In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 12th July 2021 in detail.
1. In Nagpur, Nitin Gadkari inaugurates the country’s first liquefied natural gas plant.
- Nitin Gadkari, Union Transport Minister, opened the country’s first private LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) plant in Nagpur.
- Baidyanath Ayurvedic Group has built the country’s first LNG factory on Kamptee Road, close the Nagpur-Jabalpur Highway. Mr. Gadkari further stated that the Central Government is supporting ethanol, electricity, compressed natural gas, and LNG gas as alternatives to traditional fuels.
2. On July 12th, the CPWD department of the Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry honours its 167th year of service to the nation.
- On July 12th, the Central Public Works Department (CPWD), which is part of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, will mark the 167th year of its illustrious service to the country.
- The dignitaries will unveil four technical publications during the inaugural function: CPWD Floral Tableaux: A Treasure Collection, ERP e-Modules, Nirman Bharati – CPWD’s in-house publication, and CPWD Telephone Directory-2021. During the event, a short film reflecting the CPWD’s activities and accomplishments will be screened.
3. By 2025, India will have twenty-four Integrated Check Posts on its land borders.
- By 2025, India will establish 24 Integrated Check Posts (ICPs) along its land borders, according to Aditya Mishra, Chairman, Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI), which might help the area and beyond integrate better.
- The ICPs are entrance and departure points on India’s land borders that house a variety of services such as customs, immigration, border security, and quarantine inside a single facilitation zone.
4. The Centre has allocated around 198 lakh tonnes of food grains under PMGKAY for the next five months.
- During this COVID pandemic, the Centre is conducting the largest-ever distribution of free food grains to people. Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana to help the poor who are suffering as a result of the Corona virus’s economic damage.
- According to the Consumer Affairs Ministry, the States and Union Territories have lifted a total of nearly 78 lakh tonnes of food grains under PMGKAY-3 for the months of May and June this year.
5. All BRICS countries have agreed to India’s proposal for a STI-led BRICS Innovation Cooperation Action Plan (2021-24).
- During the 12th Meeting of the BRICS Science and Technology Steering Committee, the BRICS countries agreed to the STI-led BRICS Innovation Cooperation Action Plan (2021-24) suggested by India.
- India has presented the concept, according to the Science and Technology Ministry, to allow the sharing of experiences from each other’s innovation ecosystems and the networking of innovators and entrepreneurs.
6. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has formed a high-level advisory group for COVID-19 vaccines.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has formed an advisory group with leading public health experts, vaccine regulators, and policymakers to provide expert technical and scientific advice on the quality, safety, and effectiveness of vaccines for the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic to its developing member countries (DMCs).
- The regional vaccine advisory group will assist ADB and its DMCs in better understanding regulatory oversight, risk management strategies, and pharma co-vigilance required to introduce and monitor vaccine rollouts in a safe and timely manner.
Banking & Finance News
7. For UPI-based transactions, Airtel Payments Bank has launched ‘Pay to Contacts.’
- Customers can now initiate a UPI payment by selecting the receiver’s cellphone number from their phonebook, according to Airtel Payments Bank’s launch of ‘Pay to contacts.’
- Regardless of the UPI app used by the receiver, ‘Pay to Contacts’ displays the valid UPI ID connected with the specified contact.
8. For home purchasers, Easiloan has launched India’s first home loan selection and suggestion engine.
- Easiloan Techno Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (www.easiloan.com), a new age fintech start-up, has introduced the “Easiloan Instant Match” application, the first Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology-based selection and recommendation engine for home purchasers in the housing finance business.
- Easiloan.com promises to eliminate inefficiencies in the home loan industry with this launch by employing technology to streamline loan processes for buyers, developers/sellers, and lenders.
9. The first transaction using the SOFR reference rate has been announced by Axis Bank.
- Axis Bank, a private lender, launched the first derivative transaction tied to the Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR).
- With this transaction, Axis Bank has reached a significant milestone in the LIBOR changeover process.
10. Federal Bank receives RBI approval to re-appoint Shyam Srinivasan as MD for another three years.
- Sector: private The RBI has given Federal Bank permission to re-appoint Shyam Srinivasan as its MD and CEO for another three years.
- On September 23, 2010, Srinivasan took over as the lender’s MD and CEO.
