Important Daily Current Affairs of 20th June 2021
In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 20th June 2021 in detail.
1. The Yoga Certification Board of India has appointed ICCR as its personnel certification body.
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations has been named as the personnel certification body by the Yoga Certification Board of India.
- Yoga Certification courses for professionals will now be offered by the ICCR and the Ministry of Ayush around the world.
2. The Delhi Chief Minister launches the campaign “Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination.”
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced the “Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination” campaign with the goal of vaccinating all persons over 45 years old in Delhi against COVID-19 within the next four weeks.
- We will tell individuals to get vaccinated at their assigned polling booths as part of our campaign. Kejriwal stated that vaccinations would be delivered door-to-door.
3. India is ranked 43rd in the IMD World Competitiveness Index for 2021.
- The Institute for Management Development (IMDannual )’s World Competitiveness Index 2021 ranked India 43rd.
- According to IMD, India’s position has remained consistent for the past three years, but this year it shown considerable increases in government efficiency, which could be attributed to reasonably stable public finances despite the pandemic’s challenges.
Banking & Finance News
4. More banks have joined Google Pay’s card tokenization programme.
- Google Pay, a digital payments platform, has revealed that its network of bank partners supporting card tokenization on the Google Pay app has grown even more.
- Tokenization was previously implemented by the platform with Kotak Mahindra Bank, SBI Cards, and Axis Bank. It now offers debit cards from SBI, IndusInd Bank, and Federal Bank, as well as credit cards from IndusInd Bank and HSBC India.
5. The RBI has given Centrum permission to take over PMC Bank in principle.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has awarded Centrum Financial Services Ltd (CFSL) “in-principle” clearance to establish a small finance bank (SFB), which will take over the troubled Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank (PMC Bank).
- The holding firm for CFSL, Jaspal Bindra’s Centrum Capital, and its partner BharatPe, a payments technology provider, would invest Rs 1,800 crore in the small finance bank.
6. IndusInd Bank Launches “IndusEasy Credit,” A Digital Lending Platform
- IndusInd Bank has launched ‘IndusEasy Credit,’ a comprehensive digital lending platform that allows consumers to meet their financial needs from the convenience of their own homes.
- Existing and non-IndusInd Bank customers can now apply for personal loans or credit cards in a completely paperless and digital manner on a single site.
Business & Economy News
7. As the Covid limitation is lifted, India’s unemployment rate drops to 8.7%.
- As COVID instances continue to diminish, India’s jobless rate dropped to 8.7% in the week ending June 13 from a monthly rate of 14.7 per cent in May.
- According to figures from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy, urban unemployment fell to 9.7% in the week ending June 13 from a monthly rate of 14.7 per cent in May. (CMIE)
8. Snowflake Names LTI As Global Innovation Partner Of The Year
- Snowflake, the Data Cloud Company, has named Larsen & Toubro Infotech (LTI), a worldwide technology consulting and digital solutions company, as the Global Innovation Partner of the Year. During the Snowflake Virtual Partner Summit, LTI was honoured with this distinguished award.
- The award is a significant milestone in LTI and Snowflake’s strategic alliance, and it will deepen collaboration between the companies to empower businesses with innovative solutions and services.
9. Ireland’s Kevin O’Brien Announces Retirement From ODIs
- Ireland all-rounder Kevin O’Brien, whose century against England in a 2011 World Cup match remains the fastest hundred in the tournament’s history, has quit one-day internationals, Cricket Ireland said.
- O’Brien wrote his name in the record books with a 50-ball century in Bangalore 10 years ago when Ireland beat England by three wickets, chasing down a 328-run victory target with five balls to spare.
10. Shafali Verma becomes the first woman in Test cricket history to achieve two half-centuries in the same innings.
- Shafali Verma of India became the fourth woman in history to strike dual half-centuries in her debut Test match.
- In the continuing one-off Test against England in Bristol, she reached the milestone.
Awards & Honours News
11. FTCCI CEO Khyati Naravane received a ‘Certificate of Commitment’ from The World Book of Records, London. Industry body Federation of Telangana Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FTCCI) CEO Khyati Naravane received a ‘Certificate of Commitment’ from The World Book of Records, London.
- The World Book of Records (WBR) has launched a campaign to encourage and motivate individuals to take safety seriously.
12. CMD ReNew Power UNGC Honors Sumant Sinha as an SDG Pioneer
- Mr. Sumant Sinha, Chairman & MD of ReNew Power, has been named one of ten 2021 SDG Pioneers by the United Nations Global Compact for his efforts to provide access to clean and affordable energy.
- The announcement was made at the United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit in 2021.
- SDG Pioneers are corporate leaders who have been recognised by the UN Global Compact for their outstanding efforts to promote the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by implementing the UN Global Compact Ten Principles on human rights, the environment, labour, and anti-corruption
13. Mufti Faiz-Ul-Waheed, the first person to translate the Quran into the Gojri language, has died.
- Mufti Faiz-ul-Waheed, a prominent Islamic scholar who was the first to translate the Quran into the Gojri language and assisted hundreds of tribal children in Jammu and Kashmir pursue medical and engineering degrees, died at a private hospital of post-Covid problems. He was 56 years old at the time.
- Among the books written by the scholar were ‘Siraj-um-Muneera,’ ‘Ahkam-e-Mayyat,’ and ‘Namaz Kae Masayil Quran-o-Hadees Ki Roshni Mei.’
14. Guruprasad Mohapatra, the Secretary of the DPIIT, died at the age of 59.
- Guruprasad Mohapatra, Secretary of the Department of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), died at AIIMS from Covid-19-related complications. He was 59 years old at the time.
- Mohapatra was the chairman of the Airports Authority of India before becoming the DPIIT secretary in August 2019. (AAI).
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org