In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 16th June 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. Who has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Israel to replace Benjamin Netanyahu?
A) Ayelet Shaked
B) Naftali Bennett
C) Mansour Abbas
D) Miri Regev
2. Nirmal Milkha Singh has passed away recently. She was the former captain of India national team in which sports event?
3.What was the profession of Sanchari Vijay, who has passed away recently?
4. Vinoo Mankad has been inducted into ICC Hall of Fame ahead of WTC final. He was a/an _____.
5. World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is observed globally on _______ every year.
A) 13th June
B) 14th June
C) 15th June
D) 16th June
6. Name the winner of the women’s singles title at French Open 2021.
A) Sofia Kenin
B) Elise Mertens
C) Katerina Siniaková
D) Barbora Krejcikova
7. India’s retail inflation shot up to a six-month high of ______ percent in May
8. Which of the following state will present its own versions of the Bharat Ratna and the Padma awards from next year?
A) Tamil Nadu
9. Former Indian batsman, ________ has released his autobiography ‘Believe – What Life and Cricket Taught Me’.
A) Ashish Nehra
B) Virendra Sehwag
C) MS Dhoni
D) Suresh Raina
10. Who has been re-elected as Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI) chairman for 2021-22?
A) Ajai Puri
B) Pramod Kumar Mittal
C) SP Kochhar
D) Sandeep Kalra
11. What is the rank of India in the “Global House Price Index” released by Knight Frank?
12. Name the first German architect to be awarded the Pritzker Prize, has passed away recently.
A) Erich Mendelsohn
B) Gunter Behnisch
C) Frei Otto
D) Gottfried Bohm
13. Former SC judge _______ appointed chairperson of Grievance Redressal body for OTT platforms by Internet and Mobile Association of India.
A) Arjan Kumar Sikri
B) Abhay Manohar Sapre
C) Deepak Gupta
D) R. Banumathi
14. What is the theme of 47th G7 summit 2021?
A) Background Paper
B) Gender equality and women’s empowerment
C) Building Back Stronger
D) Building Back Better
15. The 47th G7 Leaders’ Summit 2021 took place in a Hybrid format at Cornwall, _________.
C) United Kingdom
16. As per the World Giving Index 2021, India is at which place?
17. World Giving Index 2021 has been released by?
A) Charities Aid Foundation (CAF)
C) World Bank
18. When is the International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR) marked?
A) 16 June
B) 13 June
C) 14 June
D) 15 June
19. The theme of International Day of Family Remittances 2021
A) Families, Healthy Lives, and a Sustainable Future
B) Families and Persons with Disabilities
C) Recovery and resilience through digital and financial inclusion
D) Families and Climate Action: Focus on SDG 13
20. Who is appointed as the Chairman of the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) for 2021-22?
A) Vir Inder Nath
B) Ajai Puri
C) Naveen Pathal
D) Adarsh Nair
Naftali Bennett, the former Defence Minister of Israel, and leader of Yamina party, took oath as the Prime Minister of the country.
The former Indian women volleyball team captain Nirmal Kaur, who is the wife of sprint legend Milkha Singh (Flying Sikh), has passed away due to COVID-19 complications.
Veteran Kannada film actor Sanchari Vijay, who won the National award in 2015, has passed away.
Indian batsman Vinoo Mankad and 9 others inducted into ICC Hall of Fame ahead of WTC final.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is observed globally on 15th June every year. This day is celebrated to raise a voice for the elderly who are abused and victimized.
Barbora Krejcíková (Czech Republic) has won the women’s singles title at French Open 2021.
India’s retail inflation shot up to a six-month high of 6.3 percent in May, after easing to a three-month low of 4.23 percent in April.
The Assam government will present its own versions of the Bharat Ratna and the Padma awards from next year.
Former Indian batsman, Suresh Raina has released his autobiography ‘Believe – What Life and Cricket Taught Me’.
Chief Operating Officer of Bharti Airtel, Ajai Puri has been re-elected as Chairman of the industry association for 2021-22.
India has moved down 12 spots in the global home price index to 55th rank in Q1 2021 against 43rd rank in Q1 2020, with a decline of 1.6 percent year-on-year (YoY) in home prices, Knight Frank, in its latest research report “Global House Price Index” – Q1 2021.
Gottfried Bohm, the first German architect to be awarded the Pritzker Prize, has passed away at 101.
Former SC judge Arjan Kumar Sikri appointed chairperson of Grievance Redressal body for OTT platforms
The theme for the 47th G7 summit 2021 is ‘Building Back Better’.
The 47th G7 Leaders’ Summit 2021 (Outreach Session of the G7 meeting) took place in a Hybrid format from June 11-13, 2021 at Cornwall, United Kingdom (UK).
As per the World Giving Index 2021, India has been positioned at 14th among 114 countries.
The Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) has released the World Giving Index 2021 and as per the Index, India has been positioned at 14th among 114 countries.
The day of 16th June is observed as International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR) each year to make celebrate the contribution of migrant workers, improve the lives of their family members back home, and create a future of hope for their children.
The theme of 2021 International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR) is ‘Recovery and resilience through digital and financial inclusion.’
The Chief Operating Officer (India and South Asia) of Bharti Airtel Ajai Puri has been appointed as Chairman of the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) for the year 2021-22.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org