In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 11th July 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. RBI has imposed monetary penalty on which of the following bank for contravention of various regulatory norms, including on lending to NBFCs?
A. Bank of Baroda
B. Bandhan Bank
C. IndusInd Bank
D. All of the above
2. Which bank has signed an MOU with the Indian Army to offer defence service salary package for Indian Army under its ‘Power Salute’ initiative?
A. HDFC Bank
B. Kotak Mahindra Bank
C. Yes Bank
D. Axis Bank
3. Max Bupa Health Insurance has entered into a Bancassurance partnership with which bank?
A. RBL Bank
B. ICICI Bank
C. HDFC Bank
D. Axis Bank
4. Who is known as the founding father of Bengaluru?
A. Hyder Ali
B. Nadaprabhu Kempegowda
D. Krishnaraja Wadiyar
5. Which of the following movie has recently added to the National Film Archive of India?
6. National Fish Farmers’ Day is celebrated every year on _________.
A. 12 July
B. 11 July
C. 10 July
D. 09 July
7. Bharat Dynamics Ltd signs _________ deal with Indian Air Force for the manufacture and supply of Akash missiles.
A. Rs 499-crore
B. Rs 599-crore
C. Rs 699-crore
D. Rs 799-crore
8. Who among the following has won the 2021 Scripps National Spelling Bee?
A. Sandra Sloss
B. Dean Lucas
C. Pauline Bell
D. Zaila Avant-garde
9. ________ enters India’s railway map as first passenger train reaches the state.
10. Name the author of the book “The Pregnancy Bible”.
A. Vidya Balan
B. Anushka Sharma
C. Neha Dhupia
D. Kareena Kapoor Khan
11. US President Joe Biden has nominated Eric Garcetti, the mayor of which city to be the ambassador to India?
B. Los Angeles
C. New York
D. San Francisco
12. Two new species of spiders have been found in the Jharbari range of Chirang Reserve Forest of which state of India?
13. Which day is celebrated around the world on 11th July?
A. World Population Day
B. World Statistics Day
C. World Post Day
D. World Ozone Day
14. Which of the following charitable organization has recently released the Hunger Virus Multiplicity Report?
A. British Health Foundation
C. World Vision International
D. Amnesty International
15. Which of these departments and the National Institute of Biomedical Genomics have developed the world’s first oral cancer variant?
A. Science Department
B. education department
C. Department of Biotechnology
D. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
16. Recently who has instructed banks and other financial institutions to discontinue the London Interbank Offer Rate?
A. Ministry of Finance
B. Ministry of Education
C. Ministry of Sports
D. Reserve Bank of India
17. Which of the following space agency’s ICESat-2 satellite has discovered Antarctic meltwater lakes?
18. CEO of which of these bank Shyam Srinivasan has been re-appointed as the CEO of the bank for a period of three years?
A. Canara Bank
B. Federal Bank
C. Bank of Baroda
D. Yes Bank
19. Who has become the 1st Indian jury member for shooting at Tokyo Olympics?
A. Pawan Singh
B. Naveen Singh
C. Sunil Mishra
D. Anil Sharma
20. Who has won the Serbia Open Chess title?
A. Abhimanyu Mishra
B. Nihal Sarin
C. V Anand
D. M Subramanian
The RBI on 8th July said it has imposed penalties on SBI, Bank of Baroda, IndusInd Bank, Bandhan Bank and 10 other lenders for contravention of various regulatory norms, including on lending to NBFCs.
The country’s third-largest private lender Axis Bank has signed MOU with the Indian Army offering a defence service salary package under its “Power Salute” initiative.
Max Bupa Health Insurance, a standalone health insurer, has entered into a bancassurance partnership with Axis Bank, the country’s third largest private sector bank.
The Karnataka state government decided to develop 46 Kempegowda heritage sites located in Bengaluru Urban, Bengaluru Rural, Ramanagara, Chikballapura, and Tumakuru districts, in a bid to promote tourism.
National Film Archive of India (NFAI), announced a significant addition of the original camera negative of Rajkumar Hirani’s 2014 film ‘PK’ in its collection. The filmmaker handed the negatives over to Director NFAI, Prakash Magdum, in Mumbai.
National Fish Farmers’ Day is celebrated every year on 10 July, by the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying in association with the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB).
The Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) has signed a contract with the Ministry of Defence for the manufacture and supply of Akash missiles to the Indian Air Force (IAF). The total worth of the deal is around Rs 499 crore.
Zaila Avant-garde, an African-American, from New Orleans in Louisiana, has won the 2021 Scripps National Spelling Bee.
A passenger train Rajdhani Express from Assam’s Silchar railway station has reached the Vaingaichunpao railway station in Manipur for a trial run, putting the state on the Indian Railways map.
Kareena Kapoor Khan has announced her new book titled Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Bible. The actor has also called it her ‘third child. She shared her experience while writing the book.
US President Joe Biden recently nominated Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti for the post of Ambassador to India. Once approved by the Senate, Mayor Eric Garcetti will replace Kenneth Juster. Kenneth was appointed the US Ambassador to India during the Trump administration.
Two new species of spiders “Grevelia boro and Dexipus kleni” have been found in the Jharbari range of Chirang Reserve Forest in western Assam, India. One of these spiders lives in the bill/bambi and the spider of the other species jumps. Gravalia borough is a burrowing spider. It is discovered for the first time.
World Population Day is celebrated all over the world on 11th July. The theme of this year’s World Population Day is “Rights and Choices The Answer, Whether Baby Boom or Bust, Solutions to Change in Fertility Rates Prioritize Reproductive Health and Rights of All People.” is. This time programs were organized on this day in Bhagalpur, Katihar and Araria of Bihar.
Charitable organization Oxfam has recently released the Hunger Virus Multiplicity Report. According to the report, starvation deaths during the corona period are leaving behind the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, global military spending has increased by $51 billion.
National Institute of Biomedical Genomics and Department of Biotechnology has recently prepared the world’s first oral cancer variant. The two have created their first database of genomic variation in oral cancer. While the National Institute of Biomedical Genomics has made the database accessible to the public, this database is called dbGENVOC.
The Reserve Bank of India has recently instructed banks and other financial institutions to discontinue the London Interbank Offer Rate “Libor”. The global change from Libor became necessary because banks were manipulating rates in 2007-08.
US space agency NASA’s satellite ICESat-2 has discovered Antarctic meltwater lakes. ICESat-2 is the successor of ICESat which was launched by NASA in the year 2018. This satellite can collect altitude data with high precision.
Shyam Srinivasan, CEO of Federal Bank, has been re-appointed as the CEO of the bank for a period of three years. He will be in office from September 23, 2021 to September 22, 2024. Federal Bank is a leading Indian commercial bank in the private sector. Its headquarter is in Aluva, Kochi. This bank has more than 1,200 branches across India.
Pawan Singh has become the 1st Indian jury member for shooting at Tokyo Olympics. He is currently serving as the Joint Secretary General of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI).
Indian Grandmaster, Nihal Sarin has won the Serbia Open Chess title. It is his second consecutive title win after the Silver Lake Open. Serbia Open Chess Championship was held in Belgrade.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com