In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 31st July 2021 in detail.
1. The government intends to establish a National Research Foundation.
- The government is proposing to establish a National Research Foundation (NRF) to boost the country’s research ecosystem, according to Union Minister of Education Dharmendra Pradhan.
- Over a five-year span, the National Research Foundation proposes to spend Rs 50,000 crore.
2. India’s 14 tiger reserves have been recognised by the Global Conservation Assured Tiger Standards (CA|TS).
- On the occasion of International Tiger Day on July 29, 2021, 14 tiger reserves in India have been accredited by the Global Conservation Assured Tiger Standards (CA|TS).
3. GI-tagged For the first time, Nagaland’s King Chilli ‘Raja Mircha’ was exported to London.
- On July 28, 2021, a batch of Nagaland’s ‘Raja Mircha,’ also known as king chilli, was air-exported to London for the first time, boosting exports of Geographical Indications (GI) commodities from the north-eastern province.
- The King Chilli is the world’s hottest chilli, according to Scoville Heat Units (SHUs), and is always in the top five on the list of the world’s hottest chillies.
4. Intel partners with the Ministry of Education and the CBSE to launch the ‘AI For All’ campaign.
- A company that makes chips Intel has partnered with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the Ministry of Education to create the ‘AI For All’ programme, which aims to raise awareness and provide a fundamental understanding of artificial intelligence (AI) to all Indians.
- The ‘AI For All’ curriculum is a four-hour self-paced online learning programme that introduces AI in a straightforward and accessible manner. AI Awareness (1.5 hours) and AI Appreciation (1.5 hours) are the two portions of the course (2.5 hours).
5. The government wants to use digitised land records to develop a national farmers database: Tomar, Narendra Singh
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar stated that the government intends to develop a national database of farmers and is working on a data strategy for the agricultural industry.
- The government plans to develop a federated National Farmers Database, with digitised land records serving as data attributes.
6. Goa’s government partners with Jio Embibe to offer AI-based learning to students.
- Chief Minister Pramod Sawant addressed the Legislative Assembly that the Goa government has inked an MoU with Edu-tech platform Jio Embibe for adaptive learning based on Artificial Intelligence for pupils.
- According to Sawant, the agreement provides students in grades 6 through 12 with access to a unique site for learning disciplines such as mathematics and science.
7. The 12th INDRA NAVY EXERCISE was undertaken in the Baltic Sea between India and Russia.
- From July 28 to 29, 2021, the 12th edition of the biennial bilateral maritime exercise INDRA NAVY between the Indian Navy and the Russian Navy was placed in the Baltic Sea.
- The stealth Frigate INS Tabar represented the Indian Navy.
8. In the Indian Ocean, the 36th edition of CORPAT between India and Indonesia begins.
- The 36th edition of CORPAT will take place in the Indian Ocean region on July 30 and 31, 2021, between India and Indonesia.
- The Indian Naval Ship (INS) Saryu, an indigenously built Offshore Patrol Vessel, is patrolling with the Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Bung Tomo (CORPAT).
Banking & Finance News
9. FamPay and Visa have teamed up to develop India’s first Doodle card.
- FamPay, a fintech startup focused on online and offline card payments for teenagers, has launched India’s first Visa prepaid card for teenagers, FamCard Me, which has customised doodles.
- Teens in India will be able to use the card to make NFC-enabled contactless payments on the Visa network.
10. Yes Bank and Indiabulls Housing Finance have agreed to collaborate on financing.
- Yes Bank and Indiabulls Housing Finance have formed a home loan co-lending partnership.
- The alliance intends to combine expertise in order to give retail home loan consumers a more efficient and seamless experience.
11. The LIC CSL has begun operations. IDBI Bank-powered co-branded RuPay credit cards
- IDBI Bank and LIC Cards Services Limited (LIC-CSL) have announced the launch of two new co-branded RuPay credit cards.
- The LIC CSL ‘Eclat’ Select Credit Card and the ‘Lumine’ Platinum Credit Card will be the names of this LIC card. According to the press release, credit cardholders will get access to a slew of new features that have been dubbed “best in class.”
12. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has approved Rs 446 crore for drinking water projects in Punjab.
- The Punjab regional office of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has approved Rs 445.89 crore from the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for five large surface-based drinking water projects in the Punjab districts of Ferozpur, Fazilka, Hoshirapur, and Rupnagar.
- These initiatives aim to offer 70 litres of potable drinking water per capita per day at the consumer level via functional household tap connections to a rural population of 10.39 lakh people in 700 villages.
Business & Economy News
13. Nasscom collaborates with the UK government and the UK India Business Council in the IT industry.
- Nasscom announced that it has worked with the UK Government’s Department for International Trade (DIT) and the UK India Business Council (UKIBC) to address the country’s digital skills gap.
- IT company structure Nasscom said it had worked with the UK Government’s Department for International Trade (DIT) and the UK India Business Council (UKIBC) to address the country’s digital skills gap. A two-day digital college tour focused on acquiring knowledge for the Indian tech industry was organised.
14. FTCCI signs a trade promotion agreement with the Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce.
- The Federation of Telangana Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FTCCI) and the Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Investment (ACCI) have signed a cooperation agreement (ACCI).
- During the seminar, the state industrial body and the Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Investment signed a cooperation agreement (ACCI).
15. Guido Bellido has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Peru by President Pedro Castillo.
- On July 29, 2021, Peru’s newly sworn-in President, Pedro Castillo, appointed Guido Bellido as the country’s new prime minister.
- Castillo won the presidency with the Marxist-Leninist Free Peru party.
16. Vantika Agarwal has won the first Women’s National Online Chess Championship.
- Vantika Agarwal of Delhi won the first National women’s online chess championship, held by the All India Chess Federation (AICF) from July 26 to 28, 2021.
- Vantika received a 9.5 out of a possible 11 points.
Awards and Honours
17. Anand Radhakrishnan, a graphic artist, has won the coveted Eisner Award.
- Anand Radhakrishnan, a Mumbai-based visual artist and illustrator, earned the Will Eisner Comic Industry Award.
- John Pearson, another UK-based colorist, split the award with Radhakrishnan.
18. Asha Bhosle will get the Maharashtra Bhushan award.
- The Maharashtra government bestowed the Maharashtra Bhushan award, the state government’s highest honour, on singer Asha Bhosle for the year 2020.
- The award, which was established by the State government in 1996 to recognise exceptional effort and achievements of notable people from all walks of life in the state, comes with a monetary prize of ten lakh rupees and a citation.
19. Mike Hendrick, a former England pace bowler, has died at the age of 72.
- Mike Hendrick, a former England fast bowler, has died as a result of health problems. He was 72 years old at the time.
- From 1973 to 1981, Hendrick represented England in 30 Tests and 22 One Day Internationals.
20. 31st July: World Ranger Day
- Every year on July 31, World Ranger Day is commemorated.
- The purpose of this ceremony is to honour the Rangers who have been killed or injured while on duty, as well as to honour the work that Rangers do to conserve the world’s natural and cultural heritage.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : email@example.com