Important 25 February Current Affairs
In this article, we will discuss all the 25 February Current Affairs about national, international, banking, finance, sports, awards, and many others. So if you are interested to know about the latest 25 Feb current affairs then read this article till the end.
Current Affairs 25th February – National
1. Giriraj Singh has launched an Ombudsperson App for the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
- Giriraj Singh, the Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, has released an Ombudsperson App for the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
- The Ministry of Rural Development has developed an Ombudsperson App to facilitate the reporting and categorization of grievances by the Ombudsperson based on complaints received from various sources, including physical, digital, and mass media, regarding the Mahatma Gandhi NREG Scheme’s implementation in the States/UTs.
2. Minister of State for Culture releases Vande Bharatam’s characteristic music Meenakashi Lekhi, Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs, has launched a signature melody for ‘Vande Bharatam.’ Ricky Kej, a Grammy Award winner, and Bickram Ghosh, an Oscar nominee, created the song.
- It was created for the Ministry of Culture’s Vande Bharatam Nritya Utsav, which was held on Rajpath in New Delhi for the Republic Day celebration 2022. It was followed by a captivating live performance by Ricky Kej and Bikram Ghosh, the composers of the Vande Bharatam song.
3. India’s NIUA and the World Economic Forum will partner on a sustainable city building programme.
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) and the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) have signed an MoU to collaborate on a jointly planned “Sustainable Cities India programme.”
- The program’s goal is to provide communities with the tools they need to develop decarbonization solutions in the energy, transportation, and built environment sectors. This project is important since it comes after India’s Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced at COP26 his intention to go net-zero by 2070 as a climate mitigation measure.
Daily Current Affairs –Business & Economy News
4. In CY2022, Moody’s revised India’s GDP forecast to 9.5 percent.
- Moody’s has raised India’s economic growth forecast for the current year 2022 from 7% to 9.5 percent, citing a stronger-than-expected rebound from a shutdown in 2020 and the Delta wave of Covid-19 in 2021. It kept its 5.5 percent growth target for CY2023.
- Moody’s noted today in its update on Global Macro Outlook 2022-23 that sales tax collection, retail activity, and the Purchasing Managers Index all point to good momentum. High oil prices and supply disruptions, on the other hand, continue to be a drag on India’s economy.
5. Rakesh Sharma has been reappointed as MD & CEO of IDBI Bank. The board of directors of the Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI Bank) has accepted Rakesh Sharma’s reappointment as managing director and chief executive officer of the bank for a period of three years, beginning March 19, 2022. The banking regulator, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), has approved Sharma’s reappointment as the bank’s MD&CEO.
6. HUL has appointed Nitin Paranjpe as non-executive Chairman. Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) has announced the separation of the roles of Chairman of the Board and CEO and Managing Director.
- With effect from March 31, 2022, Nitin Paranjpe has been appointed as the company’s Non-Executive Chairman. He is currently the Chief Operating Officer of HUL’s parent business, Unilever. Sanjiv Mehta will remain the company’s Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director (CEO & MD).
7. The ropes of Dish TV Rishabh Pant serves as the company’s brand ambassador.
- Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant has been named as a brand ambassador for Dish TV India. For the next two years, Pant will be included in the brand’s 360-degree communication. The D2H brand will be strengthened as a result of this investment.
- The close affinity between D2H and Rishabh Pant as brand ambassadors will allow D2H to engage with its target audience more deeply.
8. France has delivered three additional Rafale fighter jets to India.
- Three more Rafale fighter jets arrived in India from France, each with modifications tailored to the Indian market. The three new Rafale jets bring the overall Rafale fleet with the Indian Air Force (IAF) to 35.
- The 36th and final aircraft, a training aircraft, will arrive in India from France in March-April 2022. In September 2016, India and France agreed to trade 36 Rafale fighter planes for Rs 59,000 crore.
9. US India receives the 12th P-8I maritime patrol aircraft from Boeing.
- Boeing’s P-8I anti-submarine warfare aircraft has been delivered to the Indian Navy for the 12th time. The deal for this aircraft is the fourth of four that were signed in 2016. In 2009, the Ministry of Defense secured a contract for eight P-8I planes. Later in 2016, it did, however, sign a contract for four more P-8I aircraft.
- The P-8I is a long-range maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft that is based on the US Navy’s P-8A Poseidon. India was Boeing’s first international purchaser for this plane.
10. President’s Colours are presented to four parachute battalions by Army Chief MM Naravane.
- At the Parachute Regiment Training Centre in Bengaluru, Chief of Army Staff General MM Naravane awarded Presidential Colors to four parachute battalions. The 11 Para (Special Forces), 21 Para (Special Forces), 23 Para, and 29 Para battalions are the four battalions.
- The award of President’s Colours, often known as the ‘Nishan,’ is one of the greatest honors awarded on a military unit in appreciation of outstanding service to the country throughout both war and peacetime.
11. The multilateral exercise Milan 2022, organized by the Indian Navy, has begun.
- The newest round of the Indian Navy’s multilateral exercise MILAN 2022 begins on February 25 in Visakhapatnam, the “City of Destiny.”
- MILAN 22 is being held in two phases over a nine-day period, with the harbor phase taking place from February 25 to February 28, and the sea phase taking place from March 1 to 4. In 2022, India will observe the 75th anniversary of its independence, and MILAN 22 will provide an opportunity to do so with our friends and partners.
12. To combat cyberattacks, IBM has opened a new Cybersecurity Hub in Bengaluru.
- IBM has opened a cybersecurity hub in Bengaluru to address the concerns of its clients in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. The multi-million dollar IBM Security Command Center will be housed at IBM’s Bengaluru, Karnataka headquarters. It is the region’s first facility of its kind.
- According to the IBM global analysis report for 2022, Asia is the most targeted region for cyberattacks, accounting for 26% of all attacks examined in 2021.
Books & Authors News (25 February Current Affairs)
13. Anirudh Suri’s new book, “The Great Tech Game: Shaping Geopolitics and the Destinies of Nations,” is titled “The Great Tech Game: Shaping Geopolitics and the Destinies of Nations.” HarperCollins India released the book. The author puts out a blueprint for any country to establish its own strategic plan in order to flourish in this technologically dominated period in this book.
- The author gives a cogent framework in this book that outlines the fundamental drivers that will decide a nation’s potential to flourish in this technologically dominated period. He gives out a road map for developing a country’s own strategic blueprint for success.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com