About SSC CPO
SSC CPO (Central Police Organisations) is being conducted to recruit candidates to the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, Sub Inspector in CAPFs, Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF, Inspector posts and Sub Inspector Posts.
CPO Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification for SSC CPO:
- There are no special eligibility criteria required for SSC CPO recruitment exam. One just need Graduation degree in any discipline from an authorized University or any equivalent degree recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Sub Inspector in Delhi Police: Male candidates must have a valid Driving License (D/L) for LMV (Car & Motorcycle) as on the date fixed for PET (Physical Endurance and Standard Tests), otherwise, you will not be allowed to undergo PET. However, Driving License is not mandatory at the time of filing application form.
Age Limit for SSC CPO
- 20 years is the minimum age limit.
- 25 years is the maximum age limit as on given date.
Age Relaxation under SSC CPO
|Age-Relaxation permissible beyond the Upper age limit
Physical Standard Test (PST) required under SSC CPO
For Male Candidates:
|100 Meters Race
|1.6 Km Race
|3.65 Metres Long Jump
|1.2 Metres High Jump
|Shot put (16 Lbs)
|4.5 Metres, 3 Chances
For Female Candidates:
|100 Meters Race
|800 Metres Race
|2.7 Metres (9 Feet) Long Jump
|0.9 Metres (3 Feet) High Jump
SSC CPO Medical standard (For all posts)
Eyesight: Without wearing glasses, the minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes.
SSC CPO Job Profile
|SSC CPO Posts
|SSC CPO SI in Delhi Police
|Maintenance of law and order.
|SSC CPO SI in BSF
|Protection of the border between India & Pakistan.
|SSC CPO SI in CISF
|Provides security to various PSU’s and other important infrastructures.
|SSC CPO SI in CRPF
|Anti-riot & anti – Naxal force.
|SSC CPO SI in ITBPF
|Protection of the border bet. India & China (Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh)
|SSC CPO SI in SSB
|Protection of Indo – Nepal & Indo – Bhutan borders.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern
Questions asked in both the paper-1 and paper-2 of SSC CPO will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. Questions asked will be bilingual, i.e. in both Hindi and English. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer marked by a candidate on his/her OMR Answer Sheet. SSC CPO Exam will be conducted in three phase:
- PET, PST and Medical Test.
The final merit list will be tabulated on the basis of a candidate’s performance in all the three phases of SSC CPO Exam.
|Number of Questions
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
|General Knowledge and General Awareness
|English language & Comprehension
SSC CPO Syllabus
Paper-1: SSC CPO 2018 Paper-1 will have 4 major sections:
- General Reasoning
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
Let’s have a look at the detailed syllabus of all these 4 sections:
|Awards and Honours
|Ratio and Percentage
|Circular Seating Arrangement
|Books and Authors
|Linear Seating Arrangement
|Mensuration and Geometry
|Active and Passive Voice
|Problems of Ages
|Profit and Loss
|Fill in the Blanks
|Directions and Distances
|Ordering and Ranking
|Speed, Distance and Time
|Time and Work
|Coding and Decoding
Paper-II: English Language & Comprehension
Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on:
- Error recognition
- Filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc.)
- Sentence Structure
- Sentence Completion
- Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words
- Comprehension etc.