In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 12th January 2022 and their answers with explanations.
1. Who has been appointed as the Vice President of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)?
(a) Raghuram Rajan
(b) Urjit Patel
(c) Viral Acharya
(d) Bimal Jalan
2. Name the winner of the women’s singles tennis title at the 2022 Adelaide International 1 tournament.
(a) Simona Halep
(b) Karolina Pliskova
(c) Ashleigh Barty
(d) Naomi Osaka
3. Which film has won the Golden Globe 2022 Best film in the Motion pictures (drama) category?
(a) The Power of the Dog
(b) King Richard
(c) West Side Story
(d) Being the Ricardos
4. As per the latest data by Finance Ministry, what is the approx amount deposited in bank accounts opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) scheme as on December 2021?
(a) Rs 2.0 lakh crore
(b) Rs 1.0 lakh crore
(c) Rs 2.5 lakh crore
(d) Rs 1.5 lakh crore
5. What was the profession of Marilyn Bergman who has passed away recently?
6. Who is the author of Ratan Tata’s authorized biography titled ‘Ratan N. Tata: The Authorized Biography’?
(a) Ashwini Vaishnaw
(b) Thomas Matthew
(c) Yogendra Narain
(d) Pramod Wilson
7. The Indian Railways has renamed Kevadiya railway station as ____________.
(a) Biswas Nagar railway station
(b) Patel Nagar railway station
(c) Ekta Nagar railway station
(d) Gandhi Nagar railway station
8. In 19th Meeting of National Tiger Conservation Authority, Bhupender Yadav announced that ____________ Tiger reserves of India have received accreditation of the Global Conservation Assured Tiger Standards.
9. Which Bank has announced a strategic collaboration with Google to fuel the Bank’s customer experience strategy?
(a) ICICI Bank
(b) RBL Bank
(c) State Bank of India
(d) Federal Bank
10. ____________ Arts and Crafts Village Organization was awarded with the ‘International Craft Award for 2021’.
(c) Madhya Pradesh
11. Who among the following has become India’s 73rd chess Grandmaster?
(a) Arjun Kalyan
(b) Harshit Raja
(c) Sankalp Gupt
(d) Bharath Subramaniyam
12. Which of the following state government declared four villages located near the Nepal border in the district as revenue villages?
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh
13. Which Indian Airport is one of the top 10 large international airports in the world that ensures ‘on-time’ departures?
14. Which tennis player has won the 2022 Melbourne Summer Set 1 men’s single title?
(a) Maxime Cressy
(b) Andy Murray
(c) Novak Djokovic
(d) Rafael Nadal
15. The Ministry of Railways has approved to change the name of Kevadiya Railway Station to what?
(a) Vikram Nagar Railway Station
(b) Saniya Nagar Railway Station
(c) Sosma Nagar Railway Station
(d) Ekta Nagar Railway Station
16. Gael Monfils recently won the 11th ATP title of his career by defeating whom in the men’s singles event of the 2022 Adelaide International 1?
(a) Novak Djokovic
(b) Rafael Nadal
(c) Karen Khachanov
(d) none of these
17. President of the European Parliament David Sassoli has recently died in a hospital in Italy at the age of?
(a) 55 years
(b) 65 years
(c) 75 years
(d) 85 years
Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Urjit Patel has been appointed as Vice President of the multilateral funding institution Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) for a period of three years.
In women’s category, World number one Australian star Ashleigh Barty beat Elena Rybakina of Kazakhstan to win her second Adelaide International title.
The Power of the Dog film has won the Golden Globe 2022 Best film in the Motion pictures (drama) category.
As per the latest data of finance ministry, the deposits in bank accounts opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) scheme have crossed Rs 1.5 lakh crore mark.
Marilyn Bergman, the Oscar, Emmy and Grammy-winning American lyricists and songwriter has passed away.
Tata Sons emeritus Chairman, veteran industrialist and philanthropist Ratan Tata’s authorized biography titled ‘Ratan N. Tata: The Authorized Biography’ is set to hit the stands in November 2022.The biography is penned by former senior bureaucrat and retired IAS officer Dr. Thomas Matthew.
The Ministry of Railways has approved the renaming of the Kevadiya railway station in Narmada district of Gujarat, as Ekta Nagar railway station.
Bhupender Yadav chaired 19th Meeting of National Tiger Conservation Authority; 14 Tiger Reserves got CA|TS Accreditation.
RBL Bank and Google announced a strategic collaboration to fuel the Bank’s customer experience strategy.
Kerala Arts and Crafts Village Organization (KACV) from Kovalam was awarded with the ‘International Craft Award for 2021’ for the best craft village in the world by the World Crafts Council International.
Tamil Nadu’s Fourteen-year-old Bharath Subramaniyam became India’s 73rd chess Grandmaster. He secured the third and final Grandmaster norm at an event at Cattolica in Italy.
Uttar Pradesh government declared four villages located near the Nepal border in the district as revenue villages.
The Chennai International Airport is one of the top 10 large international airports in the world that ensures ‘on-time’ departures.
World number six Rafael Nadal won the men’s singles tennis title at 2022 Melbourne Summer Set 1.
The Ministry of Railways has recently approved the renaming of Kevadiya railway station in Narmada district of Gujarat to Ekta Nagar railway station. Statue of Unity’s Kevadiya railway station comes under Vadodara division, Ekta Nagar railway station’s station code will be EKNR, station’s numerical code will be 08224620.
Gail Monfils recently won the 11th ATP title of his career by defeating Karen Khachanov in the men’s singles event of the 2022 Adelaide International 1. The same Australian star Ashley defeated Kazakhstan’s Elina Rybakina to win her second Adelaide International title.
The President of the European Parliament, David Sassoli, has recently died at the age of 65 in a hospital in Italy. He was seriously ill for more than two weeks. He was born in 1956 in Florence, Italy. He studied political science at the University of Rome. He was first elected President of the European Parliament in 2009.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org