AIIB approves membership of Argentina, Madagascar, Tonga
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) headquarters in Beijing, China.
- Mr. Jin Liqun is the President of AIIB.
- The capital of China is Beijing and its Currency is Renminbi.
- The President of China is Xi Jinping.
- UN International Day of Yoga is celebrated on 21st of June.
All you need to know about Arun Jaitely’s four days visit to South Korea
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a new multilateral development bank founded to bring countries together to address the daunting infrastructure needs across Asia.
- AIIB headquarters in Beijing, China.
- Mr. Jin Liqun is the current President of AIIB.
- AIIB commenced its operation in January 2016 and has now grown to 80 approved members from around the world.
Government sets up GST facilitation cell in DIPP
- DIPP comes under the Government of India- Ministry Of Commerce & Industry.
- Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman is the Minister of State for Commerce and Industry (Independent Charge).
- The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion was established in 1995 and has been reconstituted in the year 2000.
Atal Pension Yojana (APY) can now be subscribed digitally
ii. This is the latest in the series of various initiatives taken by PFRDA for expansion of outreach of Atal Pension Yojana (APY), to give the additional push to cover the as yet unreached population with greater ease. PFRDA has conducted meetings with Banks and Dept of Post at Kolkata, Bengaluru & Mumbai respectively for the earliest roll out of the facility call.
- National Pension System (NPS) which is administered and regulated by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) created by an Act of Parliament.
- PFRDA is authorized by Ministry of Finance, Department of Financial Services.
- The Headquarter of PFRDA is in New Delhi.
RBI initiates Prompt Corrective Action against Bank of Maharashtra as NPA mounts
ii. This is the sixth bank to be placed under PCA by the RBI and of this five banks were placed under PCA in the last three months. RBI has initiated PCA on Central Bank of India, IDBI Bank, UCO Bank, Dena Bank and Indian Overseas Bank. The move will restrict the bank from announcing the dividend, opening branches, hiring and giving loans to companies rated below investment grade.
- The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935, in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- RBI was nationalized in 1949.
- R. P. Marathe is the Managing Director & CEO of Bank of Maharashtra.
- The Head Office of BoM is in Pune, Maharashtra.
- 01st April 2017 was the record date in India as the merger of State Bank of India took place (SBI) with five of its associate banks and Bhartiya Mahila Bank.
- State Bank of India has entered the league of ‘Top 50 Global Banks’ with a balance sheet size of Rs. 41 trillion.
- SBI was earlier placed at 54th rank globally but after the merging, it moved to the 44th position making it in the top 50 leading banks globally.
- The total customer base of the bank reaches 37 crores with a branch network of around 24,000 and nearly 59,000 ATMs across the country.
Connaught Place is ninth most expensive office market in world, Mumbai lags
- In 1994, CBRE was the first international real estate services firm to set up an office in India.
Govt ropes in Amitabh Bachchan to promote GST
- GST Council is Headed by Finance Minister of India Arun Jaitley.
DGCA suspends Air Carnival’s flying permit
- DGCA is the regulatory body governing the safety aspects of civil aviation in India.
- Pusapati Ashok Gajapathi Raju is the Union Minister for Civil Aviation.
Kidambi Srikanth lifts Indonesia Open
ii. For World No.22 Srikanth, it is his third Super Series title. He had earlier won the 2014 China Open and 2015 India Open.
- Jakarta is the capital of Indonesia.
- Joko Widodo is the President of Indonesia.
‘Harry Potter’ Actor Sam Beazley Dies At The Age Of 101
For more materials on English, click link below
For more materials on Aptitude, click link below
For more materials on Reasoning, click link below
For more materials on General Studies, click link below
For more materials on Computer, click link below
To enhance word power (vocabulary), click link below
For Daily Current Affairs, click link below