In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 18th July 2021 in detail.
1. Teachers will be trained as School Innovation Ambassadors by Union Ministers Dharmendra Pradhan and Munda.
- The “School Innovation Ambassador Training Program” was launched by Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda for 50,000 school teachers. The one-of-a-kind teacher training programme intends to train 50,000 teachers in areas such as innovation, entrepreneurship, intellectual property rights, design thinking, product creation, and idea generating.
- The programme, which was launched by the Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), and the AICTE, will nurture lakhs of students with innovation skills, develop an innovation culture, and lay the groundwork for a new and vibrant India.
2. “Mathrukavacham,” a Covid immunisation campaign for pregnant women in Kerala, has begun
- In Kerala, a specific Covid immunisation campaign for pregnant women called “Mathrukavacham” began. As part of the model programme, vaccination will be accessible in all district hospitals. Covid vaccination will be provided to 100 pregnant women through spot registration in the beginning.
- The specific immunisation drive is a significant defence against the pandemic for pregnant women in the state.
3. Arjun Munda virtually kicks off the COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam campaign across the country.
- Arjun Munda, India’s Minister of Tribal Affairs, virtually inaugurated the “COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam” campaign to speed up COVID immunisation among tribals in India.
- The 45,000 Van Dhan Vikas Kendras (VDVK) of the Tribal Co-operative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED), a national cooperative entity under the administrative jurisdiction of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, would be used in the campaign.
4. Farmers in Rajasthan would receive a monthly grant of Rs 1,000 under the Kisan Mitra Urja Yojna.
- The ‘Kisan Mitra Urja Yojna,’ which was introduced by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot in the state, will provide farmers in Rajasthan with a monthly stipend of Rs 1,000.
- Electricity for agricultural uses will become nearly free for small and middle category farmers in the state under this scheme, which will cost an additional Rs 1,450 crore per year.
5. India’s Deep Ocean Mission intends to generate a blue economy worth more than Rs 100 billion, according to Jitendra Singh.
- Earth Sciences Minister Jitendra Singh stated that India intends for a Blue Economy of more than Rs 100 billion through its Deep Ocean Mission and marine resources. Addressing experts at the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), he emphasised the necessity of ocean exploration in boosting the country’s economy.
- According to him, the Deep Ocean Mission (DOM) might be a new way to augment the country’s economy to the tune of Rs 110 billion.
Banking & Finance News
6. After the RBI imposed restrictions on Mastercard, RBL Bank formed a partnership with Visa.
- RBL Bank has partnered with Visa Worldwide (Visa) to issue Visa payment network-enabled credit cards. Because Mastercard will not be able to onboard any new domestic clients (debit, credit, or prepaid) on its card network after July 22, the bank had to partner with Visa.
7. Customers can now use an AI-powered virtual assistant from Federal Bank.
- FEDDY, a virtual assistant powered by Artificial Intelligence, was launched by the Federal Bank to assist customers with banking-related questions at any time. FEDDY is also connected into Google Business Messaging, making it the first Indian bank to do so. FEDDY can be accessible through a Google search by selecting the ‘message/chat’ option next to the searched bank branch. FEDDY can be reached on WhatsApp by texting the word “FEDDY” to the number 8108030845.
- The bank has lately launched new and user-friendly services such as FedSelfie, which allows customers to open accounts by simply shooting a selfie, and Federal 247, which allows customers to open accounts by making a video chat to the bank.
Business & Economy News
8. CIL hires Accenture Solutions as a mining digitalization consultant.
- State-run For faster performance enhancement, CIL has hired Accenture Solutions as a consultant to digitalize mining processes in seven of its choice opencast blocks.
- The consultant would lead and support the implementation of digitisation and process excellence while ensuring a 100 million tonnes (MT) increase in coal output from the identified mines in a first-of-its-kind initiative.
9. Anshula Rao, a Madhya Pradesh all-rounder, has been banned for four years after failing a dope test.
- Anshula Rao of Madhya Pradesh made history, but for all the wrong reasons, when she became the first female cricketer to be banned for four years after failing a drug test. She is the first woman cricketer to flunk a dope test.
- The panel of the National Anti-Doping Agency imposed the ban on her (NADA).
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com