In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 17th June 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. Who has been named the ICC Men’s Player of the Month of May?
A) Rohit Sharma
B) Mushfiqur Rahim
C) Babar Azam
D) Joe Root
2. India’s first Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) substitute machine ‘Jivan Vayu’, has been developed by which institute?
A) IIT Ropar
B) IIT Kanpur
C) IIT Delhi
D) IIT Madras
3. Kathryn Bryce, has been named ICC Women’s Player of the Month of May. She plays for which country?
A) New Zealand
4. What is the rank of India in the World Giving Index 2021, by the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF)?
5. The International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR) is marked annually on which day?
A) 16 June
B) 15 June
C) 14 June
D) 13 June
6. Raja parba festival is celebrated in which of the following state?
7. Recently, RBI allowed which of the following as a biller category to expand the scope of Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS)?
A) Mobile postpaid recharges
B) Gas bill
C) Electricity bill
D) Mobile Prepaid recharges
8. Which of the following country has been elected to UN Security Council (UNSC) as non-permanent members for 2022-23 term?
D) All of the above
9. Name the Indian women wrestler, who won the gold medal in the 53 kg category at the Poland Open.
A) Vinesh Phogat
B) Sakshi Malik
C) Babita Kumari
D) Divya Kakran
10. Which of the following bank has expanded its strategic collaboration with Oracle and Infosys, to offer an enhanced customer experience through Oracle CX platform?
A) ICICI Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) Yes Bank
D) Federal Bank
11. Who has been appointed as an honorary member of WHO’s Technical Advisory Group?
A) Roshni Verma
B) Rohit Tiwari
C) Mukesh Sharma
D) Sanjay Sharma
12. The wholesale price-based inflation accelerated to a record high of ________ percent in May.
A) 08.94 per cent
B) 09.94 per cent
C) 10.94 per cent
D) 12.94 per cent
13. Global Wind Day is observed every year on ______.
A) 12 June
B) 13 June
C) 14 June
D) 15 June
14. NATO leaders declared that _________ poses a constant security challenge and is working to undermine global order.
15. _________ has launched a new initiative ‘Report it, Don’t share it!’ that encourages people to report child abuse content on its platforms and not to share it.
16. Which of the following state government has ordered to open all government primary and upper primary schools for teachers and employees from July 01?
A) Government of Kerala
B) Government of Gujarat
C) Government of Maharashtra
D) Government of Uttar Pradesh
17. According to the John Hopkins University tracker, which country has become the first country to record 6 lakh deaths due to COVID-19?
18. Which of the following social media company has recently appointed interim Chief Grievance Officer?
19. Which day is celebrated across the world on 17th June?
A) World Day for Desertification and Drought Prevention
B) World TB Prevention Day
C) World Science Day
D) World Postal Service Day
20. Which of the following has recently made drone survey mandatory for all National Highway projects?
A) Ministry of Defense
B) National Highway Authority of India
C) Ministry of Sports
D) NITI Aayog
From the Bangladesh camp, Mushfiqur Rahim was named the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for May 2021.
The Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Ropar has developed a device dubbed as ‘Jivan Vayu’ which can be used as a substitute of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machine.
All-rounder Kathryn Bryce from Scotland was deservingly voted the ICC Women’s Player of the Month for May 2021 as she is the first player from Scotland, male, or female, to make it to the top 10 of the batting or bowling lists in the ICC Player Rankings released recently.
India has been ranked at 14th spot among 114 countries in the World Giving Index 2021, by the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF).This rank is up from its 10-year global rank of 82.
The International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR) is a United Nations General Assembly recognized day, observed on 16 June each year to celebrate the contribution of migrant workers, improve the lives of their family members back home, and to create a future of hope for their children.
Raja Parba festival celebrated in Odisha. It is a 3-days unique festival in which the onset of monsoon and the earth’s womanhood is celebrated by the state.
According to RBI, The scope of the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) will be expanded by August 31, 2021 by adding ‘mobile prepaid recharges as a biller category.
Countries including Albania, Brazil, Gabon, Ghana and United Arab Emirates (UAE) have been elected unopposed to powerful UN Security Council (UNSC) as non-permanent members for 2022-23 term.
Indian wrestler Vinesh Phogat won the gold medal in the 53 kg category at the Poland Open. It is her third title of the season. Earlier, She had won gold at the Matteo Pellicone event (March) and Asian Championship (April).
Federal Bank has expanded its strategic collaboration with Oracle and Infosys, to offer an enhanced customer experience through Oracle CX (Customer Experience) platform.
Mukesh Sharma, a faculty at IIT Kanpur, has been appointed as an honorary member of the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Global Air Pollution and Health – Technical Advisory Group (GAPH-TAG).
The wholesale price-based inflation accelerated to a record high of 12.94 per cent in May, on rising prices of crude oil and manufactured goods. The low base effect also contributed to the spike in WPI inflation in May 2021.
The day of 15th June is observed as Global Wind Day every year in order to create awareness about wind energy, the various uses of wind energy, and the ways and possibilities as to how wind energy can help change the world.
NATO leaders declared that China poses a constant security challenge and is working to undermine global order.
Social media giant Facebook has launched a new initiative ‘Report it, Don’t share it!’ that encourages people to report child abuse content on its platforms and not to share it.
The Government of Uttar Pradesh has recently ordered to open all government primary and upper primary schools for teachers and employees from July 01. According to the order of the state government, only teachers and administrative staff will be present in about 1.5 lakh of these schools.
According to the recently released John Hopkins University tracker, America has become the first country to record 6 lakh deaths due to Kovid-19. California tops the national death rate list in the US, with 63,191 deaths.
Social media company Twitter has recently appointed an interim Chief Grievance Officer according to the new guidelines of the Information Technology Ministry. The details of which Twitter will soon share with the central government.
World Desertification and Drought Prevention Day is celebrated across the world on 17 June. The main objective of this day is to pay more attention to land and soil under adaptation to climate change.
The National Highways Authority of India under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has recently made drone surveys mandatory for all national highway projects in the country. Drone survey has been made mandatory for development, construction, operation for transparency, uniformity and to
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com