In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 18th December 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. Which state has inked pact with United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (UN-FAO) and Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) on Technical Cooperation Project for sustainable agriculture?
(d) Andhra Pradesh
2. Which organization has approved a $112 million loan to strengthen skills education and training through the establishment of the Assam Skill University (ASU)?
(a) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
(b) New Development Bank
(c) Asian Development Bank
(d) World Bank
3. Who is the head of the Advisory Committee for Leveraging Regulatory and Technology Solutions (ALeRTS) set up by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)?
(a) Mukundakam Sharma
(b) Sudarshan Sen
(c) Deepak B Phatak
(d) Madhabi Puri Buch
4. RBI has introduced prompt corrective action framework for large non-banking financial companies. The provisions of the PCA framework will be effective from ______________.
(a) December 2021
(b) October 2022
(c) March 2022
(d) December 2022
5. Who among the following has been honoured with Sports Journalists’ Federation of India (SJFI) Medal 2021?
(a) Sunil Gavaskar
(b) Rahul Dravid
(c) Ravi Shastri
(d) Anil Kumble
6. Who has been named Time magazine’s 2021 Athlete of the Year?
(a) Sofia Kenin
(b) Victoria Azarenka
(c) Jen Brady
(d) Simone Biles
7. Which company has signed a purchase agreement with Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) to supply 4,667 MW of green power?
(a) Tata Power SED
(b) Adani Green Energy
(c) Rockwell Collins
(d) Reliance Power
8. Who is the author of the book titled ‘Raj Kapoor: The Master at Work’, released by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu?
(a) Amit Ranjan
(b) Subhadra Sen Gupta
(c) Rahul Rawail
(d) Pradeep Magazine
9. Edtech platform firm Adda247 has acquired UPSC-focused ed-tech platform StudyIQ Education for _____.
(a) $10 million
(b) $20 million
(c) $30 million
(d) $40 million
10. Who has been appointed as the Director General of Software Technology of India?
(a) Aswant Sinha
(b) Amit Pankal
(c) Arvind Kumar
(d) Arun Kumar
11. Which of the following company will develop electric vehicles (EV) with BMW’s motorcycle brand in India?
(a) TVS Motor Company
(b) Maruti Suzuki
(c) Hyundai India
(d) Mahindra & Mahindra
12. Name the NASA spacecraft, which has become the first spacecraft to pass through the Sun’s outer atmosphere.
(a) Space Solar Probe
(b) Parker Solar Probe
(c) American Solar Probe
(d) RedPlanet Solar Probe
13. 7-time champion ____________ receives knighthood at Windsor Castle, London.
(a) Carlos Sainz Jr.
(b) Yuki Tsunoda
(c) Max Verstappen
(d) Lewis Hamilton
14. Which of the following company has announced the Digital Payments Utsav for 500 villages in India?
15. Who among the following has been honoured with SJFI Sportsman of the year 2021?
(a) Bajrang Punia
(b) Yogeshwar Dutt
(c) Ravi Dahiya
(d) Neeraj Chopra
16. Which day is celebrated around the world on 18th December?
(a) International Right to Education Day
(b) International Fundamental Rights Day
(c) International Science Rights Day
(d) International Minority Rights Day
17. Which of the following country has honored Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the highest civilian award “Nagadag Pale Gi Khorlo”?
18. India has included how many athletes in the list of top athletes for the year 2024 Olympics?
(a) 52 athletes
(b) 78 athletes
(c) 148 athletes
(d) 212 athletes
19. Who has approved a $112 million loan for setting up the Assam Skill University?
(b) Canara Bank
(c) Asian Development Bank
(d) Bank of Baroda
20. Which of these race car divers has been knighted at Windsor Castle, London?
(a) Lewis Hamilton
(b) Max Verstappen
(c) Sergio Parezzo
(d) Sebastian Vetteli
An agreement on Technical Cooperation Project has been inked by Andhra Pradesh Government with the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (UN-FAO) and Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to help the state farmers in adopting a sustainable agriculture food system.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $112 million loan to strengthen skills education and training through the establishment of the Assam Skill University (ASU).
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has set up an Advisory Committee for Leveraging Regulatory and Technology Solutions (ALeRTS) to enhance technological capabilities and explore suitable technology solutions for the early detection of market anomalies.
RBI has introduced prompt corrective action (PCA) framework for large non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) with effect from October 2022.
The Sports Journalists’ Federation of India (SJFI) has decided to honour former Indian Cricketer and cricket commentator Sunil Manohar Gavaskar with its prestigious ‘SJFI Medal 2021’ at SJFI Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Guwahati, Assam.
Simone Biles was named Time magazine’s 2021 Athlete of the Year. The world’s most decorated gymnast, a four-time Olympic medalist, was hailed for putting her mental health first when she withdrew from four event finals at the Tokyo Olympics.
Adani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL) has signed a purchase agreement with Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) to supply 4,667 MW of green power.
Vice President released the book ‘Raj Kapoor: The Master at Work’; authored by Rahul Rawail.
Edtech platform firm Adda247 has acquired UPSC-focused ed-tech platform StudyIQ Education for $20 million (150 crores) in a cash and stock deal.
Arvind Kumar has joined as Director General of Software Technology of India. Software Technology Parks of India is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology Government of India.
India’s TVS Motor Company will develop electric vehicles (EV) with BMW’s motorcycle brand in India, joining a host of Indian automakers that have sought to expand their clean mobility offering.
NASA’s Parker Solar Probe has entered the Sun’s upper atmosphere for, first time in history. In 2018, launched the Parker Solar Probe aims to unravel the mysteries of the Sun by travelling closer to it.
Lewis Hamilton has picked up a new title only days after losing one on the track. The seven-time Formula One champion received a knighthood at Windsor Castle, London.
WhatsApp has announced the Digital Payments Utsav for 500 villages in India. WhatsApp’s Digital Payments Utsav is a pilot program that promotes digital payments to empower individuals and businesses and is meant as a project to further the cause of financial inclusion.
SJFI Sportsman of the year 2021 has been honoured to Neeraj Chopra.
International Minority Rights Day is celebrated all over the world on 18th December. The United Nations adopted the Statement on the Rights of Persons Belonging to Religious or Linguistic National or Ethnic Minorities on 18 December 1992.
Bhutan’s Prime Minister Lotay Tshering has recently honored Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the highest civilian award “Nagadag Pel Gi Khorlo”. The honor comes as a token of appreciation for India’s friendly approach towards Bhutan under the rule of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
India has recently included 148 athletes in the list of top athletes for the year 2024 Olympics. Lakshya Olympic Podium Scheme is an effort to support India’s top athletes, which was launched in 2014.
The Asian Development Bank has recently approved a loan of $112 million for setting up Assam Skill University. This will pave the way for skill development to enhance the productivity and competitiveness of Assam’s economy and industries.
7-time champion race car diver Lewis Hamilton has been knighted at Windsor Castle, London. Hamilton has received the honorary title of “Sir” after being knighted by the Prince of Wales for services to motorsport.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com