In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 29th October 2021 in detail.
1. The government has reconstituted the EAC-PM, which now has seven members and is led by Bibek Debroy.
- The seven-member Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister has been reconstituted by the central government (EAC-PM). The Council’s Chairman, Bibek Debroy, remains in place.
- The EAC-PM has been reconstituted for a two-year period. Apart from the Chairman, Rakesh Mohan, Poonam Gupta, TT Ram Mohan, Sajid Chenoy, Neelkanth Mishra, and Nilesh Shah are the other six members of the EAC-PM (Bibek Debroy).
2. PM Modi is virtually present at the 18th ASEAN-India Summit.
- On October 28, 2021, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi electronically attended the 18th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)-India Summit. PM Modi was in attendance at the 9th ASEAN-India Summit.
- The Sultan of Brunei served as Chairman of the Summit.
3. The ‘Sarthak,’ an Indian Coast Guard ship built entirely by Indians, has been dedicated to the country.
- On October 28, 2021, the Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) ‘Sarthak’ was dedicated to the country. It will be based in Gujarat’s Porbandar.
- The ship was commissioned at Goa by the Director General of the Indian Coast Guard, K Natarajan.
4. Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel announces the commencement of the ‘Go-Green’ programme, which will equip construction and industrial workers with subsidised electric vehicles.
- Gujarat’s Chief Minister, Bhupendra Patel, has announced the introduction of a new ‘Go-Green’ scheme to distribute electric two-wheelers at subsidised rates to the state’s construction and industrial workers.
- The scheme’s portal has also been introduced by the minister.
5. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister, speaks at the CII Asia Health 2021 Summit.
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, participated in the CII Asia Health 2021 summit via videoconference on October 28, 2021.
- ‘Transforming Healthcare for a Better Tomorrow’ is the topic of the two-day conference.
6. The ‘Syracuse 4A’ military communications satellite was successfully launched by France.
- Recently, France successfully launched Syracuse 4A, a military communication satellite, into orbit from Kourou, French Guiana.
- The cutting-edge satellite was launched using an Ariane 5 rocket.
7. Baldev Prakash’s appointment as MD and CEO of J&K Bank has been approved by the RBI.
- The Reserve Bank of India has accepted Baldev Prakash’s appointment as Managing Director and CEO of J&K Bank for a three-year term beginning on April 10, 2022, whichever comes first.
- The actual date of Baldev Prakash’s appointment as MD and CEO of J&K Bank will be disclosed later by the bank.
8. NaBFID’s new chairperson is K V Kamath.
- K V Kamath has been named chairperson of the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development by the Central Government (NaBFID). Kamath is a well-known Indian banker and the founding president of the New Development Bank (NDB).
- In India, NaBFID is a newly established development finance institution (DFI). The National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID) Act 2021 established it for infrastructure financing.
9. President Shavkat Mirziyoyev of Uzbekistan is re-elected for a second five-year term.
- Shavkat Mirziyoyev, the incumbent President of Uzbekistan, was re-elected for a second five-year term on October 24, 2021, after winning a landslide victory in the presidential election.
- The 64-year-old received 80.1 percent of the vote.
10. Indian-origin Anita Anand has been named Canada’s Minister of National Defence.
- Anita Anand, a Canadian politician of Indian descent, was named as the country’s new Defence Minister on October 26, 2021, following Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Cabinet reshuffle.
- After Kim Campbell in the 1990s, she is just the second woman to be appointed as Canada’s National Defence Minister.
11. The 29th of October is International Internet Day.
- Every year on October 29, the International Internet Day is observed around the world to commemorate the first use of the internet.
- In 1969, this day commemorates the transmission of the first electronic message from one computer to another.
12. The 29th of October is World Psoriasis Day.
- The International Federation of Psoriasis Associations (IFPA) celebrates World Psoriasis Day every year on October 29 to raise awareness, empower people with psoriasis, and take action to improve the quality of life for people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- “Uniting for action” is the topic for World Psoriasis Day in 2021.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org