In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 24th July 2021 in detail.
1. Punjab launches the AABR technology to detect hearing loss in newborns.
- The Punjab government launched an automated auditory brainstem response system (AABR) as part of a universal newborn hearing screening programme to address hearing loss in newborns and early children. Punjab has thus become the first state in the country to use the method.
- The state government will provide a free cochlear implant to a youngster who has a hearing disability. A cochlear implant is a surgically implanted neuroprosthesis that gives a person with sensorineural hearing loss a modified sense of sound.
2. The Gujarat High Court was the first to begin live streaming of sessions.
- The Gujarat High Court became the country’s first court to formally begin live streaming of sessions. Chief Justice of India N.V. Ramana announced that steps would soon be taken to replicate this to some extent inthe Supreme Court as well.
3. Bangladesh is working on a social networking platform that will compete with Facebook and Whatsapp.
- As an alternative to Facebook, the Bangladesh government is developing a social networking site called ‘Jogajog.’ Local entrepreneurs will be able to use the platform to develop their own marketplace for sharing knowledge and data without having to rely on a foreign platform.
- As an alternative to Whatsapp, the government is also focusing on developing the ‘Alapan’ communication app.
Banking & Finance News
4. Kerala Bank has introduced a new loan programme.
- Kerala Bank has established the ‘Kerala Bank Samagra’ credit scheme for the development of infrastructure in Primary Agricultural Credit Cooperatives (PACS). The comprehensive lending programme was created to assist PACS in creating jobs in rural areas and overcoming the Covid crisis.
5. Multilink has announced a partnership with NSDL Payments Bank to establish a network of over 4,000 business correspondent agents in India.
- Multilink, one of India’s fastest-growing fintech companies with a network of over a million agents spread across the country, announced that it will begin a strategic partnership with NSDL Payments Bank to build agent points across the country, as well as provide banking services to rural and urban areas through NEO banking systems.
- This branchless banking partnership, according to the firm, would enhance digitization by allowing more people to access and use banking services in their own neighbourhood.
6. The HDFC ERGO Optima Secure indemnity-based health insurance policy is now available.
- Optima Secure, a new health indemnity insurance product from HDFC ERGO General Insurance, aims to redefine the value clients can gain from their insurance plan.
- According to HDFC ERGO, the product has “secure, plus, protect, and restore benefits,” which combine to provide clients with up to four times their sum insured at no additional cost, as well as coverage for non-medical expenses indicated on the policy.
7. SMC Global Securities and Dhanlaxmi Bank have announced a strategic cooperation.
- Customers will be able to trade online thanks to a strategic agreement between Dhanlaxmi Bank and SMC Global Securities Limited. The partnership will give Dhanlaxmi Bank customers an integrated 3-in-1 account that includes a savings, demat, and trading account, as well as a mobile trading app (SMC ACE) and desktop based software, to provide a hassle-free and convenient trading experience.
Business & Economy News
8. Cisco and the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) have teamed up to help India improve its digital skills.
- Cisco Networking Academy and the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) have teamed up to address India’s tech skills shortfall and provide job opportunities for millions of people in the digital economy.
- The cooperation would give NSDC’s eSkill India platform access to Cisco Networking Academy courses, providing full digital skills for the digital-first world.
9. Aramane Giridhar gets additional charge of NHAI Chairman
- The Secretary of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) Mr. Aramane Giridhar has been given the additional charge of the post of Chairman, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
- He will take place of Sukhbir Singh Sandhu who has been elected as the new Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand.
10. Bala Devi and Manisha Kalyan have been named as the winners of the annual AIFF awards.
- Bala Devi of India has been named the AIFF Women’s Footballer of the Year 2020-21, while Manisha Kalyan of India has been named the AIFF Women’s Emerging Footballer of the Year 2020-21.
11. Mirabai Chanu won India’s first Olympic medal in Tokyo.
- On the first official day of competition at the Tokyo Olympics, Mirabai Chanu won India’s first medal, a silver in women’s 49kg weightlifting.
- The Indian lifted a total of 202 kilogrammes to finish second behind China’s Hou Zhihui, who set an Olympic record with a total of 210 kg.
12. Fakir Alamgir, a legendary folk musician and independence fighter from Bangladesh, has died.
- Fakir Alamgir, a folk music hero and a freedom fighter, died in Dhaka. He was infected with the Coronavirus and had a heart attack as a result. He was 71 years old at the time.
- Fakir Alamgir was a renowned exponent of Gono Sangeet, or people’s songs, as a singer, pianist, and songwriter. He was well-known for being a strong advocate for society’s marginalised groups.
13. Satish Kalsekar, a well-known Marathi poet, has died.
- Satish Kalsekar, a well-known Marathi poet, died of a heart attack. He was 78 years old at the time.
- In 2014, Kalsekar received the Sahitya Akademi Award for his essay collection ‘Vachanaryachi Rojanishee.’ His work as a poet was his main claim to fame. ‘Indriyopnishad,’ ‘Sakshat,’ and ‘Vilambit’ are three of his most popular poetry books.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com