About SSC CHSL
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) exam every year for recruitment in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. Every year, a large number of eligible candidates give this examination with a sole dream to join Central Government body and avail all the perks imparted to them by the Government of India. Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) Exam for recruitment to various posts like:
- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO).
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC).
- Court Clerk.
SSC CHSL Job Profile
SSC CHSL LDC (Lower Division Clerk) Job Profile
- Lower Division Clerk is generally the first level of clerks in any Government Organization.
- They are required to take responsibility to maintain the data, files and documents of the office in a systematic manner.The registration of mails.
- The entry work of data on computer. They are supposed to do indexing, registering and maintaining file registers in an efficient manner.
- Typing official letters, notices, notifications and other official documents. They prepare simple drafts and statements.
- Fetching up theImportant data from the library of information and bring them for the seniors.
Assistant / Upper Division Clerk
SSC CHSL DEO (Data Entry Operator) Job Profile
- The Data Entry Operator is responsible for operating data entering, maintaining, and updating on a routine basis.
- The government organizations have a huge amount of client data. The DEO is responsible to safeguard them.
- The typing speed of DEO must be good.The working knowledge of office tools like word, excel, ppt etc.
- Insert customer and account data by inputting text based and numerical information from source documents within time limits
- Collecting all the important information, tables and structure of the company to prepare a proper database for the company. Etc.
Data Entry Operator Grade B
Data Entry Operator Grade C
Data Entry Operator Grade F (System Analyst)
SSC CHSL Postal / Sorting Assistants Job Profile
- This is clerical cadre job. The rank of Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant is same.
- Disposal of emails and maintaining the data.Customer support. Handling customer queries and providing them with a solution.
- Returning the mail to the sender in case of not being able to locate the address of the receiver.Intra-city transmission of mail between Mail Offices and Post Offices.
- Transmission of Foreign articles through the post office network.
Lower Selection Grade e.g. Supervisor
Higher Selection Grade II e.g. Senior Supervisor
Higher Selection Grade III e.g. Chief Supervisor
SSC CHSL Court Clerk Job Profile
- The aspirants get a chance to perform administrative duties in the criminal and civil justice systems, assisting other officers of the court as well as judges and lawyers.
- Maintaining the court records so that the records are easily accessible whenever required.
- Document the receipt of legal documents. Preparing meeting agendas.
- Preparation of draft agendas or by laws for town or city councils.
- Research and document Information for Judges.Sealing up the copies of the courts’ orders and judgments.etc.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) start conducting the Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) in three levels for various posts from 2016:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mod|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
SSC CHSL Tier-I Exam Pattern
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
The modifications to SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2018 are given below:
- SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- Tier III will remain same.
- No Sectional Cut off.
SSC CHSL 2018 Syllabus
SSC CHSL is conducted in three different levels, the syllabus of all the three levels is different.
SSC CHSL Tier-1 Syllabus
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
SSC CHSL Tier II Syllabus
As stated above, this paper calls for candidates to write an essay and Letter/Application that tests their writing skills of the candidates. The essay topics will be related to National Interest, Finance & Economy, Ecological Issues, Politics, Social Issues, Schemes & Governance, Sports, Technology, Geopolitics, Environmental Concerns etc. While, the type of letter/ application asked will be Application, Complaint, Suggestion, Official Appreciation, Follow up or Feedback etc.
SSC CHSL Tier III Syllabus
Tier-III of SSC CHSL 2017 will be a Skill/ Typing Test of qualifying nature. The final merit of the selected candidates will be based on the basis of total score obtained in Tier-I and Tier-II.
Skill test for the post of Data Entry Operator:
In this test, a candidate should have data entry speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour.
Duration of the Test is 15 minutes and English document having about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions is given to type.