About IBPS RRB
Applicantsaiming for jobs in banking sector have a great opportunity in Regional Rural Bank through IBPS RRB exam. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) announces various posts for IBPS RRB (Regional Rural Bank) officer recruitment Group ‘A’ Officers (Scale-I, II, III).
Eligibility criteria defined by the examination committee for IBPS RRB Bank Exam on which the selection of candidates for IBPS RRB Recruitment will take place.
Officer Scale- I: Candidate must have Graduation degree from the recognized College/University of India. Applicants should have the good computer operating knowledge.
Officer Scale II: Candidate must have Graduation degree in any discipline with min.50% Marks, minimum two Year of bank Job Experience.
Officer Scale III: Graduation degree in any discipline with min.50% Marks, minimum five Year of Bank Job or financial Intuition Experience.
Office Assistant: Graduation degree in any discipline from the recognized College/University of India.
IBPS RRB Job Profile
Job Profile of IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I
- After selection as Scale I Officer in Regional rural banks (RRBs), candidates need to undergo a training period, i.e. Probation period. On completion of this period, candidates are placed as Assistant Manager in the respective bank.
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale I need to perform several tasks of the branch. This ranges from day-to-day retail banking operations, loan disbursement, monitoring credit portfolio, NPA recovery, audit report preparation etc.
- At times, candidates may also need to manage single window operations.
- He/ She may also have to check cash receipts, cash payments/ verification etc.
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale I need to focus mainly on the agricultural and allied fields, for the betterment of the rural economy.
- He/ She needs to keep a check on regular loan repayment so that the agriculture loans of their branch don’t turn into NPA.
- The candidates need to be very careful while performing these tasks, in order to avoid any irregularity or frauds.
Job Profile of IBPS RRB Office Assistant
- The hierarchy of lower level management starts with RRB Office Assistant post. This is mostly a desk job.
- Office Assistants in IBPS RRBs have to take up various tasks like opening account, cash transactions, passbook printing, fund/ balance transfers, payment withdrawals, handle cash counters etc.
- Office Assistant is usually the first point of contact in banks and thus the candidates are usually involved in a lot of customer interaction.
- One of the major tasks of RRB Office Assistants is to cater the requirement of rural masses. This involves listening to the financial queries faced by farmers, who are usually the customers of these banks and provide them with proper solutions for the same.
IBPS RRBExam Pattern
The exam pattern for the selection to the post of Office Assistant is quite different to that of exam pattern for the selection to the post of Officer Grade.
IBPS RRB Assistant Exam Pattern
For IBPS RRB Assistant, Exam will be conducted in two phases:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
No interview process will be conducted for selecting candidates to the post of Office Assistant. Selection will be made purely on the marks obtained by candidate in his/her Mains Examination.
IBPS Assistant Preliminary Exam Pattern
|1.||Reasoning||40||40||A cumulative time of 45 mins|
IBPS Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
|1||Reasoning Paper||40||50||A cumulative time of 2 hours is provided|
|2||General Awareness Paper||40||40|
|3||Numerical Ability Paper||40||50|
|4||English/Hindi Language Paper||40||40|
IBPS RRB Officer Exam Pattern
For IBPS RRB Officer, exam will be conducted in three phases:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Interview Process
The final selection will be made on the cumulative score obtained by candidate in both Mains Exam and Interview Process.
IBPS RRB Officer Grade Preliminary Examination
|2.||Numerical Ability||40||40||time of 45 mins|
IBPS RRB Mains Exam (Officer Scale-I)
|2||General Awareness||40||40||time of|
|3||Numerical Ability||40||50||2 hours is|
A common exam (single exam) will be conducted for IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II & III this year to select candidates on the basis of their professional knowledge.
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for IBPS RRB Exam, a candidate is required to fulfil the given eligibility criteria:
|Nationality||· a Citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or
· a subject of Bhutan or
· a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
· a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
|Age Limit||For Office Assistant (Multipurpose) – Between 18 years and 28 years
For Officer Scale- I (Assistant Manager)– Above 18 years – Below 30 years
For Officer Scale- II (Manager)– Above 21 years – Below 32 years
For Officer Scale- III (Senior Manager)– Above 21 years – Below 40 years
|Language Proficiency||Candidates applying for the posts of Office Assistant in any particular RRB are required to possess proficiency in the local language of the State/ UT in which the RRB is situated to be eligible for interview.|
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent
(a) Proficiency in local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s*
(b) Desirable: Working knowledge of Computer.
|Officer Scale-I (Assistant Manager)||i.Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent Preference will be given to the candidates having degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics or Accountancy;
ii. Proficiency in local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s*
iii. Desirable: working knowledge of Computer.
|Officer Scale-II General Banking Officer (Manager)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Preference will be given to the candidates having degree in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy.||Two years as an officer in a Bank or Financial Institution.|
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (Manager)||Information Technology Officer
Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University in Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Desirable:
Certificate in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP etc.
|One year (in the relevant field)|
Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of of India.
|One Year as a Chartered Accountant.|
Degree from a recognised University in Law or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
|Two years as an advocate or should have worked as Law Officer in Banks or Financial Institutions for a period of not less than two years|
Chartered Accountant or MBA in Finance from a recognized university/ institution
|One Year (in the relevant field)|
MBA in Marketing from a recognized university
|One Year (in the relevant field)|
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Dairy/ Animal Husbandry/ Forestry/ Veterinary Science/ Agricultural Engineering/ Pisciculture from a recognized university or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
|Two Years (in therelevant field)|
|Officer Scale-III (Senior Manager)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Preference will be given to the candidates having Degree/ Diploma in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Co-operation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy.||Minimum 5 years experience as an Officer in a Bank or Financial Institutions|
Category Wise Age Relaxation:
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Widows, Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
IBPS RRB Syllabus
The syllabus for IBPS RRB is almost same for IBPS RRB Assistant and IBPS RRB Officer.Apart from the below mentioned sections, an additional section of professional knowledge section is asked for the Specialist Officer Grade-II.
Reasoning Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Odd man out||Analogy|
|Blood Relation||Alphabet Test|
|Ranking and Time||Causes and Effects|
|Direction Sense Test||Sitting Arrangements|
|Decision Making||Statement and Assumption|
|Figure Series||Assertion and Reason|
|Statement and Conclusion||Word Formation|
|Statement and Arguments||Statements and Action Courses|
|Figure Series Test||Miscellaneous Tests|
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Number System||HCF and LCM|
|Decimal Fraction||Profit and Loss|
|Simple Interest||Compound Interest|
|Time and Work||Time and Distance|
|Ratio and Proportion||Averages|
|Case Studies||Charts and Graphs|
|Permutation and Combination||Probability|
English Language Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Spotting Errors||Commonly Misspelled Words|
|Jumbled Words||Phrase Substitution|
|Fill in the Blanks||Jumbled up sentences|
|Idioms and Phrases||Cloze Tests|
|Comprehension||One word Substitution|
Hindi Language Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Vyakaran||Fill in the Blanks|
Computer Knowledge Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Computer Fundamentals||Computer Abbreviations|
|Software and Hardware Fundamentals||Shortcut Keys|
|Networking||Basic Knowledge of Internet|
|MS Office||History of Computers|
|History and Future of Computers||Virus, Hacking|
General Awareness Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Current Affairs||Social Function of Banks|
|Indian and International Economy||Marketing|
|Banking Terms||Awards and Honors|
|Books and Authors||Finance|
|Fiscal Monetary Policies||Agriculture|
|Repo and Reverse Repo Rate||History of Banking|
To know the details about IBPS RRB exam please visit official website of IBPS