In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 23rd July 2021 in detail.
1. The Union Cabinet has approved the PLI Scheme for Specialty Steel, which includes Rs 6,322 crore in incentives.
- The Union Cabinet has approved a Rs. 6,322 crore Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for Specialty Steel. This will be delivered over a five-year period.
- This programme will increase the country’s output of high-grade speciality steel. Coated or plated steel products, high strength or wear resistant steel, speciality rails, alloy steel products, steel wires, and electrical steel will all be covered by the programme.
2. The Cabinet approves the establishment of the Central University of Ladakh.
- The establishment of a Central University of Ladakh, at a cost of 750 crore rupees, has also been approved by the Union Cabinet. In Leh’s Khaltsi, a Central University will be established.
- This would have a ripple effect throughout the region’s educational institutions, boosting women’s education.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved the formation of an Integrated Multi-purpose Infrastructure Development Corporation for Ladakh.
- For the Union Territory of Ladakh, the Centre has sanctioned the formation of an integrated multi-purpose infrastructure development organisation.
- According to an official release, the corporation’s foundation will result in the Union Territory of Ladakh’s inclusive and integrated development. This, in turn, will assure the socioeconomic development of the entire region as well as the UT’s people.
4. APEDA works with officials in Ladakh to promote distinctive agricultural products and raise farmers’ income in the region.
- APEDA, the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority, is working with officials in Ladakh to promote distinctive agricultural products that will raise farmers’ income in the region.
- APEDA would provide technical help to stakeholders such as businesses, bureaucrats, and farmers in the areas of capacity building, branding and marketing of Ladakhi products, and making Ladakh a “organic” region.
5. In the Bay of Bengal, India and the United Kingdom are conducting a massive wargame.
- In the Bay of Bengal, the Indian Navy and the UK’s largest cruiser, HMS Queen Elizabeth, and its strike task group conducted a major simulation involving a variety of intricate scenarios, signalling a commitment to increase military cooperation in crucial sea lanes.
- The UK’s aircraft carrier visited the Indian Ocean as part of a 40-nation trip aimed at showcasing the country’s commitment to a free and open Indo-Pacific.
6. In the current UNESCAP Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation, India receives a score of 90.32 percent.
- In the latest Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation conducted by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia Pacific (UNESCAP), India received a score of 90.32 percent. According to the study, this represents a significant increase from the previous year’s figure of 78.49%. In the Transparency index, India had a perfect score of 100 percent, and in the Women in Trade component, it received a score of 66%.
Banking & Finance News
7. The Reserve Bank of India is intending to establish a central bank digital currency in the near future.
- In the near future, the Reserve Bank of India plans to issue Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). RBI is now working on a phased rollout plan and analysing use cases that might be deployed with little or no impact, according to Deputy Governor T Rabi Shankar.
- The implementation of CBDC was recommended by a High Level Inter-Ministerial Committee established by the Ministry of Finance in November 2017 to study the policy and legal framework for virtual currency regulation.
8. Bank of Baroda and U GRO Capital have teamed up to co-lend to SMEs.
- U GRO Capital, a non-bank lender, and Bank of Baroda, a state-owned bank, have teamed together to co-lend to the micro, small, and medium company (MSME) sector.
- Loan disbursements under this organisation, dubbed ‘Pratham,’ began on July 20, 2021, on the 114th Foundation Day of Bank of Baroda.
9. IOA Ropes in Adani Group as Tokyo Olympics Sponsor
- The Adani Group has agreed to sponsor the Indian presence at the upcoming Tokyo Olympics, according to the Indian Olympic Association. The news was revealed by IOA Secretary General Rajiv Mehta, who is currently in Tokyo.
- The IOA had previously signed sponsorship agreements with a number of private companies, including Amul, a leading dairy company, MPL Sports Foundation, and JSW Sports, to name a few.
10. Para shooter from MP wins gold in Peru and sets a new world record.
- Rubina Francis of Madhya Pradesh broke the world record and won gold in the 10-meter air pistol para ladies event at the World Shooting Para Sport Cup in Peru.
11. Sandesh Jhingan has been named AIFF Men’s Footballer of the Year, while Suresh Singh has been named Emerging Player of the Year.
- Sandesh Jhingan, a senior India defender, was named the AIFF men’s Footballer of the Year, while Suresh Singh Wangjam, a midfielder, was selected the Emerging Player for the 2020-21 season.
- After winning the Emerging Player of the Year Accolade in 2014, this is the first time the towering central defence has gotten the AIFF Player of the Year award.
Awards & Honours News
12. JNCASR is ranked among the best institutions in the field of materials science.
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) is ranked 23rd among Top 50 Rising Institutions in the Nature Index 2021 Materials Science tables, making it the only Indian institution to make the list.
- It is ranked 171st among the world’s top 200 universities. The Centre is one of two Indian institutes on the list, the other being the IISc in Bengaluru.
Books & Authors News
13. The Stranger In The Mirror, an autobiography by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, has been announced.
- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s autobiography, The Stranger In The Mirror, will be released soon. Reeta Ramamurthy Gupta, a well-known author, collaborated with him on the book.
- The Stranger In The Mirror includes first-person testimonies from Waheeda Rahman, AR Rahman, Abhishek Bachchan, Farhan Akhtar, Ronnie Screwvala, Atul Kulkarni, R Madhavan, Divya Dutta, and Prahlad Kakar, among others from the film and advertising industries.
14. Dr. C K Garyali’s book, “Bank with a Soul: Equitas,” is unveiled by former RBI Governor Duvvuri Subbarao.
- Dr. C K Garyali’s book, “Bank with a Soul: Equitas,” was published on July 17th by Duvvuri Subbarao, former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Dr. C K Garyali is a founding trustee of EDIT (Equitas Development Initiative Trust), and the book chronicles Equitas and EDIT’s journey in transforming the lives of women through frequent social reform initiatives, such as assisting them in starting micro-enterprises and pioneering financial inclusion from the beginning.
15. The Vice President publishes the book ‘Palleku Pattabhishekam,’ which is about rural India and agriculture.
- The Vice President, speaking at the launch of former MP Shri Yalamanchili Sivaji’s book “Palleku Pattabhishekam,” said that villages and agriculture are inextricably linked, and that we must address their challenges holistically in order to bring “Gram Swarajya” to our villages.
16. NID co-founder Gira Sarabhai died at the age of 98.
- Gira Sarabhai, co-founder of Ahmedabad’s prestigious National Institute of Design (NID), has died. The nation’s pioneer of design education has helped to build a number of additional institutions and has made significant contributions to the fields of art and architecture.
17. It’s National Broadcasting Day today.
- National Broadcasting Day is celebrated in India every year on July 23 to commemorate the country’s first radio broadcast, which was made from the Bombay Station under the Indian Broadcasting Company in 1927.
- The Bombay Presidency Radio Club launched radio broadcasting in India under British administration in 1922. In 1927, the Indian Broadcasting Company (IBC) was granted licence to operate two radio stations after becoming a private company.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org