In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 14th Dcember 2021 in detail.
1. In Varanasi, Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the Kashi-Vishwanath Dham project.
- The first section of the Kashi Vishwanath Dham Corridor was opened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The project covers a total area of 5 lakh square feet and connects the temple grounds to the Ganga River.
- The project is being built at a cost of 339 crore with the goal of creating an easily accessible road connecting the temple to the Ganga’s banks. Phase 1 of the project will see the opening of 23 structures.
2. In Balrampur, Uttar Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Saryu Nahar National Project.
- On December 11, 2021, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi will open the 40-year-old Saryu Nahar National Project at Balrampur, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- The project’s total cost is more than Rs 9,800 crore, with more than Rs 4,600 crore set aside in the last four years.
3. The proposal to grant Mithila Makhana a GI Tag was accepted by the Geographical Indications Registry.
- The proposal to rename Bihar Makhana or fox nut Mithila Makhana and keep its Geographical Identification (GI) tag was accepted by the Geographical Indications Registry (GIR) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It also recommended changes to the trademark emblem to emphasise the product’s origins and protect its Geographical Indications (GI) rights.
4. Maharashtra topped the list of states with the most Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana recipients.
- Maharashtra ranks first among the states with the most beneficiaries under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY). Tamil Nadu and Gujarat come in second and third, respectively.
- ABRY was introduced by the government to encourage the creation of jobs in Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)-registered enterprises during COVID-19, which runs from October 1, 2020, to March 31, 2022.
5. The Delhi Police Department has launched an e-learning platform called “Unnati” to help school dropouts re-enter the workforce.
- At the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) Auditorium in New Delhi, Delhi, Rakesh Asthana, Delhi Police Commissioner, launched an e-learning platform called ‘Unnati’ as part of the Delhi Police’s flagship scheme, ‘YUVA.’
- The Delhi Police-South West District has launched Unnati, an e-learning and certification project to help educate adolescents and provide skill training to school dropouts from the poorer sectors of society.
6. Dubai became the world’s first paperless government.
- The Crown Prince of the United Arab Emirate (UAE), Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, said that Dubai had become the world’s first government to go paperless.
- Around 3 billion Dirham (USD 350 million) and 14 million man hours will be saved. Customers will be able to access all government services through digitization, which will save more than 336 million sheets of paper.
Banking & Finance News
7. For cross-border transactions, the RBI mandated the use of a 20-digit LEI.
- From October 1 next year, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will require the use of a Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) for cross-border capital or current account transactions of Rs 50 crore or more.
- The LEI is a 20-digit number that helps to improve the quality and accuracy of financial data systems by uniquely identifying parties to financial transactions around the world.
8. The ‘#Care4Hockey’ campaign was launched by Bajaj Allianz General Insurance.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, a large private general insurer in India, has started a campaign called “#Care4Hockey” to raise field hockey’s profile in the country.
- The company has partnered with Padma Shri (2020) Rani Rampal, the captain of the Indian Women’s Hockey Team, who will be the campaign’s face.
Awards & Honours News
9. At the ET BFSI Excellence Honors 2021, DBS Bank India took home two awards.
- At the ET BFSI Excellence Awards 2021, DBS Bank India earned two awards: one for the ‘DBS Rapid (Real-time API)’ solution in the ‘Innovative API/Open Banking model’ category, and another for ‘Intelligent Banking’ in the ‘Best Digital Customer Experience initiative’ category.
- The ET BFSI Excellence Awards, a project of The Economic Times, honours the greatest innovations and practises in the Banking, Financial Services, and Insurances (BFSI) business in a dynamic and competitive market.
10. TIME Magazine has selected Elon Musk the ‘Person of the Year’ for 2021.
- Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla, has been selected “Person of the Year” for 2021 by the famous TIME magazine.
- Musk is also the creator and CEO of SpaceX, as well as the CEO of Neuralink, a brain-chip startup, and The Boring Company, a construction company.
11. Dr. Ida S. Scudder Humanitarian Oration Award was given to Azim Premji for the tenth time.
- The 10th annual Dr Ida S. Scudder Humanitarian Oration, jointly organised by Christian Medical College Vellore (CMC) and the Vellore CMC Foundation in the United States, will be presented to Azim Premji, founder chairman of Wipro Limited and founder of the Azim Premji Foundation.
- Mr. Premji receives the award in honour of his contributions to society. The Foundation, which was founded in 2001, has made significant contributions to education. It operates Azim Premji University in Bengaluru and provides financial support to a number of non-profit organisations.
12. Flight-tested by the Indian Air Force and the Defence Research and Development Organization The indigenously designed and developed Helicopter fired (air-launched) Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) Missile was successfully flight-tested from the Pokhran range in Rajasthan by the Rajasthan Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- It should be emphasised that this is the first time a Russian Mi-35 helicopter gunship has undertaken an attack.
13. For the manufacture of Green Hydrogen, BPCL worked with BARC.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) and Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) have collaborated to scale up the Alkaline Electrolyze technology for Green Hydrogen production.
- This is a first-of-its-kind effort aimed at assisting India in meeting its renewable energy targets and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
14. China launches the “Shijian-6 05” space exploration satellites.
- The Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China successfully launched a new batch of satellites Shijian-6 05 into space for space exploration and new technological tests.
- A Long March-4B rocket launched the satellites, marking the 400th mission of the Long March series carrier rockets.
15. National Energy Conservation Day is celebrated on December 14th.
- National Energy Conservation Day is observed every year on December 14 by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) of the Union Ministry of Power.
- This day is observed to promote awareness about energy saving, which is the most effective strategy to ensure a greener and brighter future.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com