In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 14th June 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. Which bank has launched the ‘Ghar Ghar Ration’ Program for its customers?
A) IDFC First Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) ICICI Bank
D) Ujjivan SFB
2. Who has been appointed as the Secretary-General of UNCTAD?
A) Kamala Harris
B) Tedros Adhanom
C) Rebeca Grynspan
D) Neeta Mishra
3. ______________ has received International Excellence Award from London Book Fair for its educational learning resources.
D) Karadi Path
4. As per the RBI data, India’s FOREX reserve has crossed the USD ____ billion marks for the first time.
5. Pioneer of Organic Farming in India, ________ passed away recently at the age of 78 years.
A) Radhe Shyam
C) Radhe Mohan
D) Sambit Mohan
6. Russia will supply advanced satellites to ______ for tracking military targets.
7. Which bank has launched ‘Kavach Personal Loan’ for COVID-19 patients?
A) State Bank of India
B) Bank of Maharashtra
C) Bank of Baroda
D) Punjab National Bank
8. Who has won the ‘Best Actor award at the 2021 UK Asian Film Festival?
A) Deepika Padukone
B) Priyanka Chopra
C) Tapsee Pannu
D) Tilotma Shome
9. Who will be the Match Referee of the final match of the World Test Championship?
A) Billy Bowden
B) Chris Broad
C) Michael Gough
D) Richard Illingworth
10. Who launched the cricket coaching website ‘Cricuru’?
A) Saurav Ganguly
B) Zahir Khan
C) Virendra Sehwag
D) Rahul Dravid
11. Professor Mukesh Sharma of which of the following IIT institute has been appointed as an honorary member of WHO GAPH-TAG?
A) IIT Delhi
B) IIT Mumbai
C) IIT Bangalore
D) IIT Kanpur
12. Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has recently released Rs 7,622 crore to the states and union territories under which scheme?
A) PMKY Scheme
B) Swamitva Scheme
C) Samagra Shiksha Yojana
D) Self-reliant India
13. Which Indian state’s head of the world’s largest family, Ziona Chana, has passed away recently?
14. Which day is celebrated across the world on 14th June?
A) World Science Day
B) World Postal Service Day
C) World Blood Donation Day
D) World Water Day
15. Defense Minister Shri Rajnath Singh has recently approved budgetary support of Rs 498.8 crore for innovation in the defense sector for how many Years?
A) 2 Years
B) 3 Years
C) 4 Years
D) 5 Years
16. Which female player from the Czech Republic has recently won the women’s singles title in French Open Tennis?
A) Maria Sharapova
B) Serna William
C) Venus William
D) Barbora Krajsikova
17. G-7 leaders have recently launched B3W to counter the Belt and Road Initiative of which country?
18. Which country’s economist Rebecca Grinspan has been appointed as the new Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development?
D) Costa Rica
IDFC First Bank has launched the ‘Ghar Ghar Ration’ Program for the customers whose livelihoods have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. It is an employee-funded program for its low-income customers.
Rebeca Grynspan has been appointed as the Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. She has served as the Vice-President of Costa Rica.
Karadi Path has received International Excellence Award from London Book Fair for its educational learning resources. It is the only firm in India to win the award for this year.
As per the RBI data, India’s foreign exchange (FOREX) reserve has USD 600 billion mark for the first time. India’s Gold reserves fell down to USD 37.604 billion after a decline of USD 502 million.
Pioneer of Organic Farming in India, Radhe Mohan passed away recently at the age of 78 years. He served as Information Commissioner of Odisha and is also a Padma Shri awardee.
Russia will supply advanced satellites to Iran for tracking potential military targets across the Middle East region. Russian signed a deal to offer its Kanopus-V satellite to Iran.
State Bank of India has launched ‘Kavach Personal Loan’ for COVID-19 patients. This will facilitate its customers in meeting the medical expenses of their family members.
Tilotma Shome has won the ‘Best Actor award at the 2021 UK Asian Film Festival. She was awarded for her role in ‘Raahgir: The Wayfarers’ directed by Goutam Ghose.
Chris Broad will be the Match Referee of the final match of World Test Championship. The final match of WTC will be played between India and New Zealand from 18th June, 2021 at Ageas Bowl, Southampton.
Former Indian Cricketer, Virendra Sehwag has launched the cricket coaching website ‘Cricuru’. This will offer a personalized learning experience to the young players.
Professor Mukesh Sharma of IIT Kanpur has recently been appointed as an honorary member of the World Health Organization’s Global Air Pollution and Health-Technical Advisory Group (GAPH-TAG). He will be part of the WHO Advisory Group on Interventions/Policies for Air Pollution Control in 194 Member States.
Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has recently released Rs 7,622 crore to the states and union territories of the country under the Samagra Shiksha Yojana. This Samagra Shiksha Yojana is an integrated scheme for education that is centered from pre-school to class XII.
Ziona Chana, the head of the world’s largest family of Mizoram state of India, has recently passed away at the age of 76. He is a carpenter by profession and has 38 wives and 89 children. He was born on 21 July 1945, he was the head of a community named Paval.
World Blood Donor Day is celebrated all over the world on 14 June. The purpose of celebrating this day is to raise awareness about the need for safe blood products.
Defense Minister Shri Rajnath Singh has recently approved budgetary support of Rs.498.8 crore for innovation in the defense sector through i-DEX-DIO. This budgetary support will give a boost to the “Self-reliant India campaign”.
Barbora Krejcikova of the Czech Republic recently won the women’s singles title in French Open tennis by defeating Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 6-1, 2-6, 6-4. She was her first Grand Slam finalist. She has previously won the doubles title 5 times in the Krejcikova Grand Slam tournament.
Leaders at the G-7 summit recently launched Build Back Better World (B3W) to counter China’s Belt and Road Initiative and help developing countries. During this conference, US President Biden and G7 partners have agreed to a new global infrastructure B3W.
Costa Rican economist Rebecca Grinspan has been appointed as the new Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. The headquarters of this United Nations Conference on Trade and Development is in Geneva. She will be the first woman to lead it and the first person from the Central American region
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links
|Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com