In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 5th June 2021 in detail.
1. India has cleared a ‘landmark’ project for Rs 43,000 crore to build six high-tech submarines.
- In a landmark decision aimed at dramatically enhancing India’s naval strength in the face of China’s fast-developing maritime capabilities, the Defence Ministry approved a massive project to domestically build six conventional submarines for the Indian Navy at a cost of roughly Rs 43,000 crore.
- The submarines will be produced under the much-discussed strategic partnership model, which permits domestic defense manufacturers to collaborate with prominent global defense companies to develop high-end military platforms and minimize reliance on imports.
2. Kerala is at the top of the NITI Aayog’s SDG India Index for 2020–21.
- On June 3, 2021, Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Vice-Chairman of the NITI Aayog, released the third edition of the SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21.
- The index’s main goal is to track and rank how far states and union territories have progressed toward meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Partnerships in the Decade of Action is the theme of the SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21.
3. Gujarat’s Vishwamitri river project has been approved by the National Green Tribunal.
- The National Green Tribunal has given the government three months to implement the “Vishwamitri River Action Plan” in Vadodra, which includes actions for removing unauthorized buildings, demarcating the flood plain zone, and protecting the flood plain zone.
- The Vishwamitri river is one of 351 contaminated river lengths designated by the Central Pollution Control Board, according to a bench led by NGT Chairperson Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel.
4. To enhance digital learning, the Lt Governor of Ladakh has launched the YounTab initiative for students.
- RK Mathur, the Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh, has introduced the YounTab program for students in the Union Territory. As part of the first phase of the YounTab Scheme, he delivered tablets to students in grades 9 to 12. The scheme will benefit a total of 12 thousand 300 pupils in government institutions from grades 6 to 12.
- The YounTab plan was created to promote digital learning, close the digital divide between connected and unconnected people, and reduce the effects of the Covid pandemic.
5. The government has increased the validity of the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) from 7 to Lifetime.
- The validity duration of the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) qualifying certificate has been extended from the current 7 years to lifetime with retrospective effect from 2011, according to Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
- The state governments and union territories will now take the appropriate steps to award new TET certificates to candidates whose 7-year tenure has already expired.
6. Along the LAC, China instals an integrated air defence system.
- China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has combined elements of the air force and army to form a combined air defense system for its western theatre command, which is in charge of operations along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), the latest in a series of moves indicating a strengthening of its positions in the region.
- China has established an integrated army air defense system along its western frontiers for the first time.
Banking & Finance
7. ICICI Bank will provide instant service for cross-border remittances.
- According to a press release issued on June 2, 2021, ICICI Bank has partnered with SWIFT to provide a quick service for cross-border inward remittances.
- This feature assists international partner banks in sending remittances on behalf of their clients to Indian beneficiaries in real-time.
8. Bharti AXA Life and Shivalik Small Finance Bank have signed a bancassurance agreement.
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance, a private life insurer, has formed a bancassurance agreement with Shivalik Small Finance Bank to distribute its life insurance products through the bank’s pan-India branch network.
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance will provide Shivalik Small Finance Bank customers its suite of life insurance products, including protection, health, savings, and investment plans, through its 31 branches and digital network across the country.
9. IPPB and Mahindra Rural Housing Finance have partnered to provide a cash management system.
- India Post Payments Bank and Mahindra Rural Housing Finance have launched strategic cooperation for cash management solutions.
- IPPB will supply MRHFL with cash management and collection services through its access points and postal service providers as part of the agreement.
Business & Economy News
10.Wipro is the third Indian IT company to have a market capitalization of Rs 3 trillion.
- Wipro has surpassed Rs 3 trillion in market capitalization for the first time, joining Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys as the third Indian IT firm to do so.
- Wipro’s stock rose 1.27 percent to Rs 550 in early trade on the BSE, from a previous close of Rs 543.05. It had a market capitalization of Rs 3.01 trillion at the time.
