Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) conducts examination on all India basis to select candidates for various posts like LIC Agents, LIC Officers, LIC AAO (Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) Assistant Administrative Officer)etc. in the prestigious insurance company. Having its headquarters in Mumbai, LIC is an Indian state owned insurance company with a great capital value. Generally graduates from any discipline are eligible for the several posts offered by LIC but for clerical cadre one needs to have a valid class 12th passing certificate.
LIC conducts this exam to recruit Assistant Administrative Officers (Generalists / Chartered Accountants / Company Secretary / Legal) across the nation.
LIC Job Profile
Development Officer or DO is the person who performs the following duties:
- Recruitment of LIC insurance agents.
- Provide them training and other sessions.
- Meeting with customers through proper channels.
- Handle queries related to their team members (insurance agents)
- Provide service to customers if agent fails to provide it
- Processing of new policies and solve premium, and other issues.
The Assistant Administrative Officer or the AAO are the people hired for the position of Chartered Accountants, Generalists, Company Secretary and Legal Advisors.The role of the AAO is to regulate new schemes, co-ordinating with other departments, to give general assistance to the particular branch, interact with clients to make a better profit to the company and manage the claims and adjusting the settlements between clients and employees, with a probation period of one year, extendable up to 2 years. A candidate is required to be of minimum 21 years of age and maximum of 30 years of age as and when applying for this exam. A minimum of Bachelor’s degree is required by candidates for applying to this post.
LIC AAO Exam Pattern
LIC selection process for the AAO exam consists of 3 stages, which are:
- Prelims Exam
- Personal Interview
- Medical Examination
The online examination will be of objective type, multiple choices of 120 minutes comprising of the following:
|Number of Questions
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs
|English Language with Special emphasis on Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension
- Negative Marks: One-fourth negative marking for each question wrongly marked!
- Sectional & Overall Cut Off: You must pass in each Section separately and should also obtain minimum marks in the aggregate to qualify for the Personal Interview.
- Interview: Upon qualifying the written test, you will be called for Personal Interview.
Your selection becomes final not by just clearing the Personal Interview but after Medical Examination.
LIC AAO Syllabus 2018
|Statement based Questions
Alpha Numeric Sequence
Odd One Out
Time and Work
Speed, Distance and Time
Simple Interest and Compound Interest
Profit and Loss
Mixture and Allegations
National and International Matters
Currency and Capital
Awards and Honors
General History, Geography
Biology and Applied Science
Input Output Devices
History of Computers
To know the details about LIC exam please visit official website of LIC