In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 18th Dcember 2021 in detail.
1. The Chief Minister of Jharkhand introduced the SAHAY scheme for maoist-infested districts.
- Hemant Soren, the Chief Minister of Jharkhand, has launched the Sports Action toward Harnessing Aspiration of Youth (SAHAY) scheme, which aims to develop youthful sporting talent in the state’s Maoist-affected regions.
- Left Wing Extremism (LWE) afflicted 19 of the state’s 24 districts, prompting the development of this scheme.
2. ISRO has signed six agreements for the launch of foreign satellites with four countries.
- In the period 2021-2023, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has inked six agreements with four countries for the launch of foreign satellites. The commercial launch of these foreign satellites would generate around 132 million Euros.
- The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) was established in 1969 with the goal of developing an independent Indian space programme. ISRO has launched 342 satellites from 34 countries since 1999, according to Minister of State for Atomic Energy and Space Dr Jitendra Singh.
3. According to YouGov, PM Modi will be the world’s eighth most admired man in 2021.
- In a survey conducted by data analytics firm YouGov, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was placed 8th among the world’s top 20 most admired men. Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, and Virat Kohli are all ahead of PM Modi. The list was developed with the help of 42,000 people from 38 different nations.
- Apart from PM Modi, the survey found that Sachin Tendulkar, Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, and Virat Kohli were the most admired Indian men in 2021.
Banking & Finance News
4. PNB and ICICI Bank have been fined by the RBI.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has been fined Rs 1.8 crore by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), while ICICI Bank has been fined Rs 30 lakh for regulatory compliance violations.
- PNB was found guilty of violating sections of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, pertaining to its commitment of shares, according to a statement released by the central bank. The RBI stated that after performing a statutory inspection for supervisory evaluation of ICICI Bank, it discovered non-compliance with instructions related to the levy of charges for non-maintenance of minimum balance in savings accounts.
Awards & Honours News
5. Kumar Mangalam Birla has been named the Global Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Kumar Mangalam Birla, chairman of the Aditya Birla Group, has been honoured by The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) in Silicon Valley with the Global Entrepreneur of the Year Award- Business Transformation.
- Along with top global business executives Satya Nadella, Elon Musk, and Jeff Bezos, Birla is the first Indian industrialist to receive the award for global entrepreneurship.
Books & Authors News
6. “Rewinding the first 25 years of MeitY!” by SS Oberoi is the title of a book.
- Ajay Prakash Sawhney, Secretary of MeitY, inaugurated the book “Rewinding of First 25 Years of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology,” written by S S Oberoi, a former adviser at the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- The book is made up of personal experiences as well as obstacles faced while working as a MeitY advisor. He was the first Director of the Software Development Agency, as well as the first Information Technology Advisor.
7. The date for International Migrants Day in 2021 is December 18th.
- Every year on December 18, the International Migrants Day is commemorated around the world. The United Nations, through the UN-affiliated International Organization for Migration, commemorates the day (IOM).
- The day is commemorated to honour the contributions of the world’s 272 million migrants, including more than 41 million internally displaced people, as well as the problems they encounter. Harnessing the possibilities of human mobility is the theme of International Migrants Day 2021.
8. 2021 is National Minorities Rights Day.
- Every year on December 18, India commemorates Minorities Rights Day to promote the right to freedom and equal opportunity for ethnic minorities in India, as well as to raise awareness about minorities’ respect and dignity.
- Since the British rule, India has encountered numerous challenges in the area of basic human rights. These rights, however, were protected after independence, and people must be made aware of them. As a result, every year on December 18th, we commemorate Minorities Rights Day.
9. The 18th of December is World Arabic Language Day.
- Every year on the 18th of December, the world celebrates World Arabic Language Day. One of the pillars of humanity’s cultural variety is the Arabic language. It is one of the most frequently spoken languages in the world, with over 400 million people speaking it on a daily basis.
- The goal of this day is to enhance awareness of the language’s history, culture, and growth by putting together a special schedule of activities and events.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com