In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 11th January 2022 in detail.
1. In Assam, the National Health Mission established the ‘Niramay’ project.
- Assam’s National Health Mission (NHM) has launched a pilot project called “Niramay” in conjunction with Piramal Swasthya, a non-profit organisation, and Cisco to digitise public healthcare delivery in the state.
- Three local districts – Baksa, Barpeta, and Darrang – are covered by Project Niramay, which includes health and wellness centres, block primary health centres, and district hospitals.
2. Ekta Nagar railway station has been renamed Kevadia railway station.
- The Ministry of Railways has approved the renaming of the Kevadiya railway station in Gujarat’s Narmada district as Ekta Nagar.
- The Vadodara division has the Kevadiya railway station of the Statue of Unity. Ekta Nagar’s new station code is 08224620.
3. At Ghaziabad, KVIC unveiled India’s first mobile honey processing van.
- Vinai Kumar Saxena, Chairman of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), has unveiled India’s first Mobile Honey Processing Van in Village Sirora, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- It was created by KVIC at its Panjokehra Multi-disciplinary Training Centre. The unit will cost roughly Rs 15 lakh to develop.
4. Kochi was the first city in India to build a water metro system.
- After the launch of its first boat, ‘Muziris,’ among the 23 battery-powered electric boats being produced by Cochin Shipyard Limited, Kochi, Kerala has become India’s first city to establish a Water Metro Project.
- Kochi Water Metro Ltd operates a Rs 747-crore project, and this launch is part of it (KWML). Water Metros will be the name of the boats.
5. The Telangana government has launched the ‘Urban Forest Park’ mobile app, which is the first of its kind.
- Telangana’s Forest Department has released the first-of-its-kind smartphone app, ‘Urban Forest Parks,’ which provides tourists with all information regarding theme-based Urban Forest Parks and helps them plan their trips and journey.
- Allola Indrakaran Reddy, the state’s Forest Minister, launched it. PamTen Software Solutions Private Limited is the company behind it.
6. J&K signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Century Financial in Dubai to acquire a USD 100 million investment.
- The government of Jammu and Kashmir has struck an agreement with Dubai-based Century Financial to invest USD 100 million in the state.
- Manoj Sinha, the Lieutenant Governor of J&K, presided over the occasion. In J&K, Century Financial will invest in three hotels and one commercial/residential complex.
Banking & Finance News
7. In polls, the ECI upped the spending limit for candidates.
- Due to the rise in inflation, the Election Commission of India has doubled the existing election expenditure limit for candidates in Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies.
- All upcoming elections in the country will be subject to the new limits. The last major adjustment to the election spending cap occurred in 2014. In 2020, it will be increased by another 10%.
8. The amount of money deposited in Jan Dhan accounts has surpassed Rs 1.5 lakh crores, according to the Finance Ministry.
- The deposits in bank accounts opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) initiative have crossed the Rs 1.5 lakh crore barrier, according to the latest data from the finance ministry.
- As of December 31, 2021, the total balance in accounts under the Jan Dhan scheme was Rs 1,50,939.36 crore.
9. The Reserve Bank of India has established a separate internal department for fintech (financial technology) by subsuming the fintech division of DPSS (department of payment and settlement systems), Central Office (CO) to facilitate innovation and help identify, address challenges and opportunities in the fintech sector. It is headed by Ajay Kumar Choudhary.
- Ajay Kumar Choudhary, the department’s leader, was recently promoted to Executive Director of the Reserve Bank of India.
10. Director General of Punjab Police Viresh Kumar Bhawra was appointed.
- Viresh Kumar Bhawra, an IPS officer from the 1987 batch, has been named Director General of Punjab Police.
- He was the Punjab Home Guards’ DGP. Siddharth Chattopadhyaya, the officiating DGP, was replaced by him.
11. Gael Monfils won the Men’s Singles title and Ashleigh Barty won the Women’s Singles title at the 2022 Adelaide International 1.
- The Adelaide International 2022 was contested in two parts at The Memorial Drive Tennis Centre in Adelaide, Australia, from the 3rd to the 15th of January 2022.
- Adelaide, South Australia, and the State Government of South Australia were key sponsors of the tournament.
12. Set 1 of the Melbourne Summer Series Rafael Nadal won the Men’s Singles title in 2022, while Simona Halep won the Women’s Singles title.
- Rafael Nadal of Spain won the Men’s Singles final of the Melbourne Summer Set 2022 Set 1, ATP 250 in “Hard-Court” at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, defeating American Maxime Cressy 7-6, 6-3.
- The 2022 Melbourne Summer Set was a series of two simultaneous tennis tournaments held at Melbourne Park in Melbourne, Australia, and organised by Tennis Australia.
Awards & Honours News
13. At the 78th SKOCH Summit, the Forensic Science Laboratory was awarded the Silver SKOCH Award for Governance in 2021.
- The Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) Forensic Service, Delhi, has won the SKOCH Award 2021 (Silver) in the Governance category for its efforts to combat Child Crime and Violence.
- The award was given out at the 78th SKOCH Summit on January 6, 2022. The summit’s theme was “The State of Governance.”
14. The Golden Globe Awards for 2022 have been announced.
- The Golden Globe Awards event for 2022 has been announced to honour excellence in American and foreign film, as well as American television.
- The annual ceremony, now in its 79th year, honoured the best in American television and film in 2021, as determined by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
Books & Authors News
15. ‘Ratan N. Tata: The Authorized Biography,’ written by Thomas Matthew, is Ratan Tata’s biography.
- Dr. Thomas Matthew, a retired IAS officer and senior administrator, has written Ratan Tata’s approved biography, titled “Ratan N. Tata: The Authorized Biography.”
- Ratan Tata’s youth, college years, and early inspirations are all covered in the book.
16. National Human Trafficking Awareness Day is observed on January 11th.
- On January 11th, National Human Trafficking Awareness Day is commemorated to raise awareness about the ongoing issue of human trafficking.
- Despite the fact that the entire month of January has been designated as National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month, this day is dedicated to raising awareness and preventing the criminal practise.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org