IBPS :The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) .It is a government body that conducts exams for
- Public sector banks like SBI, RBI, NABARD, and various cooperative banks.
- LIC and other Insurance companies.
- Regional rural banks(RRBs).
- Many public sector undertakings(PSU) Various government departments in India.
These vacancies announcement is done time to time depending on the available vacancies in Participating banks. In place of individual exam by bank, a common exam is conducted, so why this system of examination is called Common Written Examination (CWE). Exams for different cadres
CWE PO/MT: for the position of Probationary Officer or Management Trainee.
CWE Clerk: for Clerical positions. Specialist Officer: for specialist officer positions. RRB officer: for the selection of officers & office assistants to Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) governed by NABARD.
Participating Banks for IBPS PO Common Written Examination (CWE)
The participating in Common Written Examination (CWE) are Allahabad bank, Andhra Bank, Dena Bank, UCO Bank, Vijaya Bank, Indian Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, Corporation Bank, Punjab National Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, IDBI Bank, Indian Overseas Bank & Oriental Bank of Commerce.
About CWE for Specialist Officers
This exam is for recruitment to posts like
- IT Officer (Scale – I).
- Agricultural Field Officers.
- Law Officer(Scale – I)
- HR/Personnel Officer(Scale – I)
- Marketing Officer(Scale – I)
- … etc, please refer the advertisement on the official website of IBPS.
These recruitments are meant for various banks like – Allahabad Bank, Central Bank of India,Andhra Bank, Corporation Bank,Bank of Baroda, Dena Bank,Bank of India, ECGC,Bank of Maharashtra, Indian Bank,CanaraBank,Oriental Bank of Commerce, United Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, VijayaBankDena Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank,UCOBankIndian Overseas Bank, Union Bank of India, etc.,
IBPS SO Work Profile for Officers in All Departments
- IBPS SO I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
- Data Maintenance & Support
- Developing and Modifying Software
- Queries related to ATM, Mobile Banking and Internet Banking.
- Maintenance of Computer System in Bank.
- Take care of Network Security, Processing and Anti Virus Update.
- Support the Bank’s core banking system.
- Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)
- Understand the core financial and banking needs of people in rural area.
- Give detailed information in simple language about various banking schemes to the people in that region.
- Make them aware of latest government schemes and benefits plans.
- RajbhashaAdhikari (Scale-I)
- Whether internal or outbound, the RajbhashaAdhikari will have to proofread and translate all the important documents that are used or circulated in the bank.
- Training Bank personnel in the language that is used to communicate in that region.
- Make sure that all the important documents are available both in Hindi and English Language.
- Law Officer (Scale-I)
- Handle all the legal affairs of the Bank.
- Prepare legal documents for various processes and provide assistance in the legal issues of the Bank.
- Monitoring the errors and keeping the authenticity of the Bank Documents.
- HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)
- To keep a check on Human Resource activities.
- Study different HR policies of the Bank and suggest changes, if needed.
- Involve in the recruitment process.
- Handle cases of misconduct and wrong-doing and consult with the superiors.
- Marketing Officer (Scale-I)
- Promote his Bank, bring new business deals and customers.
- Suggest cost-effective policies to increase Bank’s profit.
- Handle various Marketing Channels like Newspaper, Advertisements, Banners and Promotional Events, etc.
IBPS SO Exam Pattern
The Examination will be conducted in Three Stages
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
Prelims Exam Pattern
Law Officer &RajbhashaAdhikari Scale I
|Name of Test||No. of Qs||Maximum
Online (Objective Type) Exam for IT Officer Scale I, Agricultural Field Officer, HR/ Personnel Officer & Marketing Officer Scale I
|Name of Test||NO.s of
For the Post of Law Officer, IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer
For the Post of RajbhashaAdhikari
- There will be 0.25 penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests.
- You will have to appear for Prelims first.
- You will then be selected for the Mains exam on the basis of your performance in the Prelims.
- The Mains exam will consist of questions only from the Professional Knowledge subject.
- The Marks that you obtain in the Prelims exams will not be included in the final merit list.
- The Marks that you obtain in the Mains will only be considered for shortlisting for Interview.
Upon clearing the written test, you become eligible for the interview. The interview is conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the nodal banks with the help of IBPS. The interview is of 100 marks.
The minimum qualifying marks in an interview should not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
Final Selection Process
The final merit list is prepared on the basis of total scores obtained in written test + Interview. The weightage of Online test and interview will is 80:20. For being selected as a Specialist Officer in the public sector bank you have to qualify in both exam – Written online exam as well as Interview and must score high in the merit list.
