In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 7th June 2021 in detail.
1. Kerala has launched the Knowledge Economy Mission in order to increase job opportunities.
- Kerala’s state government launched the Knowledge Economy Mission to consolidate efforts to employ educated people and support “knowledge workers” under a single initiative.
- Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (K-DISC) was in charge of it, and they will present a detailed project report by July 15.
2. India has launched a global renewable energy innovation drive.
- India announced the Innovation CleanTech Exchange Mission, a global project to build a network of clean energy incubators among member countries.
- The network, which was inaugurated online at Chile’s Innovating to Net Zero Summit, will give innovative innovations access to the expertise and market insights they need to succeed in new markets throughout the world.
3. As a trial project, Prime Minister Modi will open three ethanol stations in Pune.
- On the occasion of World Environment Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched three E100 ethanol dispensing stations in Pune through a video conference.
- One ethanol distribution station is located near the Samgamwadi fuel pump, another is located in Chowisawadi hamlet, and the third is located on Wesley road.
4. The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana has been extended by the government until Deepawali.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, a food security benefit initiative that provided free rations to nearly 80 million impoverished people last year, will be extended till Diwali 2021.
- The Prime Minister made this remark after announcing that, beginning June 21, the Union government will distribute free coronavirus vaccine to states for inoculation of all adults over the age of 18, and that vaccine supplies in the country will be greatly expanded in the coming days.
5. India drops two places to 117th place in terms of meeting the Sustainable Development Goals.
- According to a new analysis, India’s ranking has dropped two places from last year to 117 on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) agreed as part of the 2030 agenda by 193 UN member states in 2015.
- According to the State of India’s Environment Report 2021, India was ranked 115 last year, down two places from the previous year. According to the report, India is ranked below four South Asian countries: Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh. India’s overall SDG score is 61.9 out of 100.
Banking & Finance News
6. The World Bank has approved a $500 million scheme to help India’s MSME sector grow.
- A USD 500 million program to aid India’s MSME sector has been authorized by the World Bank.
- The program aims to improve the performance of 500,000 small and medium-sized businesses. More than 40% of the country’s 58 million MSMEs do not have access to formal sources of credit.
Business & Economy News
7. The Gujarat government and Indian Oil Corporation Limited have signed an agreement to establish six petrochemical projects.
- The Gujarat government and Indian Oil Corporation Limited have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to establish six petrochemical plants.
- With a total investment of Rs. 24,000 crore, these projects would be built in and around Vadodara.
8. For the month of May 2021, GST revenue are expected to reach Rs 1.03 lakh crore.
- May’s goods and service tax revenues totaled Rs 1,02,709 crore, making it the seventh month in a row that receipts had over Rs 1 lakh crore.
- Despite many states being under lockdown owing to the Covid epidemic, the finance ministry said the receipts were 65 percent more than GST receipts in the same month.
9. As Director General Naval Operations, Vice Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar takes over.
- As Director General Naval Operations, Vice Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar assumed command.
- He was commissioned into the Indian Navy in January 1987 after graduating from the National Defense Academy at Khadakwasla, Pune.
10. Ranjitsinh Disale has been named to the World Bank’s Education Advisory Board.
- Ranjitsinh Disale, a primary school teacher from Solapur, Maharashtra, was named World Bank Education Advisor for the period June 2021 to June 2024.
- For his efforts to promote females’ education and spark a QR-coded textbook revolution in India, Disale, 32, was named the winner of the Global Teacher Prize 2020.
11. Vishwavir Ahuja’s re-appointment as MD of RBL Bank has been approved by the RBI.
- The Reserve Bank of India has accepted Vishwavir Ahuja’s appointment as RBL Bank’s Managing Director and CEO for a one-year term beginning June 30, 2021.
- Since June 30, 2010, he has served as the Managing Director and CEO of RBL Bank. Ahuja was the Managing Director and CEO of Bank of America in India before joining RBL Bank.
12. Sami Khedira, Germany’s FIFA World Cup Champion, has announced his retirement.
- Sami Khedira, Germany’s World Cup-winning midfielder, has announced that he will retire after Hertha Berlin’s final Bundesliga match against Hoffenheim.
- Khedira, 34, started his career at VfB Stuttgart, where he helped them win the Bundesliga title in 2006-07. He then moved to Real Madrid, where he won the league and the Champions League during a trophy-laden time.
13. Sergio Pérez is the winner of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix in 2021.
- Sergio Perez of Red Bull won a tumultuous Azerbaijan Grand Prix, which saw both Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton fail to finish. Perez’s first victory since joining Red Bull came in this race.
- The surprising podium was completed by Sebastian Vettel for Aston Martin and Pierre Gasly for Alpha Tauri.
Awards & Honours News
14. Thomas Vijayan of Kerala was named Nature TTL Photographer of the Year 2021.
- Thomas Vijayan, a Kerala native who currently resides in Canada, has won the 2021 Nature TTL Photography Awards for his shot of an Orangutan clinging to a branch, titled ‘The World is Going Upside Down.’
- Vijayan was named the overall winner of the Nature TTL Photographer of the Year 2021 competition, which had over 8,000 entries and a cash prize of 1,500 pounds (Rs.1.5 lakh).
Books & Authors News
15. Vinod Kapri’s book “1232 km: The Long Journey Home”
- Filmmaker Vinod Kapri’s book, titled “1232 km: The Long Journey Home,” was recently published.
- This book follows the journey of seven Bihar migrant laborers who rode their bicycles back home and arrived at their destination after seven days. Harper Collins is the publisher of the book.
16. Today is World Food Safety Day.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the ‘World Food Safety Day’ is held annually on June 7 to promote awareness about foodborne dangers and to help prevent, diagnose, and control adverse illness, thereby contributing to sustainable human development through good food security.
- The topic for World Food Safety Day in 2021 is “Safe food today, for a healthy tomorrow.” The World Health Organization (WHO) emphasises that the production and consumption of safe food benefits people, the environment, and the economy in the short and long term.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org