In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 7th January 2022 in detail.
1. The Kerala High Court became the first paperless court in India.
- The Kerala High Court is on its way to becoming the first paperless court in India. The smart courtrooms were launched on January 1, 2022, by Supreme Court Justice DY Chandrachud.
- Six courtrooms, including the Chief Justice’s chamber, will be turned into smart courts in the first phase. Lawyers will also be able to access case files on a computer screen.
2. In Hyderabad, Sarbananda Sonowal lay the foundation stone for the International Yoga Academy.
- In Hyderabad, Telangana, Ayush Minister Sarbananda Sonowal lay the foundation stone for the Heartfulness International Yoga Academy.
- As part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, he also announced a 75-crore suryanamaskar initiative.
- The school will use training programmes to reach out to people from all walks of life, and they will be overseen by an international staff.
3. HPSIDC signed an MoU with SAIL for the supply of steel; Himachal Pradesh CM unveiled UNNATI portal, website, and mobile app; HPSIDC signed an MoU with SAIL for the supply of steel.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur has launched the Himachal Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation Limited’s UNNATI portal, website, and mobile application (HPSIDC).
- The UNNATI portal will allow users to collaborate with others while focusing on their own initiatives.
4. The theme of National Science Day 2022 was unveiled by Jitendra Singh.
- Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of Science and Technology, launched the theme of National Science Day 2022 in New Delhi, raising public awareness of scientific issues.
- Every year on February 28th, National Science Day (NSD) commemorates the discovery of the Raman effect.
5. Google paid $500 million for Israeli cybersecurity startup Siemplify.
- Google, which is controlled by Alphabet Inc, has paid $500 million for Israeli cybersecurity startup Siemplify.
- In the face of escalating cyber-attacks, this acquisition will broaden the IT giant’s security services in the country. Google Cloud’s Chronicle operation will be connected with Siemplify.
Banking & Finance News
6. NTPC is planning to buy a 5% interest in Power Exchange India Limited.
- NTPC Limited (previously known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) is planning to buy up to 5% of Power Exchange India Limited’s equity (PXIL).
- PXIL is India’s first institutionalised power exchange, offering electricity trading services and connecting buyers and sellers.
7. RIL has launched India Inc’s largest bond offering outside of India.
- Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) planned a major bond offering to raise USD 3 to 5 billion from international investors.
- The transaction is being billed as India’s largest-ever foreign currency bond offering and the first financing by an Indian company in 2022.
8. The ‘#BahaneChhodoTaxBachao’ campaign was launched by SBI General Insurance.
- To raise awareness about the importance of buying health insurance to avoid tax, State Bank of India General Insurance Company Ltd created a campaign called “#BahaneChhodoTaxBachao.”
- It will also emphasise the various advantages of purchasing health insurance. The commercial features anchor Rudraksh Singh nicknamed Rudy in a quirky Vox Pop format.
9. Atul Keshap has been named president of the United States-India Business Council (USIBC)
- According to the US Chamber of Commerce, former US envoy to India Atul Keshap has been named President of the US-India Business Council (USIBC).
- Ambassador Keshap was most recently the United States Charge d’Affaires to India in New Delhi, where he led the US Embassy team. He is a 28-year veteran of the US Department of State and has held a variety of senior government roles.
10. The Shanghai Cooperation Organization’s Secretary-General, Zhang Ming, has taken office.
- Zhang Ming, a veteran Chinese diplomat, has been named Secretary-General of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) for a three-year term beginning January 1, 2021.
- He succeeded Vladimir Norov, a former Uzbek diplomat. He was the chief of the Chinese mission to the European Union before joining the SCO.
11. Chairman of the Commission on Agricultural Costs and Prices, Vijay Paul Sharma, has been reappointed (CACP)
- Vijay Paul Sharma, who resigned as Chairman of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP) in May 2021 after serving a five-year term, has been reappointed by the Central Government (2016-2021).
- Vijay Paul Sharma is also a professor at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM-A) in Gujarat, where he teaches in the Agriculture department.
12. India took part in the ‘Sea Dragon’ 2022 exercise in the Western Pacific, which was held in Guam.
- In the Western Pacific, India is taking part in the international exercise Sea Dragon 2022.
- The United States, Australia, Canada, India, Japan, and South Korea are among the six nations taking part in the drill.
Awards & Honours News
13. The Indian Express Group has made an announcement. Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards (Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards)
- The Indian Express Group has announced the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards (RNG Awards) for journalists throughout the country for their work in 2019.
- The RNG awards are one of India’s most distinguished journalism honours, held annually since 1989.
Books & Authors News
14. Dhirendra Jha has written a new book named “Gandhi’s Assassin: The Making of Nathuram Godse and His Idea of India.”
- “Gandhi’s Assassin: The Making of Nathuram Godse and His Idea of India,” by Dhirendra K. Jha, a Delhi-based journalist, is a new book.
- Godse’s relationship with the groups that inspired his views and gave him a sense of purpose is explored in the book, as well as the progressive hardening of Godse’s resolve that culminated to Mahatma Gandhi’s killing.
15. Neil Nongkynrih, the founder of the Shillong Chamber Choir, died.
- Neil Nongkynrih, the founder of the Shillong Chamber Choir (SCC) and a renowned Indian concert pianist, died in Mumbai, Maharashtra, at the age of 51.
- During former US President Barack Obama’s and Michelle Obama’s visit to India in 2010, SCC performed for them. During the live transmission programme of Indian space rocket Chandrayaan – 2’s arrival on the moon, SCC’s version of ‘Vande Maataram’ was played.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org