.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com