1. Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Retail has recently become which fastest-growing retail company in the world?
2. Expenditure department of the Ministry of Finance has recently released Rs 8923.8 crore to panchayats in how many states?
A. 8 states
B. 12 states
C. 17 states
D. 25 states
3. Which batch of women military police has recently been inducted into the Indian Army?
4. NASA’s Rover (Perseverance Rover) has recently recorded flight of Ingenuity helicopter from which planet?
A. Mercury Planet
5. Sadiq Khan, a 51-year-old British citizen of Pakistani origin, has recently been elected as the Mayor of London?
A. First time
B. Second time
C. Third time
D. Fourth time
6. Which state has recently announced a grant of Rs 10 lakh to the next of kin of laborers killed in the mine explosion?
D. Andhra Pradesh
7. Which of the following consecutive times has Banyan Munich held the title of Bundesliga, Germany’s football league?
A. 5th time
B. 7th time
C. 9th time
D. 12th time
8. What amount of finance contract has been signed between India and European Investment Bank for the Pune Metro Rail Project during the India-EU Leaders’ Meeting?
A. Euro 170 million
B. Euro 100 million
C. Euro 150 million
D. Euro 75 million
9. Which of these days is observed as the World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD)?
A. Second Saturday of May
B. Second Sunday of May
C. Second Monday of May
D. Second Friday of May
10. The 2021 Spanish Grand Prix was held on May 09, 2021. Who has won the game?
A. Valtteri Bottas
B. Max Verstappen
C. Lewis Hamilton
D. Charles Leclerc
11. Name the female player who has been felicitated with the “Sportswoman of the Year” at the 2021 Laureus World Sports Awards
A. Simona Halep
B. Anna Van Hooft
C. Ashleigh Barty
D. Naomi Osaka
12. Maharaj Krishan Kaushik and Ravinder Pal Singh, who has passed away recently, were both Indian players related to which sports?
13. Who has been sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Assam to replace Sarbananda Sonowal?
A. Prafulla Kumar Mahanta
B. Himanta Biswa Sarma
C. Atul Bora
D. Kailash Nath Sarma
14. Which player has clinched the 2021 Madrid Open women’s singles title?
A. Simona Halep
B. Mari Osaka
C. Ashleigh Barty
D. Aryna Sabalenka
15. The book titled “Elephant In The Womb” is a debut book by which Indian celebrity?
A. Shilpa Shetty
B. Kalki Koechlin
C. Twinkle Khanna
D. Anushka Sharma
16. RBI has excluded Lakshmi Vilas Bank from the Second Schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, following the merger of the Lakshmi Vilas Bank with________________
A. DBS Bank India Ltd
B. HSBC Bank
C. United Overseas Bank
17. Rajya Sabha MP Raghunath Mohapatra, who has passed away recently, was a __________ by profession
B. Agricultural Scientist
18. What is the theme of the 2021 World Migratory Bird Day?
A. Sing, Fly, Soar – Like a Bird!
B. Birds Connect Our World
C. Protect Birds: Be the Solution to Plastic Pollution!
D. Unifying Our Voices for Bird Conservation
19. Which player has been honored with the 2021 “Laureus Sportsman of the Year” Award?
A. Cristiano Ronaldo
B. Alexander Zverev
C. Lewis Hamilton
D. Rafael Nadal
20. Which state government has banned 11 brands of Pan Masala for one year in the state citing the presence of chemical which is harmful to the heart and can cause various diseases?
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. Tamil Nadu
According to Delroy’s recently released Global Retail Power Houses 2021 report, Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Retail has recently become the second-fastest-growing retail company in the world. Reliance Retail ranked 53rd globally. Whereas in this list, Walmart Inc. has been in the first place on the global level.
The Department of Expenditure of the Ministry of Finance has recently released an amount of Rs 8923.8 crore to the Panchayats in 25 states. This amount is for all three categories of Panchayati Raj Institutions – village, block, and district.
Recently the first batch of women military police has been inducted into the Indian Army during the Dronacharya Parade Ground by the Course of Military Police Center and School in Bengaluru. This woman military police batch consists of 83 women.
NASA’s Rover (Perseverance Rover) recently recorded the flight of the Ingenuity helicopter from Mars. In this recording, a picture of the winds blowing in the Jagero crater has also been revealed.
Sadiq Khan, a 51-year-old British citizen of Pakistani origin, has recently been elected Mayor of London for the second time. He was first elected in 2016. He became the first Muslim mayor of the UK capital. Sadiq Khan’s family came to London in 1970 from Pakistan. He was born in London.
The government has announced a grant of Rs 10 lakh to the families of the workers killed in the mine explosion in the Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh and Rs 5 lakh to the families of the injured. All these victims are laborers working in the mine and some workers are still trapped under the debris of the mine.
Baryn Munich has recently won the title for the 9th consecutive time and the 31st time on the title of Germany’s Football League Bundesliga. Munich has been continuously capturing the title since 2012. FC Nuremberg has named this title 8 times.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi participated in the India-EU Leaders’ Meeting, held in a hybrid format, on May 08, 2021. A finance contract of Euro 150 million was also signed for the Pune Metro Rail Project by the Indian Ministry of Finance and European Investment Bank
The World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD) is officially celebrated twice a year since it started in 2006. Firstly it is held on the Second Saturday of May and again on the Second Saturday of October. In 2021, the WMBBD falls on May 08, 2021, and October 09, 2021.
Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) won the 2021 Spanish Grand Prix, held on 09 May 2021. This win is the fifth successive Spanish Grand Prix title of Lewis Hamilton and the third win of this season.
World number two tennis player Naomi Osaka of Japan has been named “Sportswoman of the Year” at the 2021 Laureus World Sports Awards.
Two of the most revered hockey stars of India, Maharaj Krishan Kaushik, and Ravinder Pal Singh, have passed away, after battling Covid-19.
Himanta Biswa Sarma has been named as the new Chief Minister of Assam on May 08, 2021.He will replace incumbent Sarbananda Sonowal. Sarma will take the charge of the office with effect from May 10, 2021.
In tennis, the world number seven, Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus, defeated world number one Ashleigh Barty of Australia to win the 2021 Madrid Open women’s singles title on May 08, 2021.
Bollywood actress Kalki Koechlin is making her debut as an author, with her first book titled “Elephant In The Womb”.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has excluded Lakshmi Vilas Bank from the Second Schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 with effect from November 27, 2020. The move was taken after the crisis-ridden Lakshmi Vilas Bank was merged with DBS Bank India Ltd (DBIL) on 27 November 2020.
Eminent sculptor, architect, and Rajya Sabha member Raghunath Mohapatra has passed away while undergoing treatment for COVID-19. He was 78.
The theme for 2021 WMBD is “Sing, Fly, Soar – Like a Bird!”
World number two Rafael Nadal of Spain won the 2021 “Laureus Sportsman of the Year” title. This is the second title for Nadal, who also claimed the prestigious award in 2011.
The Jharkhand government has banned 11 brands of Pan Masala for one year in the state citing the presence of chemical which is harmful to the heart and can cause various diseases.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com