11. The first-ever APAC cybersecurity council has been established by Microsoft.
- Microsoft has established the first Asia Pacific Public Sector Cyber Security Executive Council with the goal of establishing a strong communication channel for tackling cyber risks and sharing best practises among member countries.
- The group, which includes policymakers and influencers from Brunei, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand, as well as cybersecurity experts, intends to promote public-private cybersecurity cooperation and share threat intelligence.
12. Vice Chief is Air Marshal VR Chaudhari.
- Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari has been named the next Vice Chief of Air Staff at Air Headquarters, bringing a series of changes to the Indian Air Force’s top leadership.
- Two new commanders-in-chief would also be on their way to their new jobs as Director General Air Operations. At the Western Command in Delhi, Air Marshal Ballabha Radha Krishna will succeed Chaudhari, while the Central Air Command in Prayagraj will be led by Air Marshal RJ Duckworth.
13. Paresh B Lal is the new India Grievance Officer of WhatsApp.
- On its website, WhatsApp has nominated Paresh B Lal as its India grievance officer. The move coincides with the implementation of new IT laws that require big social media intermediaries – those with more than 50 lakh users – to hire a grievance officer, nodal officer, and chief compliance officer.
14. Dr. Vinay K Nandicoori has been named Director of the CCMB.
- The CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) in Hyderabad has a new director, Dr. Vinay K Nandicoori. He is a well-known molecular biologist who worked at the DBT-National Institute of Immunology in New Delhi as a scientist.
- Dr. Nandicoori’s study focuses on molecular signaling networks in Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the bacteria that causes tuberculosis. His research has gained national and worldwide acclaim and relevance.
15. RS Sodhi of Amul has been elected to the board of the International Dairy Federation.
- During its general assembly on June 1, the International Dairy Federation (IDF) unanimously elected R S Sodhi, managing director of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd or GCMMF, which sells Amul branded products in India, to its board of directors.
- He is a graduate of the Anand Institute of Rural Management (IRMA). After finishing his post-graduation at IRMA, he joined GCMMF (Amul) in 1982.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
16. Sandhayak, an Indian Navy hydrographic survey ship, has been decommissioned. After 40 years of dedicated service,
- After 40 years of service, the Indian Navy’s hydrographic survey ship Sandhayak was decommissioned at the navy dockyard in Visakhapatnam.
- During its commissioned service, the ship conducted over 200 major hydrographic surveys and several small surveys around the country’s east and west coasts, in the Andaman Seas, and in neighbouring nations.
17. The government has launched a WhatsApp app called X-Ray Setu to detect COVID-19 patients in locations where RT-PCR tests are not available.
- The government has launched the X-Ray Setu, an artificial intelligence-based system that can be controlled via WhatsApp. The government intends to enroll 10,000 clinicians in small communities where RT-PCR and CT Scans are not available for COVID detection as part of this effort.
- This will be a useful tool for rural doctors who are having trouble finding covid detection equipment. For this, the government has teamed with Artpark and Niramai, a non-profit organization.
18. GN Rangarajan, a Tamil director, has died.
- Seasoned veteran GN Rangarajan, a Tamil filmmaker, died in Chennai owing to age-related illness. He was 90 years old.
- Rangarajan began his career in the film industry by aiding legendary filmmaker A. Bhimsingh in the 1950s. Later, he worked as an assistant to filmmaker S. P. Muthurama until striking out on his own in the late 1970s. In 1979, he made his directorial debut with Kalyanaraman, a supernatural comedy starring Kamal Haasan.
19. Anerood Jugnauth, the former President of Mauritius, has died.
- Former President and Prime Minister of Mauritius, Sir Anerood Jugnauth, has died. He was 91 years old when he died.
- In 2020, Jugnauth was awarded India’s second-highest civilian honor, the Padma Vibhushan, for his service as President of Mauritius twice and Prime Minister six times.
20. Today is World Environment Day.
- Every year on June 5th, World Environment Day is observed to promote environmental awareness and conservation.
- The subject of World Environment Day 2021 is “Ecosystem Restoration,” and Pakistan will host the event.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org