In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 18th November 2021 in detail.
1. The first ‘Grass Conservatory’ in India was opened in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand.
- On November 14, 2021, India’s first ‘Grass Conservatory’ opened in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand’s Almora district.
- The Uttarakhand Forest Department’s research wing erected the “Germplasm Conservation Centre” over a two-acre site in three years.
2. In Gurugram, Haryana, India’s first fisheries business incubator opened its doors.
- In Gurugram, Haryana, the first-of-its-kind specialised fisheries business incubator was opened to grow fisheries start-ups under real market-driven conditions.
- LINAC- NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre is the name of the incubator (LlFlC).
3. In Shimla, Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurates the 82nd All India Presiding Officers Conference (AIPOC).
- On November 17, 2021, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi used video conferencing to open the 82nd All India Presiding Officers Conference (AIPOC) in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- The AIPOC is India’s supreme body of legislatures.
4. Rajnath Singh, the Defence Minister, inaugurates the three-day ‘Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv’ at Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
- On November 17, 2021, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched the Rashtra Raksha Samparpan Parv in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Ministry of Defence is hosting the three-day event from November 17-19, 2021, as part of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahaotsav’ celebrations.
5. The World Bank and the Asian Development Bank have launched ‘WePOWER India’ to boost the number of women working in the energy sector.
- The WePOWER India Partnership Forum was held in a virtual format on November 9, 2021.
- The World Bank and Asian Development Bank (ADB) collaborated with the India Smart Grid Forum to host the event (ISGF).
6. Since 2015, the number of people who use tobacco has fallen worldwide, according to the World Health Organization.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the number of persons who use tobacco worldwide declined to 1.30 billion in 2020, down from 1.32 billion in 2015. By 2025, this number was predicted to drop to 1.27 billion.
- Several nations, however, were still not sufficiently implementing programmes to assist tobacco users in quitting, according to the WHO. According to WHO, almost 70% of the world’s 1.3 billion tobacco smokers lacked access to resources that may help them stop successfully.
7. India has dropped five places to number 82 in the global bribery risk rankings.
- In a global ranking of business bribery risks, India has dropped five places to 82nd place in 2021, down from 77th place last year.
- TRACE, an anti-bribery standard-setting organisation, has compiled a list that assesses the danger of business bribery in 194 nations, territories, and autonomous and semi-autonomous entities.
Banking & Finance News
8. For traders, IndusInd Bank has launched a one-stop mobile app.
- IndusInd Bank has launched ‘Indus Merchant Solutions,’ a comprehensive mobile application that allows merchants, retailers, and professionals to conduct digital banking transactions on a single platform.
- Merchants and shops will be able to do a variety of things with the new software, like accept quick cashless payments from customers via numerous digital modes, track inventory via in-built dashboards, and apply for an unique Point of Sale (PoS) machine to support card-based payments.
9. Jamshedpur FC is a joint venture between SBI and Tata Steel to promote Indian football.
- The country’s largest lender, State Bank of India (SBI), has formed a strategic collaboration with JFC, a football club owned by Tata Steel, in order to develop and promote Indian football.
- The bank entered into a historic agreement with the JFC, marking SBI’s first big foray into the sport.
10. RBI introduces internal ombudsman mechanism for select-NBFCs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced an Internal Ombudsman mechanism for select Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs).
- RBI directed that Deposit-taking NBFCs (NBFCs-D) with 10 or more branches and Non-Deposit taking NBFCs (NBFCs-ND) with asset size of Rs5,000cr and above having public customer interface to appoint Internal Ombudsman (IO) at the apex of their internal grievance redress mechanism within six months from the date of issue of the direction, except for the certain type of NBFCs.
Business & Economy News
11. TPCI signs an agreement with the Government of Navarra, Spain, to promote trade and investment.
- The Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) announced that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Navarra, Spain, to promote trade and investment between the two nations.
- The council will collaborate with the Navarra government to promote trade and investment while also boosting bilateral and economic ties.
12. In October, WPI inflation reached a five-month high of 12.54 percent.
- In October, wholesale price-based inflation reached a five-month high of 12.54 percent, owing primarily to increases in the prices of manufactured goods and crude petroleum.
- Since April, WPI inflation has remained in double digits for the eighth month in a row. Inflation was 10.66% in September this year, and it will be 1.31 percent in October 2020.
13. Sharp, Shombi In India, he has been assigned as the UN Resident Coordinator.
- With the permission of the host government, Shombi Sharp of the United States has been designated as the United Nations resident coordinator in India.
- Sharp has been appointed by United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
14. The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup will be hosted jointly by India and Bangladesh in 2031.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has determined that the 2031 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup will be hosted jointly by India and Bangladesh.
- A board sub-committee chaired by Martin Snedden, along with Sourvav Ganguly and Ricky Skerritt, oversaw a competitive bidding process that picked the hosts.
15. Sourav Ganguly, President of the BCCI, has been named Chairman of the ICC Men’s Cricket Committee.
- Sourav Ganguly, the President of the BCCI, was named Chairman of the ICC Men’s Cricket Committee at the ICC Board Meeting on November 16, 2021.
- Anil Kumble, who took over as captain in 2012, will be replaced by Ganguly.
16. Anurag Thakur, Union Sports Minister, bestows SAI Institutional Awards on 246 athletes and coaches.
- On November 17, 2021, in New Delhi, Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Anurag Thakur presented the first-ever SAI Institutional Awards to 246 athletes and coaches.
- In the Outstanding Award and Best Award categories, 162 athletes and 84 coaches were chosen from a total of 246 honorees.
17. Janette Brittin, Mahela Jayawardena, and Shaun Pollock will be inducted into the International Cricket Council (ICC) Cricket Hall of Fame in 2021.
- In 2021, England’s Janette Brittin, South Africa’s Shaun Pollock, and Sri Lanka’s Mahela Jayawardene will be inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame.
- A player must have played his final international match at least five years ago to be eligible for entry into the ICC Hall of Fame.
Books & Authors News
18. Debashish Mukerji’s book “The Disruptor: How Vishwanath Pratap Singh Shook India” will be released on December 8th.
- On December 8, 2021, a new book based on the life of India’s eighth Prime Minister, Vishwanath Pratap Singh, will be released.
- Debashish Mukerji has written a book named “The Disruptor: How Vishwanath Pratap Singh Shook India.”
19. On November 18, 2021, the Ministry of AYUSH will commemorate the fourth Naturopathy Day.
- Every year on November 18th, India celebrates National Naturopathy Day to promote healthy mental and physical health through the drugless method of therapy known as Naturopathy.
- On November 18, 2018, the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) of the Government of India declared the day.
20. The date for World Philosophy Day in 2021 is November 18th (Third Thursday of November)
- Every year on the third Thursday in November, World Philosophy Day is commemorated.
- The date for 2021 is November 18th.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org