1. Which state/UT has released first-of-its-kind draft cycling policy that views cycling as a major alternate mode of transport for short distances?
A) Chandigarh B) Uttar Pradesh
C) NewDelhi D) Bengaluru
2. Which country will join the United States, Canada, Norway, and Qatar in forming ‘Net Zero Producers Forum’ for oil and gas producer?
A) Israel B) Iran
C) UAE D) Saudi Arabia
3. Which platform has launched a new video-based wealth community called Wealth Community?
A) Paytm B) PayPal
C) Payzapp D) Freecharge
4. BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL) have come together with which company to offer an easy, frictionless payment solution for cardholders with the launch of ConQR – on Card solution?
A) Visa B) MasterCard
C) Rupay D) American Express
5. Which bank has signed an agreement with The Chennai Angles for financing start-ups under its loan programme, ‘IND Spring Board?
A) Bank of Baroda B) IDBI Bank
C) Indian Bank D) Indian Overseas Bank
6. Recently RBI cancelled the license of Bhagyodaya Friends Urban Co-operative Bank Limited.It is based in which state?
A) Bihar B) Haryana
C) Uttar Pradesh D) Maharashtra
7. Recently India has tied with which country to promote tech startup’s?
A) Japan B) China
C) Thailand D) Singapore
8. Which institute have signed a MoU to set up an Accelerator Centre for Research & Development With Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs?
A) IIT Kanpur B) IIT Kharagpur
C) IIT Jammu D) IIM Ahmedabad
9. Deepika Kumari and Atanu Das won two individual gold medals as India capped their best ever show in a World Cup.They are associated with which sports?
A) Shooting B) Achery
C) Kabaddi D) Discus Thrower
10. Recently India’s women recurve team won the gold medal at Archery World Cup Stage Who was leading the team?
A) Komolika Bari B) Ankita Bhakat
C) Vinesh Phogat D) Deepika Kumari
11. The fourth edition of ‘Khelo India Youth Games-2021’ will be held in Which city/state?
A) Haryana and Delhi B) UP and Haryana
C) Mp and Bihar D) Telangana and Karnataka
12. Which film won the best picture title award at 93rd Academy Awards?
A) Nomadlamd B) Another Round
C) My Octopus D) Two distant strangers
13. Which country will launch a data relay satellite that will help maintain contact with the Gagangyaan mission?
A) USA B) India
C) China D) Japan
14. Recently Rajan Mishra passed away,He was related to the which field?
A) Sports B) Social Activist
C) Author D) Singer
15. Recently which famous nuclear scientist passed away who played noteworthy role in 1998 nuclear tests at Pokhran?
A) LV Prabhakar B) VN Narayana
C) R Krishnamurthy D) K Santhanam
16. What is the theme of this year’s World Intellectual Property Day 2021?
A) IP and SMEs-Taking your ideas to market
B) Innovate for a green future
C) Reach for Gold-IP and Sports
D) Powering change-Women in innovation
17. What is theme of this year World Malaria Day 2021?
A) Stop and prevent malaria
B) Ready to beat Malaria
C) Reaching the zero malaria target
D) Zero Malaria starts with me
18. When is International Delegate Day observed?
A) April 26 B) April 24
C) April 22 D) April 25
19. When is International Chernobyl Disaster Rememberance Day observed?
A) April 28 B) April 27
C) April 26 D) April 25
20. What is the currency of Saudi Arabia?
A) Riyal B) Yen
C) Krone D) Dinar
1. Answer: A
Explanation: Chandigarh state government has released first-of-its-kind draft cycling policy that views cycling as a major alternate mode of transport for short distances.
2. Answer: D
Explanation: Saudi Arabia will join the United States, Canada, Norway, and Qatar in forming ‘Net Zero Producers Forum’ for oil and gas producers to discuss how they can support the implementation of the Paris Agreement on climate change.
3. Answer: A
Explanation: Home-grown digital financial services platform Paytm has launched a new video-based wealth community called the Paytm Wealth Community.
4. Answer: B
Explanation: Mastercard and BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL) have come together to offer an easy, frictionless payment solution for cardholders with the launch of ConQR – a Mastercard QR on Card solution.
5. Answer: C
Explanation: Indian Bank has signed an agreement with The Chennai Angles for financing start-ups under its loan programme, ‘IND Spring Board.
6. Answer: D
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said it has cancelled the licence of Maharashtra-basedBhagyodaya Friends Urban Co-operative Bank Limited due to inadequate capital.
7. Answer: D
Explanation: The Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SICCI) and Start-up Incubation and Innovation Centre (SIIC) of IIT-Kanpur have come together to provide a gateway of opportunities to tech-based start-ups to usher a circular economy and an entrepreneurial ecosystem.
8. Answer: B
Explanation: IIT Kharagpur and the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) have signed a MoU to set up an Accelerator Centre for Research & Development at the Institute.
9. Answer: B
Explanation: Newly-wed archery couple Deepika Kumari and Atanu Das led the show with two individual gold medals as India capped their best ever show in a World Cup, claiming three golds and one bronze in the tournament’s first stage.
10. Answer: D
Explanation: Indian women’s recurve team held its nerve to pip Mexico 5-4 (27-26) in an intriguing final to grab a gold medal in the Archery World Cup Stage 1.
11. Answer: A
Explanation: The fourth edition of ‘Khelo India Youth Games-2021’ will be held in Panchkula, Ambala, Shahabad, Delhi and Chandigarh from November 21 to December 5, in which various sports activities under-18 category would be organised.
12. Answer: A
Explanation: The Academy has paid tribute to Indian actor Irrfan Khan and Indian Oscar-winning costume designer Bhanu Athaiya. The two featured in the Academy’s In Memorium segment during Oscar awards ceremony.
13. Answer: B
Explanation: The Indian Space Research Organisation will launch a data relay satellite that will help maintain contact with the Gagangyaan mission throughout after the launch.
14. Answer: D
Explanation: Classical singer Rajan Mishra, a Padma Bhushan awardee, died of complications caused by COVID-19 at a hospital. He was 70.
15. Answer: D
Explanation: Indian nuclear scientist Krishnamurthy Santhanam, who played noteworthy role in 1998 nuclear tests at Pokhran, has passed away.
16. Answer: A
Explanation: World Intellectual Property Day is observed annually on 26 April. It aims to increase people’s awareness and understanding of intellectual property (IP).
17. Answer: C
Explanation: World Malaria Day (WMD) is observed on April 25 every year. The day aimed at taking urgent action in the control of the deadly disease.
18. Answer: D
Explanation: International Delegate’s Day observed globally on 25 April every year. This day also marks the anniversary of the first day of the San Francisco Conference which is also known as the United Nations Conference on International Organization.
19. Answer: C
Explanation: The International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day is observed every year on April 26 to raise awareness of the consequences of the 1986 Chernobyl disaster and the risks of nuclear energy in general.