Business & Economy News
11. In 2020, the United States will be India’s fourth-largest crude oil exporter, according to a report.
- According to BP’s latest data, the United States became India’s fourth-largest crude oil supplier in 2020.
- According to BP’s Statistical Review of World Energy, the US provided 10.7 million tonnes of crude oil to India in 2020, trailing Iraq’s 47 million tonnes, Saudi Arabia’s 38 million tonnes, and the UAE’s 22 million tonnes.
12. India’s online commerce is expected to reach $188 billion by 2025, according to a survey.
- According to a survey by industry association FICCI, online commerce is expected to reach $188 billion by 2025, up from $64 billion in 2020, as covid drives the adoption of e-commerce.
- During the same time period, its contribution to the country’s GDP is expected to increase, reaching 3.8 percent of GDP by 2025.
13. After President Jovenel Moise was assassinated, Haiti’s senate, which now had only a third of its customary 30 senators, nominated Joseph Lambert to serve as interim president.
- The move deepens Haiti’s political dilemma, as the country’s constitution is unclear on who should take over the reins of power in such a case, and competing political forces are at odds.
14. Vinay Prakash has been named as Twitter India’s Resident Grievance Officer.
- Vinay Prakash has been selected as Twitter’s Resident Grievance Officer for India. In addition, the microblogging platform produced the India Transparency Report, which is mandated by India’s new IT legislation.
- Twitter is expected to submit a monthly report on how it handles complaints from Indian users, detailing the actions it takes in response to them, as well as the number of URLs it has taken down.
15. World Number One Ashleigh Barty and World Number One Novak Djokovic won their respective Wimbledon Singles titles.
- Novak Djokovic upset seventh-seeded Matteo Berrettini of Italy to win his sixth Wimbledon Tennis title, equaling his 20th Grand Slam victory. Last night, the 34-year-old Serbian won the Men’s singles final with a score of 6-7, 6-4, 6-4, 6-3 in three hours and 24 minutes.
- Neal Skupski of the United Kingdom and Desirae Krawczyk of the United States have won the Mixed Doubles title.
- In the final, the British-American combo defeated the British duo of Joe Salisbury and Harriet Dart 6-2, 7-6.
- Ashleigh Barty, the top seed from Australia, won the Women’s singles title after defeating Czech Republic’s Karolina Pliskova, the eighth seed.
16. After a shootout victory over England, Italy was declared Euro Cup 2020 champions.
- After a shootout victory over England, Italy was declared Euro Cup 2020 champions.
- Italy won their second European Championship championship after defeating England 3-2 on penalties after the Euro 2020 final ended 1-1 after extra time at Wembley.
17. Argentina wins the Copa America competition with a 1-0 victory over Brazil.
- Argentina wins the Copa America competition with a 1-0 victory over Brazil. Argentina won the Copa America final 1-0 against Brazil at Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, ending a 28-year wait for a major international prize.
- Argentina has now won 15 Copa Americas, tying Uruguay for the most. In the 22nd minute, Angel Di Maria scored the game’s only goal. Lionel Messi has won his first major trophy with Argentina’s senior team.
Books & Authors News
18. Anand Venkatanarayanan and Shivam Shankar Singh’s book “The Art Of Conjuring Alternate Realities: How Information Warfare Shapes Your World”
- Anand Venkatanarayanan and Shivam Shankar Singh co-authored the book “The Art Of Conjuring Alternate Realities: How Information Warfare Shapes Your World,” which was recently published.
- HarperCollins India was the publisher of the book. This book deconstructs those strategies and explains how the battle for our minds is being fought.
19. His Holiness is a saint. Mar Moran The Supreme Head of the Indian Orthodox Church, Baselios Marthoma Paulos II, has died.
- After a protracted illness, Baselios Marthoma Poulose II, the Supreme Head of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church (MOSC), died. He was 74 years old at the time.
- Baselios Marthoma Paulose II was the 91st primate on the Apostolic Throne of St Thomas when he was enthroned as the eighth Catholicos of the East and Malankara Metropolitan in November 2010.
20. On July 12th, 2021, the world will celebrate Malala Yousafzai’s birthday.
- The 12th of July is designated as World Malala Day in honour of Malala Yousafzai, a young Pakistani human rights campaigner. On July 12, 2013, the United Nations declared this day.
- In addition, today is the birthday of Malala Yousafzai, the youngest Nobel Laureate.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org