CDS (Combined Defence Services)
CDS Coaching in Bhubaneswar
WHAT IS CDS?
CDS or Combined Defence Services exam is held to recruit candidates for the Army, Naval and Air forces. It is held twice in a year and conducted by Union Public Service Commission or UPSC all around the country. The CDS exam consist of English, General Knowledge and General knowledge for Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy and Naval Academy whereas it is English and General Knowledge for Officer’s Training Academy. If the candidate is successful in passing the exam, they will further be called by Services Selection Board for an interview process. From here, the candidates are tested physically and mentally to check their suitability for a career like Indian Army forces or Naval and Air forces. The students undergo series of test that includes physical and psychological tests to check if they are suitable as officer material.
WHY THERE IS NEED FOR COACHING?
Life of armed forces are full of adventures and responsibility, so the candidates who aspire to join these forces must undergo various tests and situation to check if they fit the criteria. A candidate must be physically strong, mentally stable, courage, team management, alertness, responsiveness etc that are required in Armed forces and students are judged on these basis. Some candidates prepare from self study and some take coaching. Although self -study helps somewhat but by enrolling in coaching, one can learn new things and know how to prepare for these exams. By taking coaching, you can solve your problems in less time and there is whole team of professionals present in your beck and call that will help you in any situation.
Eligibility Criteria For CDS Entrance
Candidates must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1st in 1962, with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or yhe East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
This provided that a candidate belongs to any of the categories (i) (ii), (iii), (iv) and
- Mentioned above and is a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India
Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before declaration of result by UPSC.
CDS Age Limit:
II. AGE LIMIT, SEX, AND MARITAL STATUS
- For Indian Military Academy (IMA): Unmarried male candidates between the age of 19 to 24 years only are eligible
- For Indian Naval Academy (INA): Unmarried Male candidates between the age of 19 to 24 years only are eligible
- For Air Force Academy (AFA) – Age:20 to 24 years (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 yrs.
- Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male candidates between the age of 19 to 25 years only are eligible.
- For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried, and issueless divorces (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.
Educational Qualifications for CDS :
- For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy:Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy: Bachelor of Engineering
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering
- Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificate on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB For CDS exam, applicants can be from any stream but for entry to Air Force and Navy, candidates should have studied physics and maths up to Class 12
Candidates who are studying in the final year of their degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to subject proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army Head Quarter/Rtd CDSE Entry, West Bloc III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066
Candidates appearing at the degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Such candidates will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualifying examination by a date to be specified in the Commission’s Notice for the Examination.
Selection Procedure :
Under CDS written examination, for admission to Military, Naval, and Air Force Academy, the candidates are evaluated in English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. Each paper is of 2 hours duration and carries 100 marks each. For admission to Officers Training Academy, the candidates are tested in a similar manner except that they are exempted from taking the Elementary Mathematics Test. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective-type questions only.
Candidates who will qualify the written examination as per the CDS Selection Procedure will be called for the SSB Tests.
SSB Interview :
Candidates who are declared successful in the written examination will be detailed for Intelligence and Personality Test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference by the respective service. Candidates will be put on to a two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Service Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage and all those who will fail to pass stage one will be returned
Over and above candidates for the Air Force, and all the SSB qualified candidates as per their willingness, eligibility and preference for Air Force, should separately qualify the PABT.
- All successful candidates need to go for a comprehensive medical test after the SSB process.
- Post medical examination a final merit list is declared by UPSC depending on the number of seats available for the particular session.
Cadets Academy provides both written and SSB coaching for CDS exam. Cadets Academy also provides separate SSB coaching for OTA and AFA entrance exams.
ABOUT CDS COACHING INSTITUTE
Bhubaneswar is the hub of coaching centres irrespective of courses. But for CDS exam preparation, Cadets Academy coaching institute is best and one of the oldest coaching institute all around Bhubaneswar. It is one of the famous coaching institutes in JayadevVihar and one of the most popular in field of CDS coaching. They aspire students to thrive and bring out what’s best for one. Our institute provides best curriculum and time management according to the student’s wish. The coaching can be long-term and short-term based on choice of student, but studying for full-time can help the candidate best and might increase the chance of selection high.
Our coaching institute have team of qualified professional and having years of experience in this field. By our systematic approach and series of back-up classes and also taking mock test is what makes our coaching best for the candidate. The lectures are neither too long nor too short, but according to the need of the student. Our professionals are always ready to help the student facing problems and bring out the best in them.
WHY WE ARE BEST?
- Best curriculum and systematic approach is what makes our coaching institute best while preparing for CDS exam.
- Recorded lectures, series of mock tests and 24 hr professional help is our motto so that student feel at ease and focus on studying more.
- Our coaching institute is one of the best and popular among students who prepare for CDS exam.
- Students are prepared by going through series if mock tests, and also our institute held Group discussions and practice interview sessions so that student can learn new thing every day.
- Our coaching institutes provides affordable studying packages so that no student can be left out due to lack of money.
- Always equipped with latest information regarding exam pattern and any changes made in exam syllabus and also aware students and help them in case of any problem.
- Our coaching institute is best as we believe that our student has those capabilities and believe in our coaching that they will thrive in difficult situation and pass with flying colors.