In this article, we will discuss all the important current affairs of 9th June 2021 in detail.
1. Assam’s Chief Minister, Himanta Biswa Sarma, has declared Raimona Reserve Forest as the state’s sixth national park.
- Assam’s Raimona Reserve Forest has been designated as a National Park. Assam will now have its sixth National Park.
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma made the announcement on June 5, 2021, in honour of World Environment Day.
2. In the Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2021, IISc, Bengaluru was named the best Indian university.
- Three Indian universities were ranked among the top 100 universities in Asia in the Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Rankings 2021, which were issued on June 2, 2021.
- Although a record number of 63 Indian colleges were included in the list for 2021, none of them made the top ten.
3. Performance Grading Index (PGI) 2019-20 for States and Union Territories is released by Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
- On June 6, 2021, Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ unveiled the 2021 Performance Grading Index (PGI).
- The PGI index evaluates state education performance using data from a variety of sources, including the Unified District Information System for Education Plus, the National Achievement Survey, and the Mid-Day Meal.
4. In July 2022, the Indian Navy will receive three MH-60 ‘Romeo’ multi-role helicopters from the United States.
- In July 2022, the United States of America (USA) will give over three of the 24 MH-60 Romeo helicopters to the Indian Naval Force.
- India and the United States agreed to buy 24 Lockheed Martin MH-60 Romeo helicopters for Rs 15,157 crore ($2.13 billion) in February 2020.
Banking & Finance News
5. The NITI Aayog suggests that the Central Bank and Indian Overseas Bank be privatized.
- Think tank run by the government As part of the disinvestment process stated in the Union Budget 2021-22, NITI Aayog has proposed the names of the Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) for privatization in the current fiscal year (2021-22).
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the privatisation of two public sector banks (PSBs) and one general insurance business in 2021-22 as part of the new PSE (Public Sector Enterprise) policy for ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ in her Budget address for 2021-22.
6. Bank of India and Punjab National Bank have been fined Rs 6 crore by the Reserve Bank of India for violating norms.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has levied a monetary penalty of Rs 6 crore on the Bank of India and Punjab National Bank for violating “Frauds Classification and Reporting” guidelines.
- Bank of India has been fined Rs 4 crore, while Punjab National Bank has been fined Rs 2 crore.
7. India has been elected to the United Nations Economic and Social Council for the year 2022-2024.
- India has been elected to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), one of the UN’s six main organizations, for three-year terms running from 2022 to 2024.
- The UNGA elected India, together with Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, and Oman, to the 54-member ECOSOC on June 7, 2021, in the Asia-Pacific States category.
8. Abdulla Shahid, the Foreign Minister of the Maldives, was elected President of the United Nations General Assembly for the 76th session.
- Abdulla Shahid, the Maldives’ Foreign Minister, has been elected as the new President of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
- Shahid was elected President of the 76th United Nations General Assembly with 143 votes out of 191 cast.
9. Sanjeev Sahai has been appointed as the new Chairman of the PNGRB, the oil regulator.
- Sanjeev Nandan Sahai, a former electricity secretary, has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB).
- On January 31, 2021, Sahai, an IAS officer from the 1986 batch, retired as Secretary in the Ministry of Power.
10. Hitendra Dave has been appointed as the new CEO of HSBC India Business.
- Hitendra Dave has been named chief executive officer (CEO) of HSBC India by the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd. (HSBC).
- Dave’s nomination, however, is subject to regulatory clearance, and until then, he will serve as interim CEO, beginning on June 7, 2021.
11. In January 2024, the inaugural FIH Hockey5s World Cup will be held in Oman.
- The International Hockey Federation has chosen Muscat, Oman’s capital city, as the host city for the inaugural Hockey5s World Cups (Men and Women) (FIH).
- In January 2024, the World Cup will be held.
12. 09 June is World Accreditation Day (WAD).
- Every year on June 9th, World Certification Day (WAD) is observed to promote the importance of accreditation in trade and the economy.
- “Accreditation: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals” is the theme for WAD 2021. (SDGs). ”.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org