In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 9th Dcember 2021 in detail.
1. The NITI Aayog has announced the formation of the e-Sawaari India e-bus Coalition.
- With assistance from the Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative, the National Institution of Transforming India (NITI) Aayog developed the ‘e-Sawaari India Electric Bus Coalition’ in collaboration with Convergence Energy Service Ltd (CESL) and World Resources Institute, India (WRI India) (TUMI).
- The initiative’s goal is to pool the knowledge of many stakeholders, including central and state government agencies, transit service providers, and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), in order to speed up the implementation of e-bus services in India.
2. The new German chancellor, Olaf Scholz, is sworn in.
- German parliamentarians have officially elected Social Democrat Olaf Scholz as the new chancellor, ending Angela Merkel’s 16-year reign as chancellor.
- He will lead a government made up of his Social Democrat Party, the pro-business Free Democrats, and the Greens, a never-before-tried coalition of parties at the federal level in Germany.
3. Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom have joined the United States in boycotting the Beijing Olympics.
- Canada will join the diplomatic boycott of the Beijing Winter Olympics by the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia due to human rights concerns.
- The announcement came after the White House, the Australian government, and the United Kingdom government announced diplomatic boycotts of the Winter Games in February in response to Chinese human rights violations. China has promised “strong countermeasures” in response.
4. The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women in 2021, according to Forbes: FM Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman, has been rated 37th on Forbes’ list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women 2021 or 18th Edition of Forbes’ list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women. Nykaa’s Falguni Nayar has been ranked 88th.
- For the third year in a row, she has been included on the list. In 2020, she was ranked 41st, while in 2019, she was ranked 34th.
Banking & Finance News
5. India’s GDP growth projection for FY22 has been reduced by Fitch Ratings to 8.4%.
- Fitch Ratings cut India’s economic growth prediction for the financial year 2021-22 (FY22) to 8.4 percent on December 8, 2021, and upped the growth projection for FY23 to 10.3 percent, compared to 8.7 percent (FY22) and 10% (FY23) in October 2021. (FY23).
- According to the December report, India’s GDP rose 11.4 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis in Q2 FY22 over the April-June quarter of FY22. The GDP shrank by 4% in the April-June quarter of FY22 compared to the fourth quarter of FY21.
6. SBI and the Kendriya Sainik Board have signed a Memorandum of Understanding.
- SBI will sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the Kendriya Sainik Board to support and educate the children of war veterans, ex-servicemen, and war widows.
- The country’s largest bank said that it will pay a $1,000 monthly award to 8,333 military veterans. The bank has made a ten-crore contribution to the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund. On December 7, the Armed Forces Flag Day is observed.
7. The ‘On-the-Go’ wearable keychain was launched by City Union Bank and NPCI.
- City Union Bank (CUB) has announced the launch of RuPay On-the-Go contactless wearable keychain for its debit card clients, in conjunction with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and its manufacturing partner Seshaasai.
- Customers will be able to tap and make safe cashless payments with this contactless wearable keychain as part of their regular lives.
Business & Economy News
8. Indiagold and Shivalik SFB have launched a loan against digital gold.
- Shivalik Small Finance Bank (SSFB) and fintech firm Indiagold have struck a collaboration agreement to launch India’s first Loan against Digital Gold.
- Customers will be able to use their digital gold balance to apply for quick and digital loans up to Rs. 60,000, as well as obtain gold loans with monthly interest rates as low as 1%.
9. PayPhi has launched a tokenization service for RuPay cards.
- PayPhi, Phi Commerce’s first API (application programming interface) digital payments platform, has been certified as the first tokenization solution for NTS, allowing RuPay card tokenization.
- Tokenization of cards as an alternative to retailers holding card data. PayPhi Tokenization uses NPCI’s NTS platform to supply TROF to partner merchants and aggregators.
10. Fitch Ratings has lowered India’s GDP growth forecast for FY22 to 8.4%.
- Fitch Ratings has lowered India’s economic growth forecast for the financial year 2021-22 (FY22) to 8.4%, while raising the growth outlook for FY23 to 10.3%, compared to 8.7% (FY22) and 10% (FY23) in October 2021. (FY23).
11. Sunil Arora has joined the team. IDEA’s international democracy body’s advisory board
- Sunil Arora, India’s former chief election commissioner (CEC), has joined the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance’s board of advisers (IDEA).
- Sunil Arora served as India’s 23rd Chief Election Commissioner. From December 2, 2018, to April 12, 2021, he served as president. IDEA is a Stockholm-based intergovernmental organisation.
12. Piramal Realty has named Farhan Akhtar as their brand ambassador.
- Piramal Realty, the Piramal Group’s real estate business, has signed actor Farhan Akhtar as a brand ambassador for its Mumbai and Thane residential projects.
- Cricketer Rahul Dravid was named as a brand ambassador for the company’s residential portfolio in September.
13. PV Sindhu, an Indian shuttler, earned Silver at the BWF World Tour Finals 2021.
- Pusarla V Sindhu, the world’s number seven shuttler and two-time Olympic medalist, won silver at the 2021 Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Tour Finals, formally known as the HSBC BWF World Tour Finals 2021.
- PV Sindhu, the defending world champion, won the BWF World Tour finals in 2018 and became the first Indian to do it.
Awards & Honours News
14. WTA Award 2021 Women’s Tennis Association’s World No.1 Ashleigh Barty earned the WTA Player of the Year award. Ashleigh Barty, a professional tennis player from Australia, has been named the WTA Player of the Year for 2021.
- She earned the honour for the second time; in 2019, she was named WTA Player of the Year.
Books & Authors News
15. ‘At Home In The Universe,’ Bala Krishna Madhur’s autobiography, was released.
- R.C. Sinha, IAS (Rtd), advisor to the Ministry of Road Development in Mumbai, Maharashtra, released Bala Krishna Madhur’s autobiography, “At Home In The Universe.”
- B K Madhur, a former Chief Executive Officer of DHFL Property Services Ltd and one of the founding members of Dewan Housing, has written an autobiography.
16. Eileen Ash, the world’s oldest Test cricketer, has died.
- Eileen Ash, the world’s oldest Test cricketer and a former English icon, died at the age of 91.
- The right-arm seamer made her national team debut against Australia in 1937, and during her seven-year career, she grabbed 10 wickets in seven matches.
17. International Anti-Corruption Day is celebrated on December 9th.
- Every year on December 9th, the International Anti-Corruption Day is commemorated to raise awareness about the necessity of eliminating corruption.
- Corruption has an impact on every aspect of our society, and combating it allows us to make progress toward our long-term development goals.
18. 9 December is the International Day of Remembrance and Dignity for Genocide Victims and the Prevention of Genocide.
- Every year on December 9, the International Day of Commemoration and Dignity for the Victims of Genocide and the Prevention of Genocide is observed.
- It is commemorated to raise awareness of genocide and the significance of the Genocide Convention of the United Nations in its prevention.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org