MCQ on Current Affairs of 26th April 2021 by Bidyasagar Classes,Bhubaneswar
1. Recently the Central government froze the dearness allowance (DA) for its 4.8 million employees and 6.5 million pensioners at 17 per cent till which date?
A)July 1,2021 B)June 1,2021
C)December 31,2020 D)February 1,2021
2. Who will head the National Shipping Board that has been reconstituted by the government?
A)Rakesh Mishra B)Malini Shankar
C)Arundhati Roy D)Arundhay Jha
3. Recently the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed and opened a new permanent bridge on which river to connect remote Punjab enclave with country?
4. The Parliamentarian from Ladakh, Jamyang Tsering Namgyal, started which initiative to distribute masks and hand sanitisers to all households in the area and create awareness among people on ways to check coronavirus pandemic?
A)MP Cares B)PM Cares
C)Ladakh Cares D)India Cares
5. Which country hosted the SAARC Health ministers meeting in which India participated?
6. How much amount was approved by World Bank for Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project?
A)₹610 cr B)₹540 cr
C)₹560 cr D)₹585 cr
7. Which Insurance Company launched BAGIC GOQii Co-pay Option’ under regulatory sandbox?
A)United India Insurance
B)National Insurance Company Limited
D)Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
8. Which telecom company tied up with Paytm to launch ‘Recharge Saathi’?
C)Airtel D)Vodafone Idea
9. Who was appointed as the Central Vigilance Commissioner, head of the country’s anti-corruption watchdog?
A)Rakesh Singh B)Sanjay Kothari
C)Vikas Chaturvedi D)RK Singh
10. Which space agency developed high-pressure ventilator to fight COVID-19 known as VITAL?
11. Which application was developed by CISF that enables movement of files and documents without physical touch?
A)e karyalay B)e office
C)e setu D)e file
12. Recently Ronojay Ronny Roy passed away.He was related to which field?
13. Recently Basanta Das passed away,He was related to which field?
14. What is the theme of this year’s International Girls in ICT day?
A)Expand Horizons, Change Attitudes
B)Girls in ICT DAY
C)Promote Tech Studies
D)Expand The initiatives
15.What is the theme of this year’s World Immunization Week 2020?
A)Vaccines Work for all B)Protected Together
C)Vaccine Heroes D)Protect people against disease
16. What is the theme of this year’s World Malaria Day?
A)End Malaria for good B)Malaria and Protection
C)Ready to Beat Malaria D)Zero Malaria Starts With Me
17. Recently which state celebrated In Khongjom Day”?
18. Where is the HQ of SAARC?
19. Where is the HQ of Bajaj AllianzGeneral Insurance?
1. Answer: A
Explanation: The Centre froze the dearness allowance (DA) for its 4.8 million employees and 6.5 million pensioners at 17 per cent till July 1, 2021, to partly offset the increase in spending on health in light of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) crisis.
2. Answer: B
Explanation: The government has approved reconstitution of the National Shipping Board to be headed by former Director General of Shipping Malini Shankar.
3. Answer: D
Explanation: The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed and opened a new permanent bridge on the Ravi river that connects the Kasowal enclave in Punjab with the rest of the country.
4. Answer: A
Explanation: Parliamentarian from Ladakh, Jamyang Tsering Namgyal, started “MP Cares” initiative to distribute masks and hand sanitisers to all households in the area and create awareness among people on ways to check coronavirus pandemic.
5. Answer: D
Explanation: India participated in a video conference of SAARC health ministers hosted by Pakistan to promote greater regional cooperation to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
6. Answer: D
Explanation: The World Bank has approved 82 million US dollars (585 crore rupees) for the Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project (HPSRTP) for upgradation of major roads and modernization of the Public Works Department in the state.
7. Answer: D
Explanation: Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, along with smart-tech enabled preventive healthcare platform GOQii has launched a new add-on health cover called ‘BAGIC GOQii Co-pay Option’ under regulatory sandbox approval received from the IRDAI, that would reward customers with a healthy lifestyle.
8. Answer: D
Explanation: Vodafone Idea and Paytm, a digital payments and financial services platform, have launched ‘Recharge Saathi’ programme which helps individuals and small businesses to earn an additional income.
9. Answer: B
Explanation: Sanjay Kothari was appointed as the Central Vigilance Commissioner, head of the country’s anti-corruption watchdog. He was working as the Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind.
10. Answer: A
Explanation: NASA engineers have developed a new, easy-to-build high-pressure ventilator tailored specifically to treat COVID-19 patients.
11. Answer: A
Explanation: An e-office application, that enables movement of files and documents without physical touch, has been launched for usage in the 1.62 lakh personnel-strong Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) to prevent coronavirus infection, officials said on Friday.
12. Answer: D
Explanation: Veteran sports photojournalist Ronojoy ‘Ronny’ Roy died following a cardiac arrest at a city hospital. He was 57.
13. Answer: B
Explanation: Former Rajya Sabha member from Odisha Basanta Das died following a prolonged illness. He was 80.
14. Answer: A
Explanation: International Girls in ICT Day is an International Telecommunication Union (ITU) initiative and annually it was observed on the 4th Thursday in April.In 2020, International Girls in ICT Day celebrated on 23 April under the theme: ‘Expand Horizons, Change Attitudes’.
15. Answer: A
Explanation: World Immunization Week – celebrated in the last week of April (24 to 30 April) – aims to promote the use of vaccines to protect people of all ages against disease.The theme this year is #VaccinesWork for All and the campaign will focus on how vaccines – and the people who develop, deliver and receive them – are heroes by working to protect the health of everyone, everywhere.
16. Answer: D
Explanation: World Malaria Day is an international observance commemorated every year on 25 April and recognizes global efforts to control malaria.The theme of World Malaria Day 2020 Zero Malaria Starts with Me, a grassroots campaign that aims to keep malaria high on the political agenda, mobilize additional resources, and empower communities to take ownership of malaria prevention and care.
17. Answer: D
Explanation: In Manipur, remembering the people who valiantly fought in the Anglo-Manipuri War in 1891, state government commemorated ‘ Khongjom Day’ at Khongjom War Memorial Complex, Thoubal.
18. Answer: D
19. Answer: D