About SSC MTS
SSC MTS (SSC Multitasking Staff”) conducts the SSC Multitasking exam in two main stages: Common Test and descriptive paper. After clearing these two stages, the candidate will get selected for General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial posts in various Central Government Ministries/Departments/Offices, in different States/Union Territories. Last time, 70 lakhs (approx.) candidates registered for SSC MTS recruitment. However, only 19,96,411 lakhs candidates appeared in SSC MTS exam, in which total 10,674 candidates were shortlisted after the final result.
SSC MTS 2018 Exam is being organized by Staff Selection Commission or SSC to recruit candidates for various posts like the post of:
- Junior Gestetner Operator
- Mali etc.
SSC MTS 2018: Important Dates
|1||Online Registration Process||3rd Nov to 3rd Dec 2018|
|2||Admit Card||To be notified later|
|3||Commencement of exam||To be notified later|
SSC MTS Job Profile
It is essential for one to understand what sort of tasks he/she may have to undertake after selection in SSC Multi-Tasking Staff Exam. Take a quick look at the SSC MTS Job Profile:
- Physical maintenance of records of the section.
- General cleanliness & upkeep of the Section/Unit.
- Carrying of files & other papers within the building.
- Photocopying, sending of FAX etc.
- Other non-clerical work in the Sections/Unit.
- Assisting in routine office work like a diary, dispatch etc. including on computer.
- Watch & ward duties.
- Opening & closing of rooms.
- Cleaning of rooms.
- The dusting of furniture etc.
- Cleaning of the building, fixture etc.
- Work related to his ITI qualification (if it exists)
- Driving of vehicles (if in possession of the valid driving license)
- Upkeep of parks, lawns, potted plants etc.
· Any other work assigned by superior authority
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
The examination of SSC MTS will be conducted in 2 different levels: Paer-1 and Paper-2. Paper-1 is an online exam which is objective multiple choice question type. Paper-2 is a pen and paper mode of examination which includes a descriptive paper in English or any other language listed in the government policies.
SSC MTS Paper-1
|Reasoning||25||A cumulative Time of 90 minutes|
SSC MTS Paper-2 (Descriptive Exam)
|Subject||Max Marks||Total Time|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any Language included in 8th Schedule of the Constitution||50||30 Minutes|
Penalty for wrong answers:0.25 marks will be deducted every time a candidate marks a question wrong.
SSC MTS Syllabus
The syllabus for SSC MTS is different for both the stages of examination and it’s mandatory for students to know the entire syllabus in order to prepare effectively for SSC MTS .
Let’s have a look at the detailed SSC MTS Syllabus:
|Reading Comprehension||Classification||Simplification||Static GK|
|Fill in the Blanks||Analogy||Interest||Science|
|Spellings||Coding-Decoding||Average||Award and Honors|
|Phrases and Idioms||Matrix||Ratio and Proportion||Current Affairs|
|Synonyms and Antonyms||Word Formation||Problems on Ages||Dates, Portfolios|
|One Word Substitution||Venn Diagram||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Sentence Correction||Blood Relation||Percentage|
|Error Spotting||Missing Numbers||Profit and Loss|
|Non Verbal Reasoning||Mensuration|
|Verbal Reasoning||Time and Work|