In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 30th July 2021 in detail.
1. SAFAL Assessment Framework for CBSE Students is launched by Prime Minister Modi.
- On the first anniversary of the National Education Policy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the SAFAL initiative of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on July 29, 2021. (NEP).
- Structured Assessment For Analyzing Learning (SAFAL) is an acronym for Structured Assessment For Analyzing Learning.
2. Karnataka is the first state to grant a 1% reservation in government jobs for transgender people.
- Karnataka has become India’s first state to set aside jobs in the public sector for transgender people.
- According to reports, the state administration has granted a 1% horizontal reservation in government employment for transgender people.
3. In medical seats, the government has announced a 27% reserve for OBCs and a 10% quota for EWS.
- Starting this academic year, 27% of all quota admissions for medical and dentistry courses will be allocated for Other Backward Classes (OBCs), according to the Union health ministry. A further 10% will be set aside for the Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
- Reservations will be implemented in all medical and dentistry undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
4. The government has released Rs 8257.88 crore to states and UTs to help India. In 2020-21, the Covid-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package will be implemented.
- During the 2020-21 fiscal year, the government has allocated Rs. 8257.88 crore to the States and Union Territories for the India Covid-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package. Similarly, in the fiscal year 2019-20, 1113.21 crore rupees were released.
- The Cabinet has approved a budget of 23 thousand 123 crores rupees for the India Covid-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package- Phase-II, which would be implemented from July 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
5. The Kerala Police Department has launched a pink programme to ensure the protection of ladies.
- The Kerala Police’s Pink Protection Project, which aims to protect women in public, private, and digital areas, was formally launched by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- To kick off the Statewide project, he gathered a swarm of dedicated vehicles, including 10 cars, 40 motorcycles, and 20 bicycles outside the State Police Headquarters.
6. For the month of August, India will serve as President of the United Nations Security Council.
- On August 1, India will assume the Presidency of the United Nations Security Council, and during the month, it will hold landmark events in three important areas: maritime security, peacekeeping, and counterterrorism.
- On January 1, 2021, India began a two-year term as a non-permanent member of the Security Council. The August presidency would be India’s first as a non-permanent member of the Security Council during its term of 2021-22.
Banking & Finance News
7. Paytm Payments Bank has surpassed the one-billion-FASTags mark.
- Paytm Payments Bank said that it has become the first bank in the country to issue 1 crore FASTags. According to the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), all banks issued over 3.47 crore FASTags by the end of June 2021.
- Paytm Payments Bank is also India’s leading buyer of toll plazas for the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) programme, which provides a statewide interoperable toll payment solution.
8. SWIFT has launched SWIFT Go, a low-value cross-border payment solution that is quick and inexpensive.
- SWIFT announced the launch of SWIFT Go, a new service that allows small businesses and people to transmit low-value cross-border payments anywhere in the globe, directly from their bank accounts, in a fast, predictable, highly secure, and competitively priced manner.
- The new service is a direct reaction to the requirements of small businesses and customers for cross-border payments that are quick, straightforward, predictable, secure, and reasonably priced.
9. The Reserve Bank of India has approved the acquisition of an 8.23 percent interest in J&K Bank by the UT of Ladakh.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the government of the Union Territory of Ladakh’s acquisition of 8.23 percent of Jammu and Kashmir Bank Ltd’s paid-up equity capital on July 26, 2021.
- As of the date of execution of the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019, i.e. October 31, 2019, the J&K Government’s 8.23 percent (4,58,29,445 Equity Shares) interest in Jammu and Kashmir Bank will be handed to the Government of UT of Ladakh.
10. SVAAS Wellness and ICICI Lombard have partnered to provide cashless outpatient services.
- SVAAS Wellness, a subsidiary of Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, has partnered with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company to provide cashless outpatient treatments to health insurance policyholders.
- Dr. Reddy’s digital health service SVAAS will be launched as part of the cooperation, demonstrating ICICI Lombard’s deeper entrance into the wellness market.
11. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the licence of Madgaum Urban Cooperative Bank, which is situated in Goa. The cancellation will take effect on July 29, 2021.
- The decision was made because the bank had appropriate capital and earning possibilities, and it would be unable to pay its current depositors in full given its current financial situation, according to the RBI.
Business & Economy News
12. In collaboration with CBSE, Intel presents the ‘AI For All’ programme.
- Intel said that it has partnered with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to create the ‘AI For All’ programme, which aims to provide individuals in India with a fundamental grasp of artificial intelligence (AI).
- ‘AI For All’ is a 4-hour, self-paced learning session based on Intel’s ‘AI For Citizens’ curriculum that demystifies AI in an inclusive manner.
13. Maruti Suzuki India Limited has formed a cooperation with Maharashtra’s Savitribai Phule Pune University to train students in the automotive retail industry.
- The goal is to provide students with a customised three-year “Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Retail Management” programme.
14. Skylo and FISHCOPFED have teamed up to increase the safety and profitability of fisherman.
- Skylo, a developer of internet of things (IoT)-based solutions, announced a partnership with the National Federation of Fishers Cooperatives in India (FISHCOPFED) to improve fishermen’s safety, raise their income, and strengthen ecosystem sustainability.
- Skylo will offer IoT-based solutions to the marine fishing and aquaculture industries, such as monitoring oxygen and pH levels in ponds across states (aquaculture and inland fisheries), as well as improving fish yields and profitability for fish farmers.
15. Maldives FM (Maldives Radio) Abdulla Shahid is the 76th President of the United Nations General Assembly.
- Abdulla Shahid, the Foreign Minister of the Maldives, was chosen as President of the United Nations General Assembly’s 76th Session.
- Out of the total 191 votes cast in the 193-member General Assembly, 143 voted in his favor.
16. Najib Mikati is the next Prime Minister of Lebanon.
- In a Parliament election on July 26, 2021, billionaire businessman Najib Mikati was elected as Lebanon’s new prime minister.
- Out of a total of 118 members of parliament, the 65-year-old garnered 72 votes.
17. Vantika Agarwal wins the women’s national online chess championship, while Raahul takes the junior title.
- Vantika Agarwal, a Delhi native, has won the national women’s online chess championship. She received 9.5 points out of 11 rounds. Arpita Mukherjee of West Bengal and Sreeja Seshadri of Tamil Nadu took second and third place, respectively.
- VS Raahul of Tamil Nadu took first place in the Junior Open class with 9.5 points. With 9 points, International Master Bharath Subrahamaniam came in second, while Grandmaster P Iniyan, who recently represented the country at the World Cup, came in third.
Awards and Honours
18. Satpura Tiger Reserve in MP wins. Earth Heroes Award from Natwest
- Madhya Pradesh has achieved yet another milestone in the realm of environmental protection. The state’s Satpura Tiger Reserve won the Natwest Group Earth Heroes Award for finest management in the Earth Guardian category.
- It’s worth noting that the Satpura Tiger Reserve has been included in the list of potential World Heritage Sites. Satpura Tiger Reserve, in the Hoshangabad district, is 2130 square kilometers in size.
19. Mike Hendrick, a former England bowler, has died.
- Between 1974 and 1981, he played a key part in two of England’s Ashes series victories and grabbed 87 wickets in 30 Tests for his country.
- Hendrick was also Ireland’s first professional coach, having taken 770 wickets in 267 first-class matches and 35 wickets in 22 One-Day Internationals.
20. 30th July: World Day Against Human Trafficking
- Every year on July 30, the World Day Against Trafficking in Persons is commemorated to raise awareness about persons who are trafficked and seized against their will.
- This year’s World Day Against Human Trafficking in person theme is “Victims’ Voices Lead the Way.” It emphasizes the significance of sharing and learning from human trafficking survivors.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org