Syllabus for IBPS SO
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus For English Language | Important Topics For English Language Section
|IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus For English Language Section||1. Reading Comprehension|
|2. Phrase Replacement|
|3. Error Spotting|
|4. Cloze Test|
|5. Para Jumbles|
|6. Fill in the Blanks|
|7. Antonyms and Synonyms|
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus For Reasoning | Important Topics For Reasoning Section
|IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus For Reasoning Section||1. Syllogism|
|2. Linear and Circular Seating Arrangements|
|3. Direction and Distance|
|4. Blood Relations|
|6. Coding and Decoding|
|8. Data Sufficiency|
|9. Order and Ranking|
|11. Statement and Conclusion|
|12. Statement and Assumption|
|13. Statement and Arguments|
|14. Cause and Effect|
|15. Course of Action|
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus For General Awareness | Important Topics For General Awareness Section
|IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus For General Awareness Section||1. History|
|7. Science and Technology|
|8. Indian Constitution|
|10. Books and Authors|
|11. Countries and Currencies/Capitals|
|12. Important National and International Events|
|13. Railway and Union Budget|
|14. Government Policies|
|16. Economic Surveys|
|17. History of Banking|
|18. Banking Terminologies|
|19. Indian Financial and Banking Institutes and their Roles|
|20. RBI Guidelines|
|21. Banking Abbreviations|
|22. Current Bank Rates|
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus For Quantitative Aptitude | Important Topics For Quantitative Aptitude Section
|IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus For Quantitative Aptitude Section||1. Number Series|
|2. Number Systems|
|4. Profit and Loss|
|7. Simple and Compound Interests|
|8. Ratio and Proportion|
|9. Quadratic Equation|
|11. Boats and Streams|
|12. Time, Speed, and Distance|
|13. Time and Work|
|14. Mixtures and Alligations|
|16. Permutation and Combination|
|17. Data Analysis and Interpretation|
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For IBPS SO RajbhashaAdhikari Post
|IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For IBPS SO RajbhashaAdhikari Post||1. Passages|
|2. Fill in the Blanks|
|3. Translation (English to Hindi and Hindi to English)|
|4. Cloze Test|
|5. Antonyms and Synonyms|
|6. Hindi Grammar|
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For IBPS SO IT Officer Post
|IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For IBPS SO IT Officer Post||1. Basic Programming Skills – C Programming|
|2. Software Engineering|
|3. Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, etc.)|
|4. Basic Network Security Concepts|
|5. Windows Operating System|
|6. Computer Hardware Basics (Microprocessor, ALU, Storages and Memory)|
|7. Web Technologies|
|8. Data Communication and Networking|
|9. Database Systems|
|10. Server Technology|
|11. Data Structure|
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For IBPS SO Law Officer Post
|IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For IBPS SO Law Officer Post||1. Indian Constitution|
|2. RBI – Objectives, Roles and Responsibilities|
|3. RBI Regulations|
|4. Laws, Acts, and Policies Related to Banking Sector|
|5. Foreign Exchange|
|6. Offenses and Penalties|
|7. Banking and Financial Documents, Contracts, etc.|
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For IBPS SO HR/Personnel Officer Post
|IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For IBPS SO HR/Personnel Officer Post||1. Human Resource Management (HRM)|
|2. Human Resource Development (HRD)|
|3. Organizational Behavior|
|4. Job Evaluation, Design, Analysis and Interviews|
|5. Training and Development, Motivation|
|6. Performance Appraisal, Promotion, Transfer, Demotion, Compensation, Incentives, Rewards and Recognition|
|7. Wage/Salary Administration|
|8. Discipline and Grievance Procedures|
|9. Industrial Relations|
|10. Labour Legislations|
|11. Trade Union Act|
|12. Information Technology Concepts and Issues|
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For Marketing Officer Post
|IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For IBPS SO Marketing Officer Post||1. Marketing Overview|
|2. Marketing Management|
|3. Marketing Process and Planning|
|4. Marketing Research|
|5. Marketing Segmentation|
|6. Consumer Behavior|
|7. Product Planning|
|8. Product Development|
|9. Sales Promotion|
|10. Branding, Labelling, Packaging, Pricing|
|11. Bank Marketing|
|12. Rural Marketing|
|14. International Marketing|
|15. Sales Management|
|17. Business Ethics and Social Responsibilities|
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For Agricultural Officer Post
|IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus (Mains) For IBPS SO Agricultura Post||1. Current Affairs on Agriculture Sector|
|2. Agriculture Economics|
|3. Seed Technology|
|4. Agricultural Practices|
|5. Soil Resources|
|6. Animal Husbandry|
|7. Rural Welfare Activities|
|8. Government Policies and Schemes For Agricultural Development|
|9. Woman and Child Development Schemes|
|10. Herbicides and Pesticides|
|11. Crop Diseases|
To know the details about IBPS SO exam please visit official website of IBPS