In this article, we will discuss all the important Current Affairs MCQ of 9 August with full explanations. Where we will discuss the daily current affairs quiz’s questions and answers. So read all the important 9 August MCQs carefully.
Current Affairs Quiz / 9 August MCQ Current Affairs
9 August Current Affairs MCQ – Questions
1. Who was elected deputy president of the International Chess Federation or World Chess Federation (FIDE)?
(a) Andrii Baryshpolets
(b) Raunak Singh
(c) Arkady Dvorkovich
(d) Viswanathan Anand
2. The 80th anniversary of the August Kranti Din or Quit India Movement on _________.
(a) 5th August
(b) 6th August
(c) 7th August
(d) 8th August
3. Who was honoured with the ‘dPal rNgam Duston’ award, the highest civilian honour of Ladakh?
(a) Sachin Tendulkar
(b) Narendra Modi
(c) Dalai Lama
(d) MS Dhoni
4. Who has won a gold medal in the women’s 53kg category final at the Commonwealth Games 2022?
(a) Sunayna Kuruvilla
(b) Vinesh Phogat
(c) Sakshi Malik
(d) Anshu Malik
5. Indian American from Virginia, ________ has crowned Miss India USA in 2022 in New Jersey.
(a) Aarya Walvekar
(b) Saumya Sharma
(c) Sanjana Chekuri
(d) Shibani Kashyap
6. In India which day is dedicated to being observed as the Javelin Throw Day every year?
(a) August 05
(b) August 06
(c) August 07
(d) August 08
7. India beat which country to win the 2022 SAFF U20 Championship title?
(c) Sri Lanka
8. The Uttar Pradesh government has appointed which organization as its consultant for achieving a USD 1 trillion state economy?
9. Who among the following has been roped in as the MD & CEO of Unity Small Finance Bank?
(a) Sandeep Ghosh
(b) Subhas Kutte
(c) Renu Basu
(d) Inderjit Camotra
10. Who has been elected as the new and 14th Vice-President of India in the election held in August 2022?
(a) Satya Pal Malik
(b) Suvendu Adhikari
(c) Jagdeep Dhankhar
(d) La. Ganesan
11. Who has become the first woman director general of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research?
(a) Vijaya Sharma
(b) Sonam Dixit
(c) Nallathamby Kalaiselvi
(d) Deepika Kumari
12. SEBI has formed a 15-member Advisory Committee of Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) to boost overseas flows into the country. Who is the head of this committee?
(a) Sanjeev Sanyal
(b) Arvind Subramanian
(c) T. V. Somanathan
(d) KV Subramanian
13. Chennai-based chess prodigy _______ became India’s 75th Grandmaster by winning a tournament in Romania.
(a) Praveen M Thipsay
(b) V Pranav
(c) Jha Sriram
(d) Dibyendu Barua
14. When is the National Handloom Day observed in India?
(a) August 03
(b) August 04
(c) August 05
(d) August 07
15. Which state has recently inked an MoU with Deloitte India to achieve the target of $1 trillion economy?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh
9 August MCQs – Answers
Indian chess legend, Viswanathan Anand was elected deputy president of the International Chess Federation or World Chess Federation (FIDE).
The 80th anniversary of the August Kranti Din or Quit India Movement, which is considered as one of the important milestones in the history of the freedom struggle of our country, is being observed on 8 August 2022.
Tibetan spiritual leader, Dalai Lama was honoured with the ‘dPal rNgam Duston’ award, the highest civilian honour of Ladakh.
Vinesh Phogat has won the gold medal in women’s 53kg. She beat Sri Lanka’s Chamodya Keshani Maduravlage Don in her final round-robin bout in the nordic system.
Indian American from Virginia, Aarya Walvekar has crowned Miss India USA in 2022 in New Jersey.
The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) will be celebrating the second ‘Javelin Throw Day’ on August 7, 2022. The day was first observed in 2021 in honour of Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra, who won India’s first Olympic gold medal in athletics in Tokyo.
India beat Bangladesh 5-2 after extra time to clinch the 2022 SAFF U20 Championship title, at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
The Uttar Pradesh government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Deloitte India, appointing it as a consultant for achieving the target of lifting the state’s economy to USD 1 trillion.
The Unity Small Finance Bank (SFB) Limited (Unity Bank) has appointed its interim CEO, Inderjit Camotra as the managing director and chief executive officer (MD & CEO) of the bank.
Jagdeep Dhankhar has been elected as the 14th Vice-President of India after he won the presidential polls to elect the next Vice-President.
Senior electrochemical scientist, Nallathamby Kalaiselvi has become the first woman director general of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has constituted a 15-member expert group of Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) to boost overseas flows into the country. The FPI Advisory Committee (FAC) will be chaired by former Chief Economic Adviser KV Subramanian.
The Chennai-based chess prodigy V Pranav became India’s 75th Grandmaster by winning a tournament in Romania.
In India, the National Handloom Day is observed annually on 7 August to honour the handloom weavers in the country and also highlight the contribution of the handloom industry to the socioeconomic development of the country and increase the income of the weavers.
The Uttar Pradesh government led by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has appointed Deloitte India as a consultant for achieving the target of bringing the state’s economy to the USD1 trillion mark.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday: 7 AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com