In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 14th June 2021 in detail.
1. The success of the Center’s Aspirational Districts Program has been praised by a UN agency.
- The UN Development Programme (UNDP) has praised the Centre’s Aspirational Districts Programme (ADP), calling it a “best practise” for other nations where regional gaps in development persist for a variety of reasons.
- UNDP India Resident Representative Shoko Noda presented the report, Aspirational Districts Programme: An Appraisal, to NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Rajiv Kumar and CEO Amitabh Kant.
2. Namaste Yoga App is a new app from the Ministry of Ayush.
- For the 7th International Day of Yoga, the Ministry of Ayush created a virtual app called “Namaste Yoga” on June 11, 2021. The programme was organised by the Ayush Ministry with the support of the Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY).
- The event’s theme for 2021 was “Be With Yoga, Be At Home.”
3. The United Nations General Assembly has adopted a political declaration pledging urgent, transformative action to end the global AIDS epidemic by 2030.
- In a long Political Declaration, world leaders promised to “urgent and revolutionary action” to remove gender inequities, restrictive legislation, and multiple forms of discrimination that perpetuate the worldwide AIDS epidemic by 2030.
- The statement, titled “Political Declaration on HIV and AIDS: Ending Inequalities and Putting the World on Track to End AIDS by 2030,” was approved by a recorded vote of 165 in favour to 4 against (Belarus, Nicaragua, Russian Federation, and Syria), with no abstentions.
4. In the Global Home Price Index, India drops 12 spots to 55th place.
- According to the newest data from global property consultancy Knight Frank, India dropped 12 places in the global home price index in Q1 2021 to 55th place from 43rd place the previous quarter.
- Turkey is still on top, with a 32% increase in prices from January to March 2021 compared to the same period in the previous calendar year.
Banking & Finance News
5. Customer COVID Relief Ghar Ghar Ration Program Launched by IDFC FIRST Bank
- IDFC FIRST Bank has announced the start of the “Ghar Ghar Ration” Program, an employee-funded programme for low-income clients whose livelihoods have been harmed by COVID-19.
- “Ghar Ghar Ration” is a one-of-a-kind program in which employees contributed from their personal salary to establish a Customer COVID Care Fund to help 50,000 low-income IDFC FIRST Bank customers affected by COVID. The Bank’s employees each gave one day’s salary, which amounted to one month’s compensation.
6. HFCs are included in the Reserve Bank’s risk-based internal audit framework.
- To improve the quality and efficacy of its internal audit system, the Reserve Bank expanded the risk-based internal audit (RBIA) system to a few home financing organizations.
- The RBI issued a circular in February this year mandating the RBIA framework by March 31, 2022, for certain non-banking financial organizations (NBFCs) and urban cooperative banks.
7. HDFC MF has started offering banking and financial services. NFO
- The HDFC Banking and Financial Services Fund, which intends to invest in the banking and financial services sector across segments and market capitalization, has announced a new fund offer.
- The NFO, which began on June 11 and ended on June 25, will be closed on June 25.
- The fund will invest in firms that are market leaders and are increasing market share as a result of better execution, size, and technology adoption.
Business & Economy News
8. India and Russia are tied for fourth place in terms of foreign exchange reserves.
- For the first time, India’s foreign exchange reserves surpassed $600 million. As of June 4, the country’s foreign exchange reserves were $605 billion, almost tying Russia as the world’s fourth-largest reserve holder.
- Russia’s foreign reserve was $605.2 billion, whereas India’s was $605.008 billion.
9. Justice Sikri is named chair of the Digital Publisher Content Grievances Council’s grievance redressal board by IAMAI.
- Former Supreme Court Justice (Retd.) Arjan Kumar Sikri has been appointed by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) to chair the grievance redressal board (GRB), which was established as part of the digital publisher content grievances council (DPCGC).
- The GRB will investigate any complaints against content on any of the DPCGC members’ video streaming services.
10. Henri Marie Dondra has been named Prime Minister of the Central African Republic.
- The Central African Republic’s (CAR) presidency announced the appointment of Henri Marie Dondra as Prime Minister.
- The former finance minister’s appointment occurred a day after former Prime Minister Firmin Ngrebada announced his and his government’s resignations following legislative elections.
11. Former Mongolian Prime Minister Ukhnaa Khurelsukh was elected President of Mongolia in 2021.
- Former Mongolian Prime Minister Ukhnaa Khurelsukh was elected President of Mongolia on June 9, 2021, and was sworn in as the 6th President.
- On July 10, 2021, Khurelsukh took the seat of Khaltmaagiin Battulga and gained command of the office.
12. Rebeca Grynspan, a Costa Rican economist, has been named Secretary-General of UNCTAD.
- Rebecca Grynspan, a Costa Rican economist, has been named Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). The United Nations General Assembly confirmed her nomination.
- Rebecca Grynspan will be appointed for a four-year term.
13. Novak Djokovic is the 2021 French Open Tennis Champion.
- Novak Djokovic won the French Open for the second time in his career, defeating Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-7(6-8), 2-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-4.
- With his 19th Grand Slam triumph, Djokovic has reduced the gap on Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for the most Grand Slam titles. Both players have won a total of 20 Grand Slams.
Awards & Honours News
14. Pulitzer Prize Winners for 2021: Check out the Pulitzer Prize Winners and Finalists for 2021.
- The Pulitzer Prize is the top US journalism prize, given out every year to recipients in the fields of newspaper, magazine, and online journalism, literary achievements, and musical composition excellence.
- The Pulitzer Prize is given in twenty-one categories, and the winner receives a monetary prize of USD 15,000 as well as a gold medal.
15. Padma Shri awardee Dr. Ashok Panagariya passed away as a result of post-Covid problems.
- Dr. Ashok Panagariya, a prominent neurologist and Padma Shri laureate, died of post-Covid complications. He was 71 years old at the time.
- Dr. Pangariya was the first Indian doctor to be awarded the title of Doctor of Medicine (DM) in Neurology. The famous Dr. BC Roy award was bestowed upon him by the Medical Council of India in 2002. In 2014, he received the Padma Shri award.
16. Today is World Blood Donor Day.
- Every year on June 14, World Blood Donor Day is commemorated.
- Every year, this day is observed to raise awareness about the importance of blood donation and to honor the contributions of unpaid blood donors in saving lives.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org