In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 5th July 2021 in detail.
1. The 6th BRICS Culture Ministers Meeting was hosted by Union Minister Prahlad Singh Patel.
- Shri Prahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism, hosted the 6th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting via video conference.
- Under the topic Bonding and Harmonizing Cultural Synergy, a discussion was held on the promotion and extension of cultural activities among the BRICS countries.
2. During the week-long Van Mahotsav in Uttar Pradesh, a new record was set by planting 25 crore trees.
- On the occasion of Van Mahotsav (July 1 and 7), the Uttar Pradesh government plans to set a new record by planting 30 crore saplings across the state.
- Yogi Adityanath, the Chief Minister, held a programme to start planting 25 crore samples in a single day. The state administration also supplied district administrators with recommendations to ensure the plantation drive’s success.
3. The state of Uttar Pradesh intends to build Health ATMs to improve health services.
- The government of Uttar Pradesh is intending to set up Health ATMs to give better health services to the people of the state.
- While evaluating a high-level Covid19 conference in Lucknow, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath directed that opportunities be explored in this regard so that impoverished and stranded people might benefit.
4. The CRPF and the C-DAC have signed an agreement to train force personnel in modern technologies and collaborate on collaborative initiatives.
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Centre for Development of Innovative Computing (C-DAC) to train its personnel in advanced technologies and collaborate on projects.
- The MoU aims to improve the CRPF’s technical skills by training its personnel in advanced areas such as the Internet of Things (IoT), cyber security, AI, high-performance computing, and big data analytics.
5. According to WHO, China has been declared malaria-free after a 70-year battle.
- The World Health Organization declared China malaria-free after a 70-year battle to eradicate the mosquito-borne disease.
- In the 1940s, the country reported 30 million instances of the infectious sickness every year, but it has already gone four years without an indigenous case.
Banking & Finance News
6. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued directions for the appointment of MDs and WTDs in urban cooperative banks.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued a notification on June 25 harmonising the rules for the appointment of chief executives and whole-time directors (WTDs) of urban co-operative banks (UCBs) with those of commercial banks.
- Unless terminated or removed earlier, the managing director (MD)/ WTD’s tenure shall not exceed five years at a time, with a minimum of three years at the time of first appointment, and shall be eligible for re-appointment. The RBI further stated that the MD or WTD position cannot be held by the same person for more than 15 years.
7. The government has raised the retirement age of the chairman of the LIC to 62 years.
- By amending the Life Insurance Corporation of India (Staff) Regulations, 1960, the government has raised the retirement age of IPO-bound LIC Chairman to 62 years.
- According to a government notification dated June 30, 2021, the amendments to the rules will be known as the Life Insurance Corporation of India (Staff) Amendment Rules, 2021.
8. In Odisha, NABARD has sanctioned Rs 388 crore for drinking water and road projects.
- Under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF), NABARD has approved Rs 388 crore for Odisha to put up four large piped drinking water delivery projects.
- According to an official release, the money will also be utilised to build or upgrade 20 village roads throughout 15 districts in the state.
Business & Economy News
9. Sun Pharma has launched a new programme called ‘Sunkalp’ to help doctors.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries created the ‘Sunkalp’ project to help doctors, their families, and the society.
- These measures will be phased in over time. Mental health support for doctors and their families, professional webinars on mental health for doctors, COVID-19 drug donations (Phase 2), post-doctor education support (Phase 2), and COVID-19 are among them. He went on to say that he resides in (Phase 2).
10. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat resigns, and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Pushkar Singh Dhami was sworn in as the state’s eleventh chief minister, a day after being elected as the BJP’s legislature party’s leader in the hill state, paving the way for his elevation to the state’s top post.
- Dhami, a member from the Khatima assembly constituency, is Uttarakhand’s youngest chief minister, at 45 years old. Uttarakhand was formed from Uttar Pradesh in November 2000.
11. Jim Whitehurst, the president of IBM, has resigned.
- Jim Whitehurst, the president of IBM, has announced his resignation. According to news source Bloomberg, Whitehurst’s resignation is one of several management changes announced by IBM.
- Following the 53-year-departure, old’s shares of the technical behemoth fell 4.8 percent to $139.83, the lowest level in five months, according to Bloomberg.
12. The WAKO India Kickboxing Federation has received official recognition from the Indian government.
- In order to promote and grow the sport in India, the Sports Ministry has decided to recognise the WAKO India Kickboxing Federation as a National Sports Federation (NSF).
- The World Association of Kickboxing Organizations (WAKO), the world governing organisation for kickboxing, is associated with the WAKO India Kickboxing Federation.
13. Germany Toni Kroos, a German midfielder, has announced his retirement from international football.
- Toni Kroos, the 31-year-old German midfielder, has declared his retirement from international football following his team’s elimination from the European Championship.
- The 2014 World Cup winner has 106 caps for his country, scoring 17 goals and assisting on 19 occasions.
Awards & Honours News
14. The ‘Education for All’ programme at Nashik Radio Station has won awards. Amid Epidemic Radio Vishwas, a community radio station based in Maharashtra’s Nashik region that has been giving free audio lectures to schoolchildren during the COVID-19 pandemic, has won two honours at the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting’s 8th National Community Radio Awards.
- For its programme ‘Education for All in the Times of COVID-19,’ the station won first place in the Sustainability Model Awards category and second place in the Thematic Awards category.
Books & Authors News
15. Dr. Gauri Shankar Sharma’s book “Janaksuta Sut Shaurya” written by Dr. Gauri Shankar Sharma “Gaurish” was published by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan at his residence.
- The subject of Uttar Ramayana has been conveyed in a lyrical fashion in a straightforward and easy method in the book.
16. Ashok Chakravarti’s “The Struggle Within: A Memoir of the Emergency”
- The book The Struggle Within: A Memoir of the Emergency, written by Ashok Chakravarti, was recently published. HarperCollins India was the publisher of the book.
- For the past forty years, Ashok Chakravarti has been offering policy assistance to countries, primarily in the African region. He is the author of books about the essential role of institutions in economic development that have been published in the United Kingdom and the United States.
17. Nathuram Godse’s biography will be published by Pan Macmillan India in 2022.
- A biography of Mahatma Gandhi’s infamous murderer, Nathuram Godse, places the man and his most defining act in the context of modern Indian history, society, and politics.
- Pan Macmillan India will publish “Nathuram Godse: The True Story of Gandhi’s Assassin” by Mumbai-based writer Dhaval Kulkarni in 2022.
18. Arvind Rathod, a Gujarati actor, has died.
- Arvind Rathod, a Gujarati actor, died in his Ahmedabad home due to age-related issues. He was 83 years old when he died.
- Rathod is well-known for his roles as villains in Gujarati films. He was also involved in the theatre community and had dabbled in Bollywood films. He appeared in films such as “Agneepath” and “Khuda Gawah,” among others.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com