In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 6th June 2021 in detail.
1. On the occasion of WED 2021, Prime Minister Modi inaugurates three E-100 ethanol dispensing stations in Pune as part of a pilot project.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivered a virtual speech at the World Environment Day event, which was co-hosted by the Ministries of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- PM Modi also unveiled the “Report of the Expert Committee on the Road Map for Ethanol Blending in India 2020-2025” at the event.
2. Anurag Singh Thakur introduces IEFPA’s “Hisab Ki Kitaab” series of six short films.
- Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs, unveiled the “Hisaab Ki Kitaab” series of six short films produced by the Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA).
- Common Services Centers (CSC) eGov created these short films as part of their training product.
3. The Chief Minister of Bihar has announced a 33 percent reservation for female students in engineering and medical institutes.
- Girls will be given priority in engineering and medical institutes in Bihar, according to the state government.
- Nitish Kumar, the state’s chief minister, has agreed to offer girls a 33% reservation at the state’s engineering and medical colleges.
4. MAPS will be implemented by the Maharashtra government to provide jobs and training to the state’s youth.
- With the goal of giving employment and training to the state’s young, the Maharashtra government has chosen to launch the Maharashtra Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (MAPS).
- Apprenticeship opportunities would be provided to 1 lakh youth in various companies and institutions in the state under this scheme this year.
5. Indus Best Mega Food Park in Raipur, Chhattisgarh, was inaugurated by Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar.
- Industries that deal with food In the Tilda block of Raipur district in Chhattisgarh, Minister Narendra Singh Tomar virtually inaugurated the Indus Best Mega Food Park.
- The Mega Food Park will add value to farm food by providing a longer shelf life, improved price realization for farmers, good storage facilities, and an alternative market for farmers in the region.
6. The International Financial Services Centres Authority receives the report of the Expert Committee on Variable Capital Companies (IFSCA)
- Dr. K.P. Krishnan’s expert committee on Variable Capital Companies has presented a report to Shri. Injeti Srinivas, Chairperson of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), on the feasibility of Variable Capital Companies in the International Financial Services Centres.
- This Committee was formed by the IFSCA to look at the possibility of enabling another legal structure, called as a variable capital corporation (VCC), to be used by asset managers to pool assets from investors.
Banking & Finance
7. For the Seafarer market, Federal Bank has introduced an exclusive NR savings account program.
- This scheme is designed specifically for mariners, and its services are combined with cutting-edge digital banking platforms that allow mariners to conduct seamless banking transactions regardless of geo-coordinates or time zone differences.
8. In Odisha, Nabard has sanctioned Rs 254 crore for drinking water projects.
- According to official sources, Nabard has sanctioned Rs 254 crore to Odisha under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for the establishment of two large piped drinking water delivery projects.
- The two big projects will be built in Jajpur (encompassing Badachana and Dharmasala blocks) and Puri (covering Badachana and Dharmasala blocks) (covering Brahmagiri and Krushnaprasad block).
9. ICICI Bank and SWIFT have teamed up to deliver instant cross-border inward remittances.
- The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT) has partnered with ICICI Bank to offer the ‘SWIFT gpi Instant’ capability for cross-border inward payments.
- This facility enables abroad partner banks to send instant remittances on behalf of their clients to a recipient in India, and the beneficiary’s bank account would be credited immediately.
Business & Economy News
10. Sebi Signs Agreement With CSSF And Luxembourg To Strengthen Securities Regulation Cooperation
- Sebi announced that it has inked an initial agreement for mutual collaboration and technical support with the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), the Luxembourg financial sector supervisory authority.
- According to a statement from Sebi, the goal of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is to promote cross-border collaboration in the area of securities regulation.
11. Bill Gates and the European Union have pledged a $1 billion investment in green technologies.
- According to the European Commission, the European Union and a Bill Gates-founded energy investment initiative seek to raise up to $1 billion to roll out low-carbon technologies that Europe is relying on to accomplish its climate change targets.
- Breakthrough Energy, which was founded by Bill Gates, would employ private cash and charity contributions to match EU financing. From 2022 through 2026, the goal is to contribute a total of €820 million, or $1 billion.
12. Facebook India has launched a program for law students called Tech Scholars.
- Facebook India has announced the beginning of a new project to provide students from the country’s top legal schools with a venue for study and mentorship on technology law and policy issues. Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co is a knowledge partner for the Facebook India Tech Scholars (FITS) program.
- The program’s goal is to create a venue for study and mentoring on themes connected to technology law and policy for students from the country’s best law schools.
13. Vice Chief of Air Staff Vivek Ram Chaudhari has been appointed.
- Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari, an accomplished fighter pilot, has been named the next Vice Chief of the Air Staff by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- Air Marshal HS Arora, who will retire on June 30, 2021, will be replaced by Chaudhari.
14. Novak Djokovic beat Molcan to win his 83rd career championship in the Belgrade Open.
- Number one in the world Novak Djokovic won the Belgrade Open for the 83rd time after defeating Alex Molcan in the final.
- At the Novak Tennis Center, the Serbian master defeated first-time ATP Tour finalist Alex Molcan 6-4, 6-3 in 88 minutes.
Awards & Honours News
15. David Diop, a French writer, has won the International Booker Prize.
- With his World War I-set novel, At Night All Blood is Black, French novelist David Diop won the coveted International Booker Prize for books translated into English.
- In a ceremony streamed live online from Coventry Cathedral in central England, the Paris-born writer became the first French winner of the prize, which is given for a book translated into English and published in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
16. Thomas Vijayan, an Indian-origin photographer, has been named Nature TTL Photographer of the Year 2021.
- based in Kerala For his photograph of an Orangutan clinging to a tree, Thomas Vijayan, who is currently based in Canada, received the 2021 Nature TTL Photography Awards.
- The image is titled ‘The World Is Turning Inside Out.’
17. June 6th is International Russian Language Day at the United Nations.
- Every year on June 6th, the United Nations celebrates Russian Language Day.
- It is one of the United Nation’s six official languages used within the organization.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) created the day in 2010.
18. June 6th is World Pest Day.
- Every year on June 6, World Pest Day (also known as World Pest Awareness Day) is commemorated.
- The Federation of Asian and Oceania Pest Managers’ Association (FAOPMA), the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), and the Confederation of European Pest Management Associations co-sponsored World Pest Day, which was started by the Chinese Pest Control Association (CEPA).
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links
|Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org