Important Daily Current Affairs of 27th June 2021
In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 27th June 2021 in detail.
1.The government has extended the deadline for the FAME-II electric vehicle promotion plan to March 2024.
- The Union government has decided to extend the second phase of the FAME programme (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles) for another two years, till March 31, 2024.
- The programme, which began in 2019 to encourage the purchase of electric vehicles, was set to terminate in 2022.
2. Goa has become the country’s first rabies-free state: CM
- According to Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant, the state has not reported a single incidence of rabies in the last three years, making it the country’s first rabies-free state.
- He went on to say that the ‘Mission Rabies’ programme, which is funded by the federal government, was in charge of rabies control.
3. PM interacts with Toycathon-2021 participants.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi used video conferencing to communicate with Toycathon-2021 participants.
On January 5, the Ministry of Education, the WCD Ministry, the MSME Ministry, the DPIIT, the Textile Ministry, the I&B Ministry, and the AICTE together launched Toycathon 2021.
4. Ajit Doval, the National Security Advisor, is in Dushanbe for a meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
- In Tajikistan’s capital, Dushanbe, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval attended a conference of top security officials from member countries of the Shanghai Corporation Organisation (SCO). The summit of the SCO’s top national security officials is being hosted by Tajikistan, the organization’s current president.
- A Senior Officials Meeting preceded the NSA level meeting (SOM). Security authorities will establish the path for the annual “Regional Anti-Terror Structure” (RATS) mechanism joint exercises by SCO member soldiers, which will be held in Pakistan this year, in addition to other security problems to be discussed.
5. Malta, Haiti, the Philippines, and South Sudan have been added to the Financial Action Task Force’s (FATF) grey list.
- The tiny Mediterranean island nation of Malta has been placed on a list for intensified monitoring by a watchdog on the lookout for money laundering and terror financing.
- The Financial Action Task Force, based in Paris, has moved the European Union member to its “grey list,” which also includes Haiti, the Philippines, and South Sudan.
Banking & Finance News
6. The World Bank has approved a loan of Rs. 925 crore for the second phase of the Rebuild Kerala project.
- The World Bank authorised a USD 125 million loan for the second phase of the Rebuild Kerala Initiative (RKI) two years after sanctioning a USD 250 million loan for the first phase.
- The Rebuild Kerala Initiative aims to incorporate disaster risk planning into urban and local self-government master plans, as well as to make health, water resources management, agriculture, and public works agencies more resilient to disasters.
7. SBI Card and Fabindia have teamed up to launch the Fabindia SBI Card.
- SBI Card, India’s second-largest credit card issuer, and Fabindia, a retail platform for a wide selection of handcrafted products by the country’s artisans, have teamed together to launch the Fabindia SBI Card, an exclusive co-branded contactless credit card.
- The card is available in two versions: Fabindia SBI Card SELECT and Fabindia SBI Card. It is developed with tailored rewards and privileges to provide a satisfying shopping experience to its premium consumers.
8. India’s bank credit-to-GDP ratio has increased by 56%. In the year 2020
- Despite incremental credit growth hitting a 59-year low of 5.56 percent in FY21, the bank credit-to-GDP ratio rose to a five-year high of a little over 56 percent in 2020, but it still lags behind peers and is less than half of the G20 average, according to the latest data from the Bank for International Settlements (BIS).
- According to BIS data for the year, total outstanding bank credit in the country stood at USD 1.52 trillion in 2020, the second lowest among all Asian peers at 56.075 percent credit-to-GDP ratio.
Business & Economy
9. The Indian economy is expected to increase 8.4-10.1 percent this fiscal year, according to the NCAER.
- The Indian economy is expected to increase 8.4-10.1 percent this fiscal year, up from 7.3 percent the previous year, according to economic think tank NCAER.
- The National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) has called for significant budgetary support to boost economic growth in its quarterly economic assessment.
10. Reliance Jio and Google Cloud will collaborate on 5G technology.
- Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai announced at the Reliance AGM that Jio and Google Cloud have formed a 5G cooperation to connect a billion Indians to faster internet. This is on top of the JioPhone Next smartphone that the two businesses are working on together.
- The Reliance Jio collaboration is a “marquee” one that will help the company develop swiftly and eventually become profitable.
11. According to a Personnel Ministry notification, Vigilance Commissioner Suresh N. Patel will act as the Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) in the Central Vigilance Commission with effect from the date of occurrence of the vacancy, which is June 24, 2021, until the appointment of the central vigilance commissioner.
- Sanjay Kothari’s term as chief of the probity watchdog ended on June 23, necessitating the appointment.
12. Sajan Prakash has qualified for the Tokyo Olympics for the first time.
- Sajan Prakash has qualified for the next Tokyo Olympics as the first Indian swimmer.
- At the Sette Colli Trophy in Rome, Sajan achieved the feat by clocking 1 minute 56.38 seconds in the men’s 200m butterfly.
13. Abhishek Verma wins the men’s individual gold at the World Cup in Paris.
- In a nail-biting final, Abhishek Verma defeated American Kris Schaff in a shoot-off to win the compound men’s solo title at the Archery World Cup Stage-3 in Paris. With this achievement, he has became the first Indian guy to win two gold medals in the men’s compound individual event at the World Cups.
- After the two archers tied 148-148 in the gold medal match, Verma shot a ten against Schaff’s nine in the shoot-off.
14. Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary win silver in the mixed air pistol team event at the Shooting World Cup in Osijek, Croatia.
- Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary of India won a silver medal in the 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team Event at the ISSF World Cup in Osijek, Croatia.
- The Indians were defeated 12-16 by Vitalina Batsarashkina and Artem Chernousov of Russia in the gold medal match.
Science & Technology
15. DRDO successfully test fires enhanced Pinaka Rockets
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) said it has successfully test-fired enhanced range versions of indigenously-developed Pinaka rockets and 122mm Caliber rockets from a Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher (MBRLp) at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Altogether 25 Enhanced Pinaka Rockets were test fired in quick succession against targets at different ranges.
16. COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Kit developed by IIT Delhi
- Shri Sanjay Dhotre, Minister of State for Education, introduced a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test kit. It was created by researchers at IIT Delhi, lead by Dr. Harpal Singh.
- IIT Delhi built the kit solely with internal resources. SENSIT Rapid COVID-19 Ag Testing Kit is the name given to it. It has a sensitivity of 86 percent and a specificity of 100 percent.
17. Ravi Shankar Prasad, the Law Minister, has launched ‘itat e-dwar,’ an e-filing facility for the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal.
- The Income Tax Appellate Tribunal’s (ITAT) e-filing portal was launched by Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, who said the move should be understood as part of a bigger narrative of the country’s digital transformation.
The ‘ITAT e-dwar’ platform would improve accessibility, accountability, and openness in the ITAT’s day-to-day operations, according to Justice P P Bhatt, the tribunal’s president.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com