In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 1st October 2021 in detail.
1. The government has begun the seventh edition of Swachh Survekshan (SS), with the theme of “People First.”
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has begun the seventh consecutive edition of Swachh Survekshan (SS), with the motto “People First.”
- The Swachh Survekshan is the world’s largest urban sanitation survey, undertaken by the Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U).
2. The 38th PRAGATI Meeting is chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- On September 29, 2021, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi presided over the 38th PRAGATI meeting, which reviewed a variety of national and state government projects, issues, and programmes.
- PROACTIVE GOVERNANCE AND TIMELY IMPLEMENTATION is the acronym for PROACTIVE GOVERNANCE AND TIMELY IMPLEMENTATION.
3. IFSCA forms an Expert Committee on Sustainable Finance, with Shri C.K. Mishra as its chairman.
- The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSC) has formed an Expert Committee to make recommendations on how to build a Sustainable Finance Hub at the IFSC.
- Shri C.K. Mishra, former Secretary to the Government of India, Ministry of Environment, Forests, and Climate Change, will chair the expert committee.
4. For the tenth year in a row, Mukesh Ambani tops the Hurun India Rich List 2021.
- For the tenth year in a row, Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries, has led the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List. His total net worth was estimated to be Rs 7,18,000 crore in 2021.
- Meanwhile, Gautam Adani, chairman of the Adani Group, is ranked second with a net worth of Rs. 5,05,900 crore.
Banking & Finance News
5. The ECLGS Scheme has been extended by the government till March 31, 2022. (or till Rs 4.5 lakh crore guarantee)
- The Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Plan (ECLGS) has been extended by the Indian government until 31 March 2022, or until guarantees totaling Rs 4.5 lakh crore are provided under the scheme, whichever comes first.
- In light of COVID-19, the Government of India introduced the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS).
6. The government has approved ECGC’s initial public offering (IPO) and a capital infusion of Rs 4,400 crore.
- The Indian government has approved a Rs. 4,400 crore capital infusion to ECGC Ltd for a five-year period, from FY 2021-2022 to FY 2025-2026. ECGC Limited is a totally owned CPSE by the Indian government.
- The government has also given its approval to ECGC Ltd’s Initial Public Offering (IPO) on the Stock Exchange.
7. The Reserve Bank of India has removed Indian Overseas Bank from the PCA Framework.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has stated that the PCA limitations have been lifted for the Indian Overseas Bank (IOB). (PCAF) (Prompt Corrective Action Framework)
- In October 2015, IOB, situated in Chennai, was placed under PCA.
Business & Economy News
8. DHFL is acquired by the Piramal Group for Rs 34,250 crore.
- Piramal Enterprises has finalised the acquisition of Dewan Housing Finance Limited (DHFL) by paying Rs 34,250 crore in consideration. This is the first time a financial services company has been successfully resolved under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
- The first financial services company to file for bankruptcy is Dewan Housing Finance (DHFL). It’s a house finance company that doesn’t take deposits.
9. Padmaja Chunduru has been named MD and CEO of the NSDL.
- Padmaja Chunduru has been named managing director and chief executive officer of National Securities Depositories (MD & CEO) (NSDL).
- She has taken over as NSDL’s MD and CEO from GV Nageswara Rao.
10. PK Purwar will remain as MTNL’s Chief Executive Officer until October 2022.
- The Indian government has extended PK Purwar’s additional responsibility as chairman and managing director (CMD) of MTNL (telecom corporation) for another year, until October 14, 2022.
- PK Purwar is also the Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL). The merger of BSNL and MTNL has already been announced by the government.
11. Rupinder Pal Singh, a bronze winner at the Tokyo Olympics, has announced his retirement from international hockey.
- Rupinder Pal Singh, an Olympic bronze medalist in Indian hockey, has announced his retirement from international hockey, effective September 30, 2021, to make room for young and bright players.
- Rupinder, 30, has played in 223 games for the Indian hockey team throughout his 13-year career.
Books & Authors News
12. Wole Soyinka’s novel “Chronicles from the Land of the Happiest People on Earth” was published.
- Wole Soyinka’s work “Chronicles from the Land of the Happiest People on Earth” was recently published.
- Wole Soyinka is the first African to win the Nobel Prize for Literature. In 1973, he published his final work, “Season of Anomy.” He was born in Nigeria.
13. The International Day of the Elderly is celebrated on October 1st.
- Since 1991, the 1st of October has been designated as International Day of Older Persons.
- The goal of the day is to promote awareness of issues that affect the elderly, such as senescence and elder abuse, as well as to recognise the contributions that seniors make to society.
14. World Vegetarian Day is celebrated on October 1st.
- Every year on October 1st, the world celebrates World Vegetarian Day to promote awareness about the ethical, environmental, health, and humanitarian benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle.
- The North American Vegetarian Society started the day in 1977 during the World Vegetarian Congress in Scotland.
15. October 1st is International Coffee Day.
- Every year on October 1st, International Coffee Day honours the millions of people around the world who work hard to manufacture and serve coffee in its consumable form, such as farmers, roasters, baristas, and coffee shop owners.
- The International Coffee Organization launched the first ICD in Milan in 2015.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com