In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 26th November 2021 in detail.
1. M Modi breaks ground on the Noida International Airport in Jewar, Uttar Pradesh.
- On November 25, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for Noida International Airport in Jewar, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Jewar airport is the Delhi-National Capital Region’s second international airport (NCR).
2. The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana (PMGKAY) has been extended until March 2022 by the Cabinet.
- The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana (PMGKAY) has been extended for another four months by the Union Cabinet, which is chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- From December 2021 to March 2022, the PMGKAY scheme will be functioning in Phase V.
3. Venkaiah Naidu Virtually Represents India at the 13th ASEM Summit
- On November 25 and 26, 2021, the ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Summit will hold its 13th edition. Cambodia is hosting the summit as the ASEM Chair.
- Strengthening Multilateralism for Shared Growth is the subject of the two-day ASEM Summit.
4. The 5th World Congress on Disaster Management at IIT Delhi is virtually inaugurated by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- On November 24, 2021, Union Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh virtually opened the fifth edition of the World Congress on Disaster Management (WCDM).
- The event will take place on the Delhi campus of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) from November 24-27, 2021.
5. President Ram Nath Kovind visits Adarsh village Sui in Bhiwani, Haryana.
- The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, paid a visit to Sui village in Haryana’s Bhiwani district to launch a number of public infrastructure.
- Mahadevi Parameshwaridas Jindal Charitable Trust is developing this hamlet as an Adarsh Gram (Model village) under the Haryana Government’s Swa-Prerit Adarsh Gram Yojana (SPAGY) scheme.
6. Cambodia hosted the 13th ASEM Summit, which was held virtually.
- The 13th ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Summit was held virtually, with Cambodia serving as the host country. Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu is leading the Indian delegation via the virtual platform.
- Strengthening Multilateralism for Shared Growth is the subject of the two-day ASEM Summit. The ASEM process will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2021.
7. El Salvador intends to construct the first Bitcoin City in the world.
- President Nayib Bukele of El Salvador has claimed that the government will establish the world’s first “Bitcoin City.”
- The new city will be built in La Union’s eastern section and will be first funded by bitcoin-backed bonds. A volcano would provide geothermal energy.
Banking & Finance News
8. India receives a USD 1.5 billion loan from the Asian Development Bank to purchase Covid-19 vaccines.
- India has been accepted for a USD 1.5 billion (about Rs 11,185 crore) credit from the Asian Development Bank to purchase COVID-19 vaccine.
- An additional USD 500 million is expected to be co-financed for the project by the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
9. Tata Power partners with NPCI Bharat BillPay.
- NPCI Bharat BillPay, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), has announced its integration with Tata Power, India’s largest integrated power utility, on ClickPay, making it the first power business to do so.
- Bharat BillPay’s flagship product, ClickPay, would make it simple for Tata Power consumers to pay their monthly electricity bills.
10. Projects by Moody’s India’s GDP growth is expected to be 9.3% in FY22 and 7.9% in FY23.
- The following is Moody’s Investors Service’s forecast for India’s GDP growth rate in FY22 and FY23:
- According to Moody’s, India’s GDP growth rate for FY22 is expected to be 9.3%.
11. Wage Rate Index (WRI) base year is changed from 1963-65 to 2016.
- The base year for the Wage Rate Index (WRI) has been modified from 1963-65=100 to 2016=100 by the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- Prof. S.P.Mukherjee leads the government’s Expert Group on Minimum Wages and National Floor Wages. The base year has been altered as a result of this committee’s proposal.
12. The Asian Development Bank has approved a USD1.5 billion loan to India for the purchase of COVID-19 vaccine.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has authorised a $1.5 billion loan (about Rs 11,185 crore) to assist the Indian government in purchasing safe and effective coronavirus vaccinations (COVID-19)
- The money would be used to buy at least 66.7 crore COVID-19 vaccination doses for the country’s estimated 31.7 million citizens.
15. Garbine Muguruza of Spain defeats Anett Kontaveit in the WTA Finals.
- Garbine Muguruza defeated Anett Kontaveit 6-3, 7-5 to win the WTA Finals for the first time in her career and increase her record in Mexico to 14 victories and two losses.
- Muguruza became the first Spaniard to win the women’s season-ending tournament after winning it back-to-back in Monterrey, Mexico, in 2018 and 2019.
Awards & Honours News
16. Himachal Pradesh’s Kamdhenu Hitkari Manch has been picked as the ‘Best Milk Cooperative Society’ and has been awarded the ‘Gopal Ratna’ Award by the Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Government of India.
- With about 5445 active farmer members, Kamdhenu Hitkari Manch is one of the state’s leading societies, having been granted the prestigious ‘Gopal Ratna’ Award in the category of Best Dairy Cooperative Society.
Books & Authors News
17. BN Goswamy, an art historian, has written a book called ‘Conversations’ about Indian art.
- Brijinder Nath Goswamy, a well-known art historian and critic, has announced the publication of a new book about and about Indian art.
- “Conversations: India’s Leading Art Historian Engages with 101 Themes, and More” is the title of the book.
18. Chun Doo-hwan, a former president of South Korea, has died at the age of 90.
- Chun Doo-hwan, the former president of South Korea, died of cancer.
- He was 90 years old at the time.
19. The 26th of November is India’s Constitution Day.
- Every year on November 26th, India celebrates Constitution Day, which commemorates the country’s adoption of its constitution.
- On November 26, 2018, the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, launched the Supreme Court’s Indian Constitution Day celebrations in New Delhi.
20. The 26th of November is National Milk Day.
- Every year on November 26th, India commemorates National Milk Day.
- Since 2014, the day has been marked to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Verghese Kurien, the Father of India’s White Revolution.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com