In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 21st July 2021 in detail.
1. Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana has approved over 30 crore loans worth Rs 15.97 crore.
- Since the scheme’s start in April 2015, the government has announced that over 30 crore loans totaling 15 lakh 97 thousand million rupees have been sanctioned under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana. Institutional credit of up to ten lakh rupees is granted to micro and small business units under the scheme for entrepreneurial activity.
- Between 2015 and 2018, the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana contributed to the creation of almost one crore net additional jobs.
2. IIT-Ropar Creates the World’s First Oxygen Rationing Device
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar have created a first-of-its-kind gadget that can control the flow of medicinal oxygen from a cylinder during a patient’s inhalation and exhale, decreasing waste.
- The AMLEX system was created with oxygen cylinders in mind. It synchronises oxygen flow with a patient’s inhale and exhale. According to Dr. Ashish Sahani, Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, IIT Ropar, this conserves a significant amount of oxygen in the reservoir.
3. All National Games medalists in Assam would be given jobs by the state government.
- All upcoming medalists in the State’s National Games, as well as victors of the Olympics, Commonwealth Games, and Asian Games, have been offered government positions by Assam’s Chief Minister.
- Additionally, the State Government would establish a monthly pension system for prior medal winners of such games and other Olympic related games at the national level as soon as possible.
4. Kerala’s first ‘Book Village’ is located at Perumkulam.
- Perumkulam, in the Kollam District, has been dubbed Kerala’s first “Book Village.” Years of concerted efforts aimed at cultivating the habit of reading have resulted in this claim to fame.
- Perumkulam is a tiny village in the Kollam district of Kerala, located in Kulakkada near Kottarakkara.
- The hamlet’s library, Bapuji Smaraka Grandhasala, is at the vanguard of attempts to make it the state’s first book village.
5. Rajasthan creates a mobile app for buying and selling organic products.
- The ‘Raj Kisan Organic’ smartphone application, designed by the agricultural department for coordination and negotiation between farmers and buyers, may now be used to buy and sell organic products throughout Rajasthan.
- Farmers producing organic produce in Rajasthan can use the smartphone app to directly bargain and negotiate a price with a pool of customers.
6. The government of Andhra Pradesh will create a flagship startup promotion scheme.
- The Andhra Pradesh government will establish Accelerate Entrepreneurs in AP (ASAP), a flagship startup promotion scheme that will provide early-stage startups with plug-and-play office space as well as access to a network of investors and mentors.
- It would also establish a Rs 100 crore ‘fund of funds’ for funding entrepreneurs in the state, in collaboration with a consortium of Venture Capital and Private Equity businesses as well as colleges.
7. At the Mathura refinery, IOC will construct India’s first green hydrogen plant.
- IOC, India’s largest oil company, will construct the country’s first “green hydrogen” facility at its Mathura refinery in order to meet the growing need for both oil and cleaner forms of energy in the future.
- Hydrogen is the newest buzzword when it comes to satisfying the world’s energy demands. Although hydrogen is a clean fuel in and of itself, its production is energy-intensive and produces carbon pollutants.
8. Yami Gautam and the Himachal Pradesh government have teamed up to launch the ‘Baccho Ka Sahara, Phone Humara’ project.
- Yami Gautam Dhar, a Bollywood actor, has partnered with the Himachal Pradesh government on the ‘Baccho Ka Sahara, Phone Humara’ project. Many children are being deprived of educational chances as online learning becomes the new normal due to a lack of basic technical infrastructure in many parts of the country. The Himachal Pradesh government has launched the program ‘Baccho Ka Sahara, Phone Humara,’ which is a phone donation camp to assist impoverished youngsters who cannot buy smartphones.
9. The S-500 missile system was successfully tested by Russia.
- In a training operation at the Kapustin Yar range, Russia’s S-500 next-generation missile system hit a fast-moving ballistic target. According to the Russian Defense Ministry, the first S-500 system will be delivered to the Moscow Region’s air and missile defence unit when a full cycle of tests is finished.
10. Russia successfully tested the Zircon hypersonic cruise missile from a ship.
- The Zircon hypersonic cruise missile was successfully test-fired by Russia. The Zircon missile will be deployed aboard Russian warships and submarines.
- President Vladimir Putin first referenced Zircon, a winged anti-ship hypersonic cruise missile, at his 2018 State of the Union address.
11. Qatar Airways is the first airline in the Middle East to join IATA’s Turbulence Aware platform.
- Qatar Airways and the International Air Transport Association announced that Qatar Airways will join the IATA Turbulence Aware platform as the first airline in the Middle East.
- By aggregating and sharing anonymized turbulence data from numerous member airlines and thousands of daily flights, IATA’s Turbulence Aware helps airlines limit the impact of turbulence, which is a leading cause of passenger and crew injuries and greater fuel costs each year.
Banking & Finance News
12. Goldman Sachs establishes a presence in Hyderabad.
- Goldman Sachs has built a new facility in Hyderabad as part of its commitment to expanding its global centre for engineering and business innovation in the country.
- By the end of the year, the new office should have over 800 employees, and by 2023, it should have over 2,500. Engineering, finance, human capital management, and consumer banking assistance will all be housed in the new office, which will focus on digital banking, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
Business & Economy News
13. ‘Made in India’ will be acquired by YouTube. Simsim is a video e-commerce platform.
- As part of its attempts to help small businesses and retailers in India access new customers, YouTube will purchase Simsim, an Indian video e-commerce platform. The financial specifics of the purchase, however, were not disclosed by the corporation.
- Simsim will not undergo any immediate modifications, and the app will continue to function freely, according to the statement. YouTube is working on ways to highlight Simsim’s offerings to its users.
14. Ariel Henry has been sworn in as Haiti’s next Prime Minister.
- Ariel Henry has been sworn in as the country’s new prime minister, less than two weeks after President Jovenel Mose was slain. Moise had urged Henry to take over the post just days before he was assassinated in Port-au-Prince, Haiti’s capital.
15. Saad Hariri, the country’s new prime minister, has resigned.
- After failing to establish a cabinet for almost eight months, Lebanon’s Prime Minister-designate Saad Hariri stood down.
16. Viswanathan Anand is the winner of the Sparkassen Trophy.
- Viswanathan Anand overcame Vladimir Kramnik to win the Sparkassen Trophy in Dortmund in a thrilling four-game struggle between two previous World champions in a fresh new chess format.
17. Mongolia, Tajikistan, and Switzerland have been accepted as new Associate Members of the International Chamber of Commerce.
- Mongolia, Tajikistan, and Switzerland were inducted as new member countries of the International Cricket Council (ICC) on July 18, 2021, at the ICC’s 78th Annual General Meeting, which was held remotely.
- As a result, the ICC now has a total of 106 members, including 94 associates. The three additional countries have joined the ICC’s 94 Associate Members.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org