In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 25th July 2021 in detail.
1. IIT-Kanpur launches technology innovation centre to identify cyber security solutions
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT-K) has developed a technology innovation centre named ‘C3i Hub’ in order to identify cybersecurity solutions for anti-drones technologies, intrusion detection systems, block-chain, and cyber-physical systems.
- C3iHub will contribute to the development of a thriving ecosystem of cyber security start-ups that create world-class technologies.
2. Two-day bilateral passage exercise between the Indian Navy and the Royal Navy of the United Kingdom.
- From July 21 to 22, the Indian Navy participated in a two-day bilateral Passage Exercise (PASSEX) in the Bay of Bengal with Royal Navy Carrier Strike Group (CSG)-21, headed by HMS Queen Elizabeth.
- The bilateral maritime exercise aimed to improve the capabilities of the two fleets to work together in the maritime domain.
3. Bangladesh is working on a social media platform called Jogajog.
- Bangladesh will create a social networking platform called ‘Jogajog.’ This platform will function as a Facebook substitute.
- The major goal of this platform is to assist local entrepreneurs in developing their own marketplace so that they may share information and data without having to rely on a third-party platform.
Banking & Finance News
4. The RBI has increased the loan ceiling for other bank directors from Rs 25 lakh to Rs 5 crore.
- The Reserve Bank of India has increased the ceiling on loans that a bank can grant without board permission to any director or associate of another bank to Rs 5 crore. Previously, the ceiling was Rs 25 lakh.
- Banks should not grant loans or advances worth more than Rs 5 crore unless the board of directors or management committee has approved them.
5. Shiv Nadar, the creator of HCL Technologies Ltd and its chief strategy officer, has tendered his resignation as managing director and a director, with effect from July 19, after reaching the age of 76.
- Vijayakumar, the company’s president and CEO, has been named managing director for a five-year term.
6. Mirabai Chanu won Silver at the Tokyo Olympics
- On 24th July 2021, The ace weightlifter of India Saikhom Mirabai Chanu has won a silver medal in the Women’s 49kg category, at Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Chanu lifted a total of 202kg (87kg in snatch and 115kg in clean and jerk) to win the medal. This is the 1st medal for India at the ongoing Olympics Game in Tokyo.
- Zhihui Hou (China) has won gold and lifted a total of 210kg. With this, she also created a new Olympic Record.
Books & Authors News
7. Ashok Lavasa’s “An Ordinary Life: Portrait of an Indian Generation”
- Ashok Lavasa, a former election commissioner, has written a book called “An Ordinary Life: Portrait of an Indian Generation.”
- In this book, Ashok Lavasa tells the storey of his father, Udai Singh, and how his father’s ideals functioned as a moral compass in his life, and can in ours as well.
8. Satish Kalsekar, a veteran Marathi poet, died at the age of 78.
- Satish Kalsekar, a well-known Marathi poet and writer, passed away at the age of 78 due to a heart attack. Satish Kalsekar is a poet, translator, prose writer, and editor who has made significant contributions in all of these areas.
- For his collection of essays ‘Vachanaryachi Rojanishee,’ he received the Sahitya Akademi Award in 2014.
9. National Parents Day is celebrated on July 25th (Fourth Sunday in July)
- On the fourth Sunday of July, it is commemorated. It will be commemorated on July 25th this year. The day is dedicated to parents and their vital role in our lives. Let’s take a closer look at the events of the day.
- In 1994, President Bill Clinton signed a legislation and the US Congress passed a resolution designating the fourth Sunday of July as Parents’ Day